Re: Familiars?

  • Rayston n. Orphan
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2001
      hehe, I guess it would help if I loaded Tome & Blood ( the book that
      Improved Familiars Came from ) so that it would show in the equipment
      list.

      ;-)

      What about stats showing up on the sheet though?

      this not going to happen anytime soon?

      Rayston

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • rodac@etrucker.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 30, 2001
        Somebody was doing a rework of the familiars, giving them their own
        tab page and all I think but they went quite on it, or maybe it
        involved marks templates for monster races, making it a
        separate 'character' completly. Dont know if something else they were
        doing in the code became their priority and its on the back burner or
        if they just lost interest in doing it.
        You can always just put the extra info you want on the Companions or
        MISC tab pages. I think you need to put a <BR> at the end of each
        line so it formats correctly on output to the various csheets. Might
        be something else to get the line break, dont know for sure.

      • merton_monk@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2001
          You could always add the stats as an SPROP: tag on the familar
          equipment. We do plan on handling familiars a bit more elegantly in
          the Companions tab, but just hasn't happened yet. Since it is kind
          of handled via equipment it's not a high priority.

          -Bryan

        • yahoo@vorien.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 17, 2001
            I saw a feature request for adding familiars. Will that include the
            feats and other bonuses for having one?
            For now, is there a way I can get around it and add the feats
            directly, as well as (for the rat) upping my Fortitude Save? In
            fact, is there a way to improve saves as a Feat?

            Michael
          • zebuleon@peoplepc.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 17, 2001
              Great fortitude, lightning reflexs, and Iron will all increase your
              saves. You can just type in a 1 in the #of feats box and select that
              feat.

              mario

              --- In pcgen@y..., yahoo@v... wrote:
              > I saw a feature request for adding familiars. Will that include
              the
              > feats and other bonuses for having one?
              > For now, is there a way I can get around it and add the feats
              > directly, as well as (for the rat) upping my Fortitude Save? In
              > fact, is there a way to improve saves as a Feat?
              >
              > Michael
            • Drew Bernat
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 27, 2002
                I'm trying to get a familiar to work for the sorceress I've got. I've got
                the latest Plambert build.

                Problem is, I can't get it to work. I can go to the resource tab, but the
                only selection in the box at the top is "Follower". There's a list of
                creatures on the left hand side, including an owl, but no familiar
                version.

                Any ideas what I'm screwing up?

                Drew

                --