Character Printing

  • Greg Currie
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
      Hi guys,

          Thanks for all the wonderful work that you've put into PC Gen.  It's made 3E a real pleasure to play.

          Would it be possible to have a 'Print' option?  One of the problems that I've heard a number of new users to PC Gen have is understanding how to print (or complaining about the extra steps once they figure out how to do it).  A print option that would export the .html file and then send it to the printer would be that one little extra user-friendly step that makes PC Gen all the more a pleasure to use.

      Thanks,
      Greg.
    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
        Hmmm... now the "Preview..." menu item is basically a one-click
        method to take your character into your browser, and from there it
        should be one click/command to print. That doesn't sound too hard...
        though I think most browsers understand the print command just like
        the open command, so we could probably accomplish this. Maybe we
        should have Preview/Print and Preview/View as menu items?

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "Greg Currie" <pwake@g...> wrote:
        > Hi guys,
        >
        > Thanks for all the wonderful work that you've put into PC Gen.
        It's made 3E a real pleasure to play.

        > Would it be possible to have a 'Print' option? One of the
        problems that I've heard a number of new users to PC Gen have is
        understanding how to print (or complaining about the extra steps once
        they figure out how to do it). A print option that would export the
        .html file and then send it to the printer would be that one little
        extra user-friendly step that makes PC Gen all the more a pleasure to
        use.

        > Thanks,
        > Greg.
      • Greg Currie
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
          That would be great.  I've never had a problem figuring this out myself, but apparently a number of new users have either been confused or have grumbled that the print feature isn't a one-stop-shop experience.  *chuckle*  Keep up the great work.

          -Greg