RE: [pcgen] Re: [FREQ] Either/Or Prerequisites

  • Bonisagus
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2001
      PRETEXT: sounds like exactly what I need, would be very useful.

      Can I make that a formal request then?

      Bonisagus

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2001
        Soitanly, nyuk nyuk nyuk.
        :)
        -Bryan
        p.s. that's 3 stooges (Curly) for yes.

        --- In pcgen@y..., "Bonisagus" <bonisagus@t...> wrote:
        > PRETEXT: sounds like exactly what I need, would be very useful.
        >
        > Can I make that a formal request then?
        >

        > Bonisagus

      • Bonisagus
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 4, 2001
          I'm trying to create an Ranger variant Archer class which gains Feats
          instead of Preferred Enemy. The following works fine:

          ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Archer,Weapon Focus,Skill Focus)

          but is too broad. I looked up some other classes and found the FR Guild
          Thief which has a similar option and tried:

          ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Archer,Weapon Focus(Shortbow,Shortbow
          (Composite),Longbow,Longbow (Composite),Skill Focus(Hide,Move
          Silently,Wilderness Lore,Spot)

          however the Weapon Focus and Skill Focus choices don't show up now. Having
          generated a Guild thief the option doesn't work there either. Can anyone
          point out a fix that I've missed or look into it (please, pretty please).

          Bonisagus
          ---
        • merton_monk@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 4, 2001
            I think there's already a bug about multiple feats (like Weapon Focus
            and Skill Focus) not working when you try to add a specific selection
            from their lists to a tag. What you're trying to do is quite
            reasonable and should work the way you've done it, it just doesn't
            work properly yet. I'll see if I can get this working for you for
            tonight's release, but no promises on this one! ;)

            -Bryan

            --- In pcgen@y..., "Bonisagus" <bonisagus@t...> wrote:
            > I'm trying to create an Ranger variant Archer class which gains
            Feats
            > instead of Preferred Enemy. The following works fine:
            >
            > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Archer,Weapon Focus,Skill Focus)
            >
            > but is too broad. I looked up some other classes and found the FR
            Guild
            > Thief which has a similar option and tried:
            >
            > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Archer,Weapon Focus(Shortbow,Shortbow
            > (Composite),Longbow,Longbow (Composite),Skill Focus(Hide,Move
            > Silently,Wilderness Lore,Spot)
            >
            > however the Weapon Focus and Skill Focus choices don't show up now.
            Having
            > generated a Guild thief the option doesn't work there either. Can
            anyone
            > point out a fix that I've missed or look into it (please, pretty
            please).

            > Bonisagus
            > ---
          • Bonisagus
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 4, 2001
              Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

              Muchos Gracias Meeester Monk-person!

              Bonisagus
              I think there's already a bug about multiple feats (like Weapon Focus
              and Skill Focus) not working when you try to add a specific selection
              from their lists to a tag.  What you're trying to do is quite
              reasonable and should work the way you've done it, it just doesn't
              work properly yet. I'll see if I can get this working for you for
              tonight's release, but no promises on this one! ;)

              -Bryan

              --- In pcgen@y..., "Bonisagus" <bonisagus@t...> wrote:
              > I'm trying to create an Ranger variant Archer class which gains
              Feats
              > instead of Preferred Enemy. The following works fine:
              >
              > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Archer,Weapon Focus,Skill Focus)
              >
              > but is too broad. I looked up some other classes and found the FR
              Guild
              > Thief which has a similar option and tried:
              >
              > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Archer,Weapon Focus(Shortbow,Shortbow
              > (Composite),Longbow,Longbow (Composite),Skill Focus(Hide,Move
              > Silently,Wilderness Lore,Spot)
              >
              > however the Weapon Focus and Skill Focus choices don't show up now.
              Having
              > generated a Guild thief the option doesn't work there either. Can
              anyone
              > point out a fix that I've missed or look into it (please, pretty
              please).

              > Bonisagus
              > ---

              Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

            • Arcady
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 4, 2001
                You might want to take a look at the Archer class in
                sovstone/sovstoneclass.lst for some ideas on this.

                It's a different way to build the Archer concept than you're
                seeking. So it won't help with your specific question but it
                may give you some archer ideas.

                > --- In pcgen@y..., "Bonisagus" <bonisagus@t...> wrote:
                > > I'm trying to create an Ranger variant Archer class which
                > gains
                > Feats
                > > instead of Preferred Enemy. The following works fine:
                > >
                > > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Archer,Weapon Focus,Skill Focus)
                > >
                > > but is too broad. I looked up some other classes and
                > found the FR
                > Guild
                > > Thief which has a similar option and tried:
                > >
                > > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Archer,Weapon Focus(Shortbow,Shortbow
                > > (Composite),Longbow,Longbow (Composite),Skill
                > Focus(Hide,Move
                > > Silently,Wilderness Lore,Spot)
                > >
                > > however the Weapon Focus and Skill Focus choices don't
                > show up now.
                > Having
                > > generated a Guild thief the option doesn't work there
                > either. Can
                > anyone
                > > point out a fix that I've missed or look into it (please,
                > pretty
                > please).
                > >
                > > Bonisagus
                > > ---
                > > Checked by AVG anti-virus system
                > (http://www.grisoft.com).
                > 18/09/2001

                http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
              • Bonisagus
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 5, 2001
                  Cheers, I'll do that.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 5, 2001
                    Using the latest version, if you try to add a specific Skill or Weapon Focus
                    or Improved Critical it fails. Likewise if you try to supply a list to
                    choose from.

                    So

                    ADD:FEAT(Skill Focus(Spot))

                    and

                    ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Archer,Skill Focus(Spot,Search))

                    both fail, for the 2nd the Add dialogue appears and shows all the Archer
                    defined feats plus a single entry for "Skill Focus(Spot" which, if selected,
                    adds nothing. If a pipe delimiter is used a single entry for "Skill
                    Focus(Spot|Search)" is displayed.

                    So, not quite the same as Ver 2.1.7

                    Causes a problem for the FR Guild Thief as well.

                    Bonisagus
                    ---
                  • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 5, 2001
                      --- In pcgen@y..., "Bonisagus" <bonisagus@t...> wrote:
                      > Using the latest version, if you try to add a specific Skill or
                      Weapon Focus
                      > or Improved Critical it fails. Likewise if you try to supply a list
                      > choose from.
                      >
                      > So
                      >
                      > ADD:FEAT(Skill Focus(Spot))
                      Drat - that should have worked. I tried it with ADD:FEAT(Weapon Focus
                      (Dagger)) to make sure it worked. Not sure why Skill Focus would
                      behave differently. Definite bug.

                      > and
                      >
                      > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Archer,Skill Focus(Spot,Search))

                      Try ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Archer,Skill Focus(Spot),Skill Focus(Search))
                      I know it would be nice to have all the individual entires for skill
                      focus at once, but due to delimiters, there's no easy way to do
                      that. It's far easier to do it the long-hand way.

                      -Bryan
                    • Bonisagus
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 5, 2001
                        Umm, I can't make Weapon Focus(Dagger) work either, lets me select it but doesn't show up anywhere. I've tried exporting before and after saving the character, the feat is not in the .pcg file.

                        I also tried the Skill Focus(xxx),SkillFocus(yyyy) option, which didn't work, bearing in mind that Skill Focus(xxxx) on its own fails. I would be quite happy to add them all in separately if that worked.

                        Sorry to be a pain, but could someone else check this to make sure I'm not going mad.