Re: [BUG]Preview Tab

  • rodac@etrucker.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 1, 2001
      I do the it this way too :) I like it when I am messing with a bunch
      of characters and fiddling with them to balance the group out. Export
      each once and then open them up in their own browser windows. Play
      around with them and do the export again and like you said all I got
      to do is hit refresh. Sometimes I do use the preview with a char
      already manually opened. That way I can view changes on the char
      sheets togather, to see how it looks.

    • rodac@etrucker.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 1, 2001
        Dont make it a part of debug mode, a preferance check or something
        would be fine. I think its a waste of space, and because I use debug
        all the time, I really dont want to see it there. And now I
        understand why the unload button dont act the way I thought it was. I
        must have missed the post explaining its dual nature, but then thats
        easy here when we get those funky days when everybody and their
        grandma posts :) Its been so quite around here this weekend I
        thought my email was broke again :) hehe

        --- In pcgen@y..., bd_92@y... wrote:
        > Ahh good! Thank you oh so much! Us folks down here in the south got
        > more to worry bout with hurrican season, All the football games,
        and
        > all the snowbirds...the world and PCGen will be a happy place once
        > again!
        >

        > 2 weeks to go!
        >
        > --- In pcgen@y..., merton_monk@y... wrote:
        > > Heh - okay. I'm not sure if this will make 2.1.8, but certainly
        by
        > > 2.1.9. I want you Floridians to be happy! :)
        > >
        > > -Bryan
        > >
        > > --- In pcgen@y..., bd_92@y... wrote:
        > > > Give it to me as an option! Please Merton! I use this feature
        > > see
        > > > how my character sheet will turn out and what it will look like
        > > with
        > > > all the different templates. Different templates look and do
        > > > different things as you know, but with the preview tab allows
        me
        > > > pick and choose the right one for the job. I thought I went mad
        > and
        > > > wasn't seeing something, but it was ripped out.
        > > >

        > > > Powers that be allow us to have this back or put it as an
        option,
        > > the
        > > > file->preview is a let down to the almighty preview tab!!
        Myself,

      • merton_monk@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 2, 2001
          I think I'll default it to not be visible. You'd have to
          intentionally set a preference to turn it on - so only those who
          really wanted it would see it. It kind of breaks the character-based
          paradigm, though I liked it myself. For the statblock.htm and
          csheet.htm templates, which don't use any styles, the display was
          just fine.

          -Bryan

          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 2, 2001
            Heh - I'll add it as an option as I've already stated, but just to be
            clear about it... the "Preview" within PCGen *did* export the file to
            currentPC.htm so it could be displayed... so it was pretty much
            exporting, it's just that it would then be displayed within PCGen
            instead of a browser. Any kind of style sheet would give it fits -
            and most templates use style sheets of some kind - notable exceptions
            being statblock and csheet.

            -Bryan

            --- In pcgen@y..., bd_92@y... wrote:
            > Yes i know that was a nice lil feature to automatically export it
            but
            > I had grown to like changing the template on the fly and looking at
            > it in the PCGen browser window before epxorting. That's the whole
            > point of the preview tab to show what I am going to be looking at,
            if
            > I don't like the template I choose another one in the window drop
            > down. I don't like having to click around everywhere to do this.
            Just

          • bd_92@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 24 , Oct 3, 2001
              That's fine with me. I like it as I would change templates and then
              export them in one fast feature. The preview pane gave me a quick
              sampling of what to expect, nothing fancy but just what i need. An
              option if fine just make it prevelant so I can find it.

            • Arcady
              Message 6 of 24 , Oct 3, 2001
                How about adding Preview Party to the File menu?

                You'd need to then have the ability to set your default Party
                Sheet in preferences.

                http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
              • lonejedi70@hotmail.com
                Message 7 of 24 , Oct 4, 2001
                  You can set the default party sheet. When you do "Default Export
                  Template..." the code figures out which type of sheet you picked and
                  assigns the proper default (and, in either case, sets your default
                  template path to whatever the path was to the sheet you just picked).

                  -Lone Jedi
                  (Jason)