Re: [BUG]Preview Tab

  • rodac@etrucker.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 1, 2001
      I do the it this way too :) I like it when I am messing with a bunch
      of characters and fiddling with them to balance the group out. Export
      each once and then open them up in their own browser windows. Play
      around with them and do the export again and like you said all I got
      to do is hit refresh. Sometimes I do use the preview with a char
      already manually opened. That way I can view changes on the char
      sheets togather, to see how it looks.

    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 2, 2001
        I think I'll default it to not be visible. You'd have to
        intentionally set a preference to turn it on - so only those who
        really wanted it would see it. It kind of breaks the character-based
        paradigm, though I liked it myself. For the statblock.htm and
        csheet.htm templates, which don't use any styles, the display was
        just fine.

        -Bryan

      • merton_monk@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 2, 2001
          Heh - I'll add it as an option as I've already stated, but just to be
          clear about it... the "Preview" within PCGen *did* export the file to
          currentPC.htm so it could be displayed... so it was pretty much
          exporting, it's just that it would then be displayed within PCGen
          instead of a browser. Any kind of style sheet would give it fits -
          and most templates use style sheets of some kind - notable exceptions
          being statblock and csheet.

          -Bryan

          --- In pcgen@y..., bd_92@y... wrote:
          > Yes i know that was a nice lil feature to automatically export it
          but
          > I had grown to like changing the template on the fly and looking at
          > it in the PCGen browser window before epxorting. That's the whole
          > point of the preview tab to show what I am going to be looking at,
          if
          > I don't like the template I choose another one in the window drop
          > down. I don't like having to click around everywhere to do this.
          Just

        • bd_92@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 3, 2001
            That's fine with me. I like it as I would change templates and then
            export them in one fast feature. The preview pane gave me a quick
            sampling of what to expect, nothing fancy but just what i need. An
            option if fine just make it prevelant so I can find it.

          • Arcady
            Message 5 of 24 , Oct 3, 2001
              How about adding Preview Party to the File menu?

              You'd need to then have the ability to set your default Party
              Sheet in preferences.

              http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
            • lonejedi70@hotmail.com
              Message 6 of 24 , Oct 4, 2001
                You can set the default party sheet. When you do "Default Export
                Template..." the code figures out which type of sheet you picked and
                assigns the proper default (and, in either case, sets your default
                template path to whatever the path was to the sheet you just picked).

                -Lone Jedi
                (Jason)