Custom Character PDF 6.02.00 problems

  • brauliob555
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2014
      Hello, in previous versions of PCGEN I was able to create custom PDF output sheets for each character I had; it was as easy as copying the pdf folder from the outputsheets/d20/fantasy folder into a character_name folder in the my_outputsheets and then editing the files how I wanted them.  Then when I exported to PDF, there would be a selection with my character_name path.  Does PCGEN 6.02.00 still work this way, or am I missing something?

      --B---------

    • brauliob555
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2014
        Great!  And thank you for your hard work!

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 9, 2014

          In previous versions, pcgen allowed you to select items from ALL the available character sheets. This was problematic in causing too many options without much guidance and could result in bad results. In an effort to limit the choices to those that should be allowed, we enacted a predefined file_path in the gamemodes.

          Our eventual goal is consolidate things for the OS, since the building blocks are almost all identical. What will likely happen is the gamemode specific sheets will be in their own folders, and a common set of blocks will be in the central holding area. I haven't given it too much thought since I'm working on a few other items that are time intense before I return to school and go off-grid for extended periods of time.

          For the time being, if you wish to include other sheets, you will need to place them in the gamemode specific folder.

          Cheers,
          Andrew