Bug with Off Hand Weapons..

  • Tim Evans
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hello PCGen,

      I suspect this has been brought up before, but just in case..:)

      I have a new Ranger who has 2 primary weapons and 2 secondary
      weapons, which ever pair I Equip get one set of attack Bonus, and
      the others get different, but it does not matter how I swap them
      round the unequipped ones are always wrong. eg.

      Unequipped Weapons..
      Sword (Long) +1 1d8+2 Primary
      Dagger +3 1d4+2 Off-hand

      Equipped Weapons
      Mace (Heavy) +1 1d8+2 Primary
      Mace (Light) +1 1d6+1 Off-hand

      Now the equipped onces look correct...

      I have attached the PCG file for the character.

      --
      Best regards,
      Tim mailto:tim.evans@...
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
        The actual problem is that if they're not equipped, PCGen doesn't
        know you mean to use the two unequipped ones *at the same time*. We
        actually have a plan for adding an "Equip" tab that would let you
        create various weapon combinations which would do what you're looking
        for, but we're not there yet.

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., Tim Evans <groups@t...> wrote:
        > Hello PCGen,
        >
        > I suspect this has been brought up before, but just in case..:)
        >
        > I have a new Ranger who has 2 primary weapons and 2 secondary
        > weapons, which ever pair I Equip get one set of attack Bonus, and
        > the others get different, but it does not matter how I swap them
        > round the unequipped ones are always wrong. eg.
        >
        > Unequipped Weapons..
        > Sword (Long) +1 1d8+2 Primary
        > Dagger +3 1d4+2 Off-hand
        >
        > Equipped Weapons
        > Mace (Heavy) +1 1d8+2 Primary
        > Mace (Light) +1 1d6+1 Off-hand
        >
        > Now the equipped onces look correct...
        >
        > I have attached the PCG file for the character.
        >

        > --
        > Best regards,
        > Tim mailto:tim.evans@t...
      • Tim Evans
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
          Hello merton,

          myc> The actual problem is that if they're not equipped, PCGen doesn't
          myc> know you mean to use the two unequipped ones *at the same time*. We
          myc> actually have a plan for adding an "Equip" tab that would let you
          myc> create various weapon combinations which would do what you're looking
          myc> for, but we're not there yet.

          myc> -Bryan

          I suspect as much, but it was worth asking..:)

          --
          Best regards,
          Tim mailto:tim.evans@...
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
            Hello merton,

            myc> The actual problem is that if they're not equipped, PCGen doesn't
            myc> know you mean to use the two unequipped ones *at the same time*. We
            myc> actually have a plan for adding an "Equip" tab that would let you
            myc> create various weapon combinations which would do what you're looking
            myc> for, but we're not there yet.

            As a temp work around, how about making so that on the Character
            template there are some extra fields, so as well as

            WEAPON%.TOTALHIT
            WEAPON%.DAMAGE

            there are also

            WEAPON%.TOTALHITPRIMARYONLY
            WEAPON%.DAMAGEPRIMARYONLY

            WEAPON%.TOTALHITOFFHANDONLY
            WEAPON%.DAMAGEOFFHANDONLY

            WEAPON%.TOTALHITPRIMARY
            WEAPON%.DAMAGEPRIMARY

            WEAPON%.TOTALHITOFFHAND
            WEAPON%.DAMAGEOFFHAND

            WEAPON%.TOTALHITBOTH
            WEAPON%.DAMAGEOFFBOTH

            or something similar, so we can at least have the correct figures
            available on the character sheet.

            myc> -Bryan

            --
            Best regards,
            Tim mailto:tim.evans@...
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
              I know what you're going for, but I think the best solution is the
              weapons combination FREQ. This way you can indicate what weapons you
              will use either alone or in tandem with another weapon. One of the
              weapon combinations can be equipped since they may affect other
              attributes of your character (like a +1 defender of giant strength or
              whatever). This way the current set of WEAPONx tags will do the job
              just fine.

