RE: [pcgen] Re: Standardized abilities

  • Benjamin Pew
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 3, 2001
      OK, here's another aspect of this. As we've mentioned, there's various
      smiting abilities out there, and certain to be more to come. Currently most
      of these seem to be set up with a DEFINE:Smite|1 tag. This isn't the best,
      because say you have your paladin/hunter of the dead. He has Smite Evil and
      Smite Undead, once each per day. To reflect this, I would think it should be
      DEFINE:Smite Evil|1 in paladin and DEFINE:Smite Undead|1 in hunter of the
      dead, (as examples). But then there's a few questions I have. First off, I'm
      not sure where the this variable is output--I haven't found anywhere yet.
      Second, there's the Extra Smiting feat in Defenders of the Faith, which adds
      one smiting attempt per day each time it is taken. However, for the
      paladin/hunter of the dead, he needs to be able to choose which smite the
      feat is applied to. Can you use the wildcard (%) in the BONUS tag (i.e.,