toggling Armor Check penalty on without encumbrance check penalty (pcgen60200)

  • mywonderchild
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 28, 2014
      Hi.

      First and foremost i want to say thanks for a wonderful tool, that i have had hours of fun just playing around with.

      I have an issue, that might very well be a mistake from my side, but i have googled and searched these forums with no succes, so now i write and ask:

      I want to know if its possible to keep the armor check penalty on skill checks without also having the encumbrance/weight check penalty? I want this because, for me, the bookkeeping of encumbrance is no fun, but i think you should have the standard armor penalty on skills, as a heavy armored fighter.

      When i use the toggles:
      "Apply Load Penalty to AC and Skills" or "Apply Weight Penalty to Skill" it activates or deactivates both modifiers(as in both armor check and encumbrance check penalties)

      So what im asking for is an: "Apply armor Penalty but NOT weight penalty to Skill" option or configuration somewhere?
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 29, 2014
        Hi,

        Not that I'm aware of. But we might be able to set one up. That would be best requested as a Code Feature over on our jira ticket system. jira.pcgen.org

        Cheers,
        Andrew

        On 1/28/2014 4:14 PM, mywonderchild wrote:
[...]

        Yahoo Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            pcgen-digest@yahoogroups.com
            pcgen-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • Rob
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 29, 2014

          You can always adjust the load.lst file in the gameMode directory…

          Look at the last few lines that start with ‘ENCUMBERANCE’ and the last value on the line, change it to ‘0’… So they look like this;

          ENCUMBRANCE:Light|1/3||0

          ENCUMBRANCE:Medium|2/3||0

          ENCUMBRANCE:Heavy|1||0

          ENCUMBRANCE:OverHead|1||0

          ENCUMBRANCE:OffGround|2||0

          ENCUMBRANCE:PushDrag|5||0

          AC penalty, no load/weight penalty.  (at least that’s how it looks in the preview OS, I didn’t output it to double check)

          W. Robert Reed III

          Mynex

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 29, 2014
            Thx. both of you...

            I will do both :)

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <mynex@...> wrote:

            > You can always adjust the load.lst file in the gameMode directory.
            >

            > Look at the last few lines that start with 'ENCUMBERANCE' and the last value
            > on the line, change it to '0'. So they look like this;
            >
            > ENCUMBRANCE:Light|1/3||0
            >
            > ENCUMBRANCE:Medium|2/3||0
            >
            > ENCUMBRANCE:Heavy|1||0
            >
            > ENCUMBRANCE:OverHead|1||0
            >
            > ENCUMBRANCE:OffGround|2||0
            >
            > ENCUMBRANCE:PushDrag|5||0
            >

            > AC penalty, no load/weight penalty. (at least that's how it looks in the
            > preview OS, I didn't output it to double check)
            >

            > W. Robert Reed III
            >
            > Mynex

          • mywonderchild
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 29, 2014
              It worked! nearly.. Jump was still affected by encumbrance since movement speed would still be reduced by getting overencumbered. Is there a way to remove that depencency as well? I have found out that i can make my characters able to always be in the light zone, by putting some zeroes behind the other numbers in the "load.lst" file, but i actually like that you are able to see what the character can lift, when they want to remove the heavy boulder in front of them. But i don't want them to be bad at riding a horse, because of bringing 1 shuricken too many.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 29, 2014
                Hhmmmm... If Jump is still affected and it's the only skill that is, then
                there's something else going on there... I'll have to dig into it deeper...
                My other suggestion was just a quick look at things...

                For now though I'd simply remember to remove the # of the penalty from the
                char for play (or if printing out a sheet, edit it manually before
                printing).

                W. Robert Reed III
                Mynex

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 30, 2014
                    Under options there is "Apply Weight Penalty to Skills" option wouldn't turning that off give him what he needs?