Re: Familiars?

  • rodac@etrucker.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2001
      Somebody was doing a rework of the familiars, giving them their own
      tab page and all I think but they went quite on it, or maybe it
      involved marks templates for monster races, making it a
      separate 'character' completly. Dont know if something else they were
      doing in the code became their priority and its on the back burner or
      if they just lost interest in doing it.
      You can always just put the extra info you want on the Companions or
      MISC tab pages. I think you need to put a <BR> at the end of each
      line so it formats correctly on output to the various csheets. Might
      be something else to get the line break, dont know for sure.

    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2001
        You could always add the stats as an SPROP: tag on the familar
        equipment. We do plan on handling familiars a bit more elegantly in
        the Companions tab, but just hasn't happened yet. Since it is kind
        of handled via equipment it's not a high priority.

        -Bryan

      • yahoo@vorien.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 17, 2001
          I saw a feature request for adding familiars. Will that include the
          feats and other bonuses for having one?
          For now, is there a way I can get around it and add the feats
          directly, as well as (for the rat) upping my Fortitude Save? In
          fact, is there a way to improve saves as a Feat?

          Michael
        • zebuleon@peoplepc.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 17, 2001
            Great fortitude, lightning reflexs, and Iron will all increase your
            saves. You can just type in a 1 in the #of feats box and select that
            feat.

            mario

            --- In pcgen@y..., yahoo@v... wrote:
            > I saw a feature request for adding familiars. Will that include
            the
            > feats and other bonuses for having one?
            > For now, is there a way I can get around it and add the feats
            > directly, as well as (for the rat) upping my Fortitude Save? In
            > fact, is there a way to improve saves as a Feat?
            >
            > Michael
          • Drew Bernat
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 27, 2002
              I'm trying to get a familiar to work for the sorceress I've got. I've got
              the latest Plambert build.

              Problem is, I can't get it to work. I can go to the resource tab, but the
              only selection in the box at the top is "Follower". There's a list of
              creatures on the left hand side, including an owl, but no familiar
              version.

              Any ideas what I'm screwing up?

              Drew

              --