Re: [pcgen] Re: Bug with Off Hand Weapons..

  • Tim Evans
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hello merton,

      myc> The actual problem is that if they're not equipped, PCGen doesn't
      myc> know you mean to use the two unequipped ones *at the same time*. We
      myc> actually have a plan for adding an "Equip" tab that would let you
      myc> create various weapon combinations which would do what you're looking
      myc> for, but we're not there yet.

      myc> -Bryan

      I suspect as much, but it was worth asking..:)

      --
      Best regards,
      Tim mailto:tim.evans@...
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
        Hello merton,

        myc> The actual problem is that if they're not equipped, PCGen doesn't
        myc> know you mean to use the two unequipped ones *at the same time*. We
        myc> actually have a plan for adding an "Equip" tab that would let you
        myc> create various weapon combinations which would do what you're looking
        myc> for, but we're not there yet.

        As a temp work around, how about making so that on the Character
        template there are some extra fields, so as well as

        WEAPON%.TOTALHIT
        WEAPON%.DAMAGE

        there are also

        WEAPON%.TOTALHITPRIMARYONLY
        WEAPON%.DAMAGEPRIMARYONLY

        WEAPON%.TOTALHITOFFHANDONLY
        WEAPON%.DAMAGEOFFHANDONLY

        WEAPON%.TOTALHITPRIMARY
        WEAPON%.DAMAGEPRIMARY

        WEAPON%.TOTALHITOFFHAND
        WEAPON%.DAMAGEOFFHAND

        WEAPON%.TOTALHITBOTH
        WEAPON%.DAMAGEOFFBOTH

        or something similar, so we can at least have the correct figures
        available on the character sheet.

        myc> -Bryan

        --
        Best regards,
        Tim mailto:tim.evans@...
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
          I know what you're going for, but I think the best solution is the
          weapons combination FREQ. This way you can indicate what weapons you
          will use either alone or in tandem with another weapon. One of the
          weapon combinations can be equipped since they may affect other
          attributes of your character (like a +1 defender of giant strength or
          whatever). This way the current set of WEAPONx tags will do the job
          just fine.

          -Bryan

        • Emily Smirle
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
            Tim Evans wrote:
            > As a temp work around, how about making so that on the Character
            > template there are some extra fields, so as well as

            <snip> While we're on the topic of extra fields for WEAPON, is there a
            chance that we could have all the equipment fields enabled on WEAPON% ie
            WEAPON%.COST, WEAPON%.WEIGHT and so on? this would be darned useful for
            some of the character sheets I use.
            --
            A broken reflection on the surface of never . Emily Smirle
            from here to forever and back . <smirle4498@...>
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2001
              You can already get that with the EQ tags. We can certainly make
              these available to the WEAPON tags, it just didn't seem necessary at
              the time.

              -bryan
              --- In pcgen@y..., Emily Smirle <smirle4498@h...> wrote:
              > Tim Evans wrote:
              > > As a temp work around, how about making so that on the Character
              > > template there are some extra fields, so as well as
              >
              > <snip> While we're on the topic of extra fields for WEAPON, is
              there a
              > chance that we could have all the equipment fields enabled on
              WEAPON% ie
              > WEAPON%.COST, WEAPON%.WEIGHT and so on? this would be darned useful
              for
              > some of the character sheets I use.
              > --
              > A broken reflection on the surface of never . Emily Smirle
              > from here to forever and back . <smirle4498@h...>
              > total viscosity into fluidity . Proud owner of MSEELP
              > only the pulse of infinity . #008 and #009
              > - MDFMK "Hydroelectric"
            • Tim Evans
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 3, 2001
                Hello merton,

                Tuesday, October 02, 2001, 2:20:11 AM, you wrote:

                myc> I know what you're going for, but I think the best solution is the
                myc> weapons combination FREQ. This way you can indicate what weapons you
                myc> will use either alone or in tandem with another weapon. One of the
                myc> weapon combinations can be equipped since they may affect other
                myc> attributes of your character (like a +1 defender of giant strength or
                myc> whatever). This way the current set of WEAPONx tags will do the job
                myc> just fine.

                I agree the weapon combination FREQ is the way to do it, but if
                that is likely to be a long way off :), then the extra fields would
                at least enable the player to at least have access to the correct
                figures while playing.

                The extra abilities of weapons (like a +1 defender of giant strength or
                whatever) are a total different can of worms, which I suspect may
                involve printing multiple page character sheets, for each weapon
                combination..:)

                myc> -Bryan

                --
                Best regards,
                Tim mailto:tim.evans@...
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 3, 2001
                  --- In pcgen@y..., Tim Evans <groups@t...> wrote:
                  > Hello merton,
                  >
                  > Tuesday, October 02, 2001, 2:20:11 AM, you wrote:
                  >
                  > myc> I know what you're going for, but I think the best solution is
                  the
                  > myc> weapons combination FREQ. This way you can indicate what
                  weapons you
                  > myc> will use either alone or in tandem with another weapon. One of
                  the
                  > myc> weapon combinations can be equipped since they may affect
                  other
                  > myc> attributes of your character (like a +1 defender of giant
                  strength or
                  > myc> whatever). This way the current set of WEAPONx tags will do
                  the job
                  > myc> just fine.
                  >
                  > I agree the weapon combination FREQ is the way to do it, but if
                  > that is likely to be a long way off :), then the extra fields would
                  > at least enable the player to at least have access to the correct
                  > figures while playing.

                  Hm. You have a point. I'll have to ponder it for a bit.

                  -Bryan

                  > The extra abilities of weapons (like a +1 defender of giant
                  strength or
                  > whatever) are a total different can of worms, which I suspect may
                  > involve printing multiple page character sheets, for each weapon
                  > combination..:)

                  Yeah - I don't think there's a way around that.

                  -Bryan