Problems with alternate racial traits (and others)

  • rayth_vordan
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 21, 2014
      Hello.

      Firstly, I apologise if this isn't the right place to ask these questions, or if they've been covered before. If that's the case, please direct me to a more suitable location.

      I've had a couple of problems with PCGen not having the options for things I'm trying to do, and I'm not sure if that's because they aren't in there as yet, or I'm doing something wrong.

      I've made a half-orc cavalier. Firstly, I wanted to take the Huntmaster archetype but that archetype doesn't seem to be on the list of options for me to add to my character. Any idea why? I'm using the most up-to-date install of PCGen and all the Paizo sources, plus the other archetypes are there.

      I'm also trying to add the alternate racial trait 'chain fighter', but I can't find anywhere to do that at all in any of the tabs or options.

      Recently I also created an alchemist and had her prestige into a master chymist, but PCGen didn't seem to add her master chymist level to her alchemist level in terms of bombs per day and extracts per day either. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

      Any help will be much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

    • Maredudd
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 21, 2014
        Hi J!

        What sources do you have loaded?

        What source do the items you're looking for come from?

        The general reasons why thing don't come up in PCGen are, as you surmise, the source they come from either hasn't been loaded or hasn't been added to our distribution.

        Maredudd

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 21, 2014
          Hi, thanks for the reply. I have loaded Pathfinder RPG Core Supplements, which includes the following:
          Core Rulebook, Bestiary, Bestiary 2, Bestiary 3, Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Race Guide, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic, and Ultimate Equipment. As far as I'm aware, the stuff I'm looking for comes from the APG and the ARG.
        • Andrew Wilson
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 21, 2014
            Huntmaster is from Animal Archive, which is not currently part of our distribution.

            andrew

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 22, 2014
                Perfect, thank you very much! I didn't realise I must click on the part in the right hand pane before the other options would appear in the left. Sorted now.

                Any idea why the alchemist and master chymist levels didn't seem to be stacking properly?
              • Andrew Wilson
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 22, 2014
                  Apologies, I didn't notice the final question.

                  I don't know why they aren't stacking, I'll have a look.

                  andrew

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 22, 2014
                        Thanks very much for looking into it for me! Is that a bug or something that'll need to be fixed? Is it something I could relatively simply edit on my end. or would it need data editing that I wouldn't have access to?
                      • Andrew Wilson
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 22, 2014
                          Yes, you can fix it yourself.

                          add the lines
                          1 BONUS:VAR|AlchemistAlchemyLVL|CL
                          1 BONUS:VAR|AlchemistBombLVL|CL
                          1 BONUS:VAR|AlchemistMutagenLVL|CL
                          1 BONUS:VAR|AlchemistDiscoveryLVL|CL
                          1 BONUS:VAR|AlchemistPersistentMutagenLVL|CL

                          to the file advanced_players_guide/apg_classes.lst as part of the master chemist class
                          about line 632. Although, I'm not sure if you're supposed to get all of them, I don't play
                          alchemists and I'm not really au fait with their abilities.

                          The first one improves the bonus you get on craft alchemy
                          The second makes your bombs level appropriately (this is the one you really wanted).

                          I'm pretty sure that you want the first three. I'm not sure if mutagens and discoveries are
                          also supposed to get better, that's what the last three do

                          You'll be adding these lines to the Master Chymist.  They're already part of the Alchemist
                          class and in that context CL means Alchemist, when you add them to the Master Chymist
                          It'll mean Master Chymist.

                          andrew