Pathfinder Shifter?

  • mathew_cohen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 17, 2014
      Has anyone made an attempt at a conversion of the Shifter race for use within Pathfinder? Ideally someone with a finished dataset :)

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2014
        Is there an actual Shifter race from a pathfinder source book?

        Otherwise, that falls under homebrew and the question should be, how can I make a Shifter race (Which wouldn't be hard to be honest).

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 18, 2014
          No there isn't. 3.5 closed content.

          There are however a couple of decent attempts to convert the race available online. I haven't decided which of these I prefer (probably a mish-mash of the first two sources below).

          https://sites.google.com/site/eberronpathfinder/conversion-info/races/shifters
          http://pf-eberron.wikidot.com/races:shifter
          http://eberron2pathfinder-conversion.wikia.com/wiki/Shifters_(by_DracoDruid)

          I'll make this my personal project to learn the lst. tags and structure. Nothing like jumping in the deep end...
        • Saxum Caribetum
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 18, 2014
            On 18/01/2014 09:01, Andrew wrote:
            Is there an actual Shifter race from a pathfinder source book?

            Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood Of The Moon has Skinwalker races - sort of half-Weres.
            see also http://www.pathfindersrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/skinwalkers-10-rp

            AFAICT the "Shifter" was a WotC 3.x race in closed content Eberron or 4e. If someone wants that specific version, then it would need to be a homebrew.
            I'm not familiar with the WotC version, but skimming http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Shifter and comparing with the Pathfinder version, they are similar.

            --
            Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"

          • mathew_cohen
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 18, 2014

              I'm aware of Blood of the Moon. But I don't have the book so... I'll stick with the Eberron Shifter. I like the mechanics (which shouldn't be terribly difficult to code).

              Cannibal native lifeforms of an alien planet, spending half their day in a daydream, communicating with their vegetative god (and the "spirits" of previously consumed ancestors) -- bon appetit!