Familiars?

  • Rayston n. Orphan
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2001
      How do familiars work in PCGEN?

      I seem to remember some discussion awhile back about them being
      equipment. And indeed I did find them in the Equipment list but I
      Guess I was expecting to have their Stats and such appear on the
      sheet? Was I expecting too much?

      Also, What about Improved Familiars from Tome & Blood?

      ;-)

      Thanks.

      Rayston
    • Scott Bartel
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 30, 2001
        Improved Familiars are there as well, in the Equipment list.

        At 01:14 AM 1/10/01 +0000, you wrote:
        >How do familiars work in PCGEN?
        >
        >I seem to remember some discussion awhile back about them being
        >equipment. And indeed I did find them in the Equipment list but I
        >Guess I was expecting to have their Stats and such appear on the
        >sheet? Was I expecting too much?
        >
        >Also, What about Improved Familiars from Tome & Blood?
        >
        >;-)
        >
        >Thanks.
        >
        >Rayston

      • Rayston n. Orphan
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 30, 2001
          hehe, I guess it would help if I loaded Tome & Blood ( the book that
          Improved Familiars Came from ) so that it would show in the equipment
          list.

          ;-)

          What about stats showing up on the sheet though?

          this not going to happen anytime soon?

          Rayston

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • rodac@etrucker.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 30, 2001
            Somebody was doing a rework of the familiars, giving them their own
            tab page and all I think but they went quite on it, or maybe it
            involved marks templates for monster races, making it a
            separate 'character' completly. Dont know if something else they were
            doing in the code became their priority and its on the back burner or
            if they just lost interest in doing it.
            You can always just put the extra info you want on the Companions or
            MISC tab pages. I think you need to put a <BR> at the end of each
            line so it formats correctly on output to the various csheets. Might
            be something else to get the line break, dont know for sure.

          • merton_monk@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 1, 2001
              You could always add the stats as an SPROP: tag on the familar
              equipment. We do plan on handling familiars a bit more elegantly in
              the Companions tab, but just hasn't happened yet. Since it is kind
              of handled via equipment it's not a high priority.

              -Bryan

            • yahoo@vorien.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 17, 2001
                I saw a feature request for adding familiars. Will that include the
                feats and other bonuses for having one?
                For now, is there a way I can get around it and add the feats
                directly, as well as (for the rat) upping my Fortitude Save? In
                fact, is there a way to improve saves as a Feat?

                Michael
              • zebuleon@peoplepc.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 17, 2001
                  Great fortitude, lightning reflexs, and Iron will all increase your
                  saves. You can just type in a 1 in the #of feats box and select that
                  feat.

                  mario

                  --- In pcgen@y..., yahoo@v... wrote:
                  > I saw a feature request for adding familiars. Will that include
                  the
                  > feats and other bonuses for having one?
                  > For now, is there a way I can get around it and add the feats
                  > directly, as well as (for the rat) upping my Fortitude Save? In
                  > fact, is there a way to improve saves as a Feat?
                  >
                  > Michael
                • Drew Bernat
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 27, 2002
                    I'm trying to get a familiar to work for the sorceress I've got. I've got
                    the latest Plambert build.

                    Problem is, I can't get it to work. I can go to the resource tab, but the
                    only selection in the box at the top is "Follower". There's a list of
                    creatures on the left hand side, including an owl, but no familiar
                    version.

                    Any ideas what I'm screwing up?

                    Drew

                    --