Welcome message

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2001
      I just created a welcome file that will be sent to everyone on
      subscription - we do seem to be getting more people joining us
      here lately so it seemed like a good time to set some ground
      rules. I don't want things to be too formal, since this is just
      a program to help play a *game*! ;) Thanks for everyone's help in
      testing PCGen and coming up with great ideas!
      Here's a copy of the file that will be sent out to everyone as
      they join.
      Welcome to PCGen! PCGen is meant to be easy to modify to suit your own campaign, and users are encouraged to share their creations.
      If you login to www.egroups.com you can check out the PCGen page
      from which you can view and post Messages. If you have any
      questions about PCGen, that's the place to send your question. In
      the Files page I had a folder called Known Bugs and Future
      Features. In there you'll see MyToDoList where I'll basically list
      what I've worked on, and what I'm working on. If you find a bug,
      check that list to see if it's already there. Same thing if you
      have an idea about something you'd like PCGen to do. If it's not
      on the list, then post your idea. If it seems like a good idea
      I'll add it to my list. If you want to make your own changes to
      PCGen but aren't sure how to do that, you can upload a text file
      (keep it short and sweet) to the Proposed LST File items folder in
      the Files page. Post a message about placing your file there, and
      hopefully a kind soul will take a look at it and convert your
      proposal into the appropriate lst files. Once this is done, or if
      you make your own lst file modifications you can upload your
      file(s) to the Converted LST File items page and post a message so
      others know about it. If you're having troubles with a LST file
      you can post it in the Problematic LST File items folder and I (or
      someone else) will take a look at it and see if it can be sorted
      out.