Re: [pcgen] races

  • Peter Kahle
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2001
      As you're the first person I've seen ask about them, I'd assume the
      races weren't done either because, at the time, we didn't have a way to
      handle ECL's, or no one thought of it. MotP is an open feature request,
      so the version in any releases is probably a work in progress. it looks
      like spells are the only part that's been done.

      Ork's (and the Sailor class) are from the Soverign Stone campaign world.
      If you don't want to see them, don't load that source.

      As for MM, lots of the things in it required quite a number of changes
      that have only recently made it into the code (some may not have made it
      in at all.) and is a massive data entry task.

      Basically, the long and the short of it is, people are working on PCGen
      in their spare time. The developers tend to do development of features
      people ask for to get things up and running, and the people who are
      entering data for the LST files only do the books they have on hand, and
      some may only do those parts they understand and/or need. I wouldn't be
      surprised, for example, if no one ever thought to put in the Gith* races
      simply because they don't use them. Anyway, I've added a feature request
      for them, and assigned it to myself. With any luck, I'll have that done
      in the next day or so.

      On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 03:16:01AM -0000, sario_g@... wrote:
      > umm, anyone know what happened to the races from PsiHB and MotP? The
      > first character I tried to make completely on the software, a
      > Githzerai Half-Dragon, and I can't even get the race. This is not
      > good. There are races I've never heard of (What the heck is an Ork
      > and how does one multiclass to Sailor? I thought Favored Multiclass
      > implied actual classes), but not some of the basic monster races?Its
      > not like PsiHB is new or anything, and its actually a WotC product,
      > so I thought you'd have that version at the LEAST, but apparently...
      >
      > And my other gripe is where are the Dragon Feats? I see a whole pile
      > of Half-dragon templates that I can choose, but not the feats that go
      > with them. Monster Manual is DEFINITLY not a new book, it seems to me
      > there's been plenty of time...

      Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary
      safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.
      -- Ben Franklin
      || Peter M Kahle Jr || PGP Public Key on Keyservers ||
      || pkahle@... || http://pops.dyndns.com/~pkahle/ ||
      ##===============================##======================================##
    • Peter Kahle
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2001
      • pjak@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2001
          --- In pcgen@y..., Peter Kahle <pkahle@p...> wrote:
          > I wouldn't be
          > surprised, for example, if no one ever thought to put in the Gith*
          races
          > simply because they don't use them.

          Fwiw, this is the Githzerai I entered for one of my players, replace
          [TAB] with actual tabs:

          Githzerai[TAB]0[TAB]6[TAB]0[TAB]-2[TAB]2[TAB]0[TAB]Monk[TAB]0[TAB]1
          [TAB]SIZE:M[TAB]MOVE:30[TAB]HEIGHT:M:58:2:10:0:F:53:2:10:0[TAB]
          WEIGHT:M:120:2:4:F:85:2:4[TAB]AGE:15:1:4:1:6:2:6[TAB]
          LANGAUTO:Githzerai, Common[TAB]LANGBONUS:ALL[TAB]SA: Combat[TAB]
          Prescience, Far Punch, and Feather Fall 3/day each[TAB]SA: Ego
          Whip/Mental Barrier 3/day each[TAB]SA: Power resistance 5 + level[TAB]
          SA: Plane Shift 1/Day if over 8th level[TAB]AC:10[TAB]
          LEVELADJUSTMENT:2
        • sario_g@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2001
            Thanx for the info, I do like the program, although the character
            sheet writer could use work (I've been rewriting the code before I
            print). Just FYI, that attachment, well, doesn't exist. I don't know
            if you can fix it or what, but I'd like to see what it is...

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2001