Strange Feat error

  • Martin Brabander
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
      I have been having a little problem with trying to give a 1st level
      rogue Martial Weapon Proficiency in Sword (long) with 2.17 (with the
      second 2.17 list files)

      With just the PHB loaded, I created a human rogue 1st level.

      1. Switched to the feats tab - Filter 'qualified'. 2 feats to
      allocate.
      2. Select 'Martial Weapon proficiency' Selection box comes up as
      routine with Rapier, Sap, Shortbow, Shortbow (composite) and Sword
      (short) already shown as selected.
      3. Select Sword (long) Apparently no problem up to here.
      4 Click close (Dialogue box appears "Java.lang.String")
      5 Close with OK - Martial Weapon proficiency is shown as selected,
      but I still have 2 feats left to allocate. When I go into the selection
      box, I have lost both Sword (long) and the previous Sap, Shortbow,
      Shortbow (composite) and Sword (short). All that is now showing is
      Rapier.

      Am I missing something in the rules that says Rogues can't use a long
      sword, or have I found a bug?
      I can upload a .pcg file ifg you need it.

      Martin
    • loyalp@home.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
        This bug was previously recorded as #461585. It happens with either
        the Martial or Exotic Weapon Proficiency feats with characters that
        automatically have proficiency with either Martial or Exotic
        weapons. It's a real pain in the behind. :)

      • merton_monk@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
          Is that why somebody upped thr priority on it??? ;)
          Agreed - this is a serious bug and should not be spared by the Orkin
          man.

          -Bryan

          --- In pcgen@y..., loyalp@h... wrote:
          > This bug was previously recorded as #461585. It happens with
          either
          > the Martial or Exotic Weapon Proficiency feats with characters that
          > automatically have proficiency with either Martial or Exotic
          > weapons. It's a real pain in the behind. :)
          >

          > --- In pcgen@y..., Martin Brabander <kemlyn1@p...> wrote:
          > > I have been having a little problem with trying to give a 1st
          level
          > > rogue Martial Weapon Proficiency in Sword (long) with 2.17 (with
          the
          > > second 2.17 list files)
          > >
          > > With just the PHB loaded, I created a human rogue 1st level.
          > >
          > > 1. Switched to the feats tab - Filter 'qualified'. 2 feats to
          > > allocate.
          > > 2. Select 'Martial Weapon proficiency' Selection box comes up
          as
          > > routine with Rapier, Sap, Shortbow, Shortbow (composite) and Sword
          > > (short) already shown as selected.
          > > 3. Select Sword (long) Apparently no problem up to here.
          > > 4 Click close (Dialogue box appears "Java.lang.String")
          > > 5 Close with OK - Martial Weapon proficiency is shown as
          > selected,
          > > but I still have 2 feats left to allocate. When I go into the
          > selection
          > > box, I have lost both Sword (long) and the previous Sap, Shortbow,
          > > Shortbow (composite) and Sword (short). All that is now showing
          is
          > > Rapier.
          > >
          > > Am I missing something in the rules that says Rogues can't use a
          > long
          > > sword, or have I found a bug?
          > > I can upload a .pcg file ifg you need it.
          > >
          > > Martin
        • Toni Stauffer
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2001
            I am having a very similar error trying to equip a rogue with the
            exotic weapons proficiency. In addition to this, when I click on yes,
            to unselect it, I believe it adds it in again. It does strange things
            to the feat count.

          • merton_monk@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2001
              This problem has been resolved in 2.1.8. They are indeed the same
              problem (what you're seeing with Exotic and Martial weapon prof
              behavior).

              -Bryan