AGESET: ? Some of the phbclass.lst classes are missing it...

  • Arcady
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
      Just grabbed the new CVS...

      I noticed that some of the classes are missing the AGESET tag.

      Is this because there is a default value of some kind?

      What are the valid settings for it?

      AGESET:0
      AGESET:1
      AGESET:2 (Default?)

      I ask because I'm updating the Sovereign Stone and Traps and Treachery core
      classes right now to match.

      World of Fahla: http://home.pacbell.net/arcady0/fahla/
      /.)\ Arcady <0){{{{><
      \(@/ Projects: http://www.geocities.com/arcady0/
    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
        Right - those that would use AGESET:2 don't need to be specified,
        because 2 is the default. The way it works no you can actually, in
        the race.lst file, supply any number of sides/dice tuples. For
        example, AGE:14,6,2,6,3,6,4,6,5,6,6 would have a minimum age of 14
        (the first value) with 5 sides/dice tuples, meaning that you could
        specify AGESET:0 to get the 2d6 tuple (the first pair) up through
        AGESET:4 to get the last tuple of 6d6. Since the PHB broke them into
        3 sets, it seemed reasonable that all races should define them that
        way. Now you can define as many tuples as you want, but the third
        one (AGESET:2) is the default one. As I type this, that should be
        changed so that AGESET:0 is the default and the AGE: tag would only
        require 3 entries at a minimum... AGE:min,sides,dice in the case
        that no matter what class a race took, it's starting age was always
        in the same range. This is an easy behind-the-scenes change that
        wouldn't affect anyone.
        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., Arcady <arcady0@y...> wrote:
        > Just grabbed the new CVS...
        >
        > I noticed that some of the classes are missing the AGESET tag.
        >
        > Is this because there is a default value of some kind?
        >
        > What are the valid settings for it?
        >
        > AGESET:0
        > AGESET:1
        > AGESET:2 (Default?)
        >
        > I ask because I'm updating the Sovereign Stone and Traps and
        Treachery core
        > classes right now to match.
        >
        > World of Fahla: http://home.pacbell.net/arcady0/fahla/
        > /.)\ Arcady <0){{{{><
        > \(@/ Projects: http://www.geocities.com/arcady0/
      • arcady
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
          Let us know if you change it to 0 as the default. So we can add
          AGESET's to the classes that used AGESET:2 :)

          > 3 sets, it seemed reasonable that all races should define them that
          > way. Now you can define as many tuples as you want, but the third
          > one (AGESET:2) is the default one. As I type this, that should be
          > changed so that AGESET:0 is the default and the AGE: tag would only
          > require 3 entries at a minimum... AGE:min,sides,dice in the case
          > that no matter what class a race took, it's starting age was always
          > in the same range. This is an easy behind-the-scenes change that
          > wouldn't affect anyone.
          > -Bryan
        • arcady
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
              Let us know if you change it to AGESET:0 as the default so we can add
              AGESET:2 to the classes that should have it instead.

              > 3 sets, it seemed reasonable that all races should define them that
              > way. Now you can define as many tuples as you want, but the third
              > one (AGESET:2) is the default one. As I type this, that should be
              > changed so that AGESET:0 is the default and the AGE: tag would only
              > require 3 entries at a minimum... AGE:min,sides,dice in the case
              > that no matter what class a race took, it's starting age was always
              > in the same range. This is an easy behind-the-scenes change that
              > wouldn't affect anyone.
              > -Bryan
            • arcady
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
                Ok... so my email app looks to be a little buggy this morning. :)