familiars and racial traits

  • talon_2007
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 20, 2014

      Been a long time user of PCGen but first post.  I ran across two things I can't figure out how to do.
      I am running 6.02 version of PCGen and have the Pathfinder Society data sets loaded.

      1) How do I select a familiar that is not one of the standard ones from the Core Rulebook? Specifically, I want to add a compsognathus.
      2) How do I get a Tiefling's racial traits?  For example, I want to sacrifice Fiendish Sorcery for Prehensile Tail.  I see no way to remove the former or add the latter.  (As an aside, the +2 to Bluff and Stealth for Tieflings does not seem to apply either).

      Hope someone can help!

      Thanks,
      Brian

    • talon_2007
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 20, 2014
        And....I just remembered that I did post my question 2 earlier and someone responded that I needed to upgrade to 6.03 (thanks!).  Totally forgot about posting that.  I will do that ASAP and see if it resolves the problem for #2.

        Any ideas on question #1?  Hopefully, that will be addressed in 6.03 as well.

        Thanks!
        Brian
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 20, 2014
          Brian,

          Well, updating to the latest version tends to help.

          You also need to load the correct books, which contain the options you're seeking. (Advanced Race Guide).

          The familiars that should be available appear to be coded up correctly.

          Cheers,
          Andrew

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 29, 2014
            Update on my previous posts:

            1) Updating to 6.03 does fix all the Tiefling racial abilities.  Thanks!
            2) However, 6.03 does not show any of the familiars except the core familiars.  I dug through the .lst files to compare what was different between Core and all the rest.  I found all the core ones listed:
            RACESUBTYPE:Familiar|Augmented Magical Beast|FamiliarBase

            None of the others did.  If I modify the cr_races_companion.lst file to include this line for the other familiars, they show up just fine.  My question is, is this a bug or is there some other "trigger" needed to expose the other familiars?  All the appropriate sources were loaded (in this case bestiary2 and advanced race guide).

            Thanks!
            Brian
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 29, 2014

              Familiars granted at the base ability level 1 are keyed off the RACESUBTYPE of FamiliarBase.

              If you have the capacity to grab updates, grab rev 24351 in the svn trunk.

              If you need the fix now, I can send it direct. Otherwise, it's available in the autobuild - which comes out tomorrow, or the 6.03.2 release.

              Cheers,
              Andrew

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2014
                Thanks I'm good for now with my workaround.  Glad to know it is already fixed in later versions.