Re: [pcgen] Re: [FREQ] Varaible cost? Variable equipment.

  • Arcady
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2001
      That's soemwhat what this is.

      Perhaps some examples of when it would be desired?

      Gems, Jewelry, and art.

      I plan to get my players used to getting paid in gems and
      jewels (portable), which would have 'cost ranges' in the case
      of gems but possibly need custome entries in the case of
      jewels.

      It could just be put under miscillaneous notes but then
      weights would not get factored.

      Other unusual forms of treasure could pop up at any later
      point.

      One can just add things to a lst file. But it can get
      overbearing after a point.

      However this is the sort of thing I'd put on the 'real low'
      list of priorities.

      It's definately not a FREQ designed to support any given
      published book. Which in my opinion are the FREQs we need to
      focus on. It was just something I thought of that I figured I
      should get written down before I forget about it. :)

      http://phone.yahoo.com
    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2001
        Maybe this is something that should be included when PCGen handles
        item-creation. We've generally thought in terms of adding
        enchantments etc. to items, but allowing a user to modify all the
        other aspects of an item certainly should be included.