Readme progress

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 16, 2001
      Honest - I've spent about an hour editing (and in many cases re-
      writing) the readme. I'm a fairly fast writer, but I still only got
      as far as going over the prestige class tags! At least this way new
      users (and maybe old ones too!) will have a more accurate
      understanding of just what tags are available. I'm surprised by the
      number of people who have emailed me requesting an update to the
      readme... do people actually read those things???? ;)

      -Bryan
    • Maynard Lantimo
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 17, 2001
        Dear Programmers,

        I DM my friends Forgotten Realms settings and a large faction of Evil Drow oppose my PC's at every turn. Among them are deadly female clerics. Only one thing, there is no Drow or Lolth Domain from the program that my dark little vixens can pick from. Will this be updated in your future programming? Or is there a file that I did not upload yet?

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 17, 2001
          Lolth should indeed be a selection within the Forgotten Realms campaign.  However, pantheons are listed in the following order:

          Faerunian
          Mulhorandi
          Drow
          Dwarf
          Elf
          Gnome
          Halfling
          Orc

          Lolth is in the Drow pantheon.  The problem with some of the new domains is that many of the spells from these domains have not yet been published.  So, while a given deity and domain may be selectable, some of the spells would be missing (these spells have been excluded from the in-program domain lists to prevent any crashes).

          Dave

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 17, 2001
            Thank you very much Dave, I'll just draw upon the Drow pantheon and use some chaos,destruction,evil,trickery, in the meantime. I guess the PCGEN will change a whole lot after the publications are out. Especially the FR setting. :)

          • john.sussenberger@libertymutual.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 20, 2001
              I print a new one every update and put it in the bathroom ;)

              Just kidding. But I do read up on it and print one out every couple of
              updates.

              John Sussenberger
              lmn

              Desktop Services Operations

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 1, 2002
                I know this site is mainly for posting bugs and feature requests, but
                I would like simply say to the creators of PCGen... Thank you. You
                have far exceeded my expectations for what MT originally promised,
                and your still improving. I just downloaded v2.4.7., the interface is
                much smoother, and easier to keep track of. So, once again. Thank you.
                Jonathan P.
              • stefanovallini2000
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 4, 2005
                  Hello everybody,
                  This morning I opened this group and I was really impressed by the
                  number of comments my post had received.

                  So I wish to thank you all for your interest, which I think I've never
                  seen before on usenet or in other rpg forums.

                  I think I will post in and follow this group steadily.

                  Again, thanks.

                  About the question I asked (the new feat), I did not mean to break
                  closed content restrictions and copyright laws. Learning how to use
                  PcGen better is what I want.

                  PcGen is a powerful and "open" tool, and of course you can end up
                  creating feats that could resemble the ones on official manuals. But
                  that is always possible with customizable tools.
                  For instance, you could create a Macro in Ms Word that works exactly
                  like official "Mail Merge" does. But if you use it at home, or you
                  don't want to sell it as a stand alone product, named "Mail Merge",
                  you aren't breaking any laws.

                  That's what I wish to do with PCGen..and more: why don't creating a
                  feat that is a clone of "Power Attack" but instead adds +5 to the dmg
                  for each minus in bab (gorgeous example)?
                  The feat would be named "Devastating Attack"..an so on..

                  Ok, I think the point is clear. And I should have asked in my post
                  "I'd like to know how to create a feat that.." and not "I want to add
                  a feat to the ones listed in pcgen". My interest is in editing .lst
                  files.

                  Well, I'll stay tuned to know if the bug that hampers my "Vigorous
                  Build" ;)feat will be solved.

                  Stefano
                • Tir Gwaith
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 4, 2005
                    > Ok, I think the point is clear. And I should have asked in my post
                    > "I'd like to know how to create a feat that.." and not "I want to add
                    > a feat to the ones listed in pcgen". My interest is in editing .lst
                    > files.

                    AH, ok. I didn't get that in my read of your post. In THAT case, please
                    ask all LST editing type questions to the PCGenListFileHelp group, which can
                    be found at

                    Thanks,

                    Tir Gwaith
                    LST Chimp

                    > Well, I'll stay tuned to know if the bug that hampers my "Vigorous
                    > Build" ;)feat will be solved.

                    Well, you can call it Powerful Build, since it is OGC. I just didn't know
                    the OGC variation from the Psionics portion of the RSRD. I happen to be
                    playing a Dream Dwarf now, so my only reference to it was the closed content
                    Races of Stone.... Oh, and we'll have it has a hidden feat soon, before
                    5.8 if I read Eddy's email correctly.