            • Emily Smirle
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
                Tim Evans wrote:
                > As a temp work around, how about making so that on the Character
                > template there are some extra fields, so as well as

                <snip> While we're on the topic of extra fields for WEAPON, is there a
                chance that we could have all the equipment fields enabled on WEAPON% ie
                WEAPON%.COST, WEAPON%.WEIGHT and so on? this would be darned useful for
                some of the character sheets I use.
                --
                A broken reflection on the surface of never . Emily Smirle
                from here to forever and back . <smirle4498@...>
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 2, 2001
                  You can already get that with the EQ tags. We can certainly make
                  these available to the WEAPON tags, it just didn't seem necessary at
                  the time.

                  -bryan
                  --- In pcgen@y..., Emily Smirle <smirle4498@h...> wrote:
                  > Tim Evans wrote:
                  > > As a temp work around, how about making so that on the Character
                  > > template there are some extra fields, so as well as
                  >
                  > <snip> While we're on the topic of extra fields for WEAPON, is
                  there a
                  > chance that we could have all the equipment fields enabled on
                  WEAPON% ie
                  > WEAPON%.COST, WEAPON%.WEIGHT and so on? this would be darned useful
                  for
                  > some of the character sheets I use.
                  > --
                  > A broken reflection on the surface of never . Emily Smirle
                  > from here to forever and back . <smirle4498@h...>
                  > total viscosity into fluidity . Proud owner of MSEELP
                  > only the pulse of infinity . #008 and #009
                  > - MDFMK "Hydroelectric"
                • Tim Evans
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 3, 2001
                    Hello merton,

                    Tuesday, October 02, 2001, 2:20:11 AM, you wrote:

                    myc> I know what you're going for, but I think the best solution is the
                    myc> weapons combination FREQ. This way you can indicate what weapons you
                    myc> will use either alone or in tandem with another weapon. One of the
                    myc> weapon combinations can be equipped since they may affect other
                    myc> attributes of your character (like a +1 defender of giant strength or
                    myc> whatever). This way the current set of WEAPONx tags will do the job
                    myc> just fine.

                    I agree the weapon combination FREQ is the way to do it, but if
                    that is likely to be a long way off :), then the extra fields would
                    at least enable the player to at least have access to the correct
                    figures while playing.

                    The extra abilities of weapons (like a +1 defender of giant strength or
                    whatever) are a total different can of worms, which I suspect may
                    involve printing multiple page character sheets, for each weapon
                    combination..:)

                    myc> -Bryan

                    --
                    Best regards,
                    Tim mailto:tim.evans@...
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 3, 2001
                      --- In pcgen@y..., Tim Evans <groups@t...> wrote:
                      > Hello merton,
                      >
                      > Tuesday, October 02, 2001, 2:20:11 AM, you wrote:
                      >
                      > myc> I know what you're going for, but I think the best solution is
                      the
                      > myc> weapons combination FREQ. This way you can indicate what
                      weapons you
                      > myc> will use either alone or in tandem with another weapon. One of
                      the
                      > myc> weapon combinations can be equipped since they may affect
                      other
                      > myc> attributes of your character (like a +1 defender of giant
                      strength or
                      > myc> whatever). This way the current set of WEAPONx tags will do
                      the job
                      > myc> just fine.
                      >
                      > I agree the weapon combination FREQ is the way to do it, but if
                      > that is likely to be a long way off :), then the extra fields would
                      > at least enable the player to at least have access to the correct
                      > figures while playing.

                      Hm. You have a point. I'll have to ponder it for a bit.

                      -Bryan

                      > The extra abilities of weapons (like a +1 defender of giant
                      strength or
                      > whatever) are a total different can of worms, which I suspect may
                      > involve printing multiple page character sheets, for each weapon
                      > combination..:)

                      Yeah - I don't think there's a way around that.

                      -Bryan