Where's the love for Forgotten Realms?

  • jayson.hammerle
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2014
      also why no oriental adventures?
    • Jonathan Thompson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 13, 2014
        If I had to guess, I would say it is because its closed content.

        --
        Jonathan M. Thompson
        Battlefield Press, Inc  (www.battlefieldpress.com) / Solar Flare Productions

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 13, 2014
          Hi Jayson,

          Jonathan is correct. The Forgotten Realms and Oriental Adventures, both products of WotC in their last several releases, are closed content and PCGen does not have permission to include data sets based upon them. You are free though to work on your own sets, if you have a mind, and can even find helpfull advice, hits and suggestions on how to go about it over on the PCGen List File Help group.

          ---
          Eric C Smith, PCGen Doc 2nd
          PR/PL/Adv/Lic Chimp, Data/Doc Chimp
          Release/Tracker Gibbon, Web Tamarin
          aka. Maredudd, Tenacious Monkey

          On Jan 13, 2014, at 5:53 AM, <jayson.hammerle@...> <jayson.hammerle@...> wrote:

          > also why no oriental adventures?
        • Jayson Hammerle
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 13, 2014
            Well actually i would be using it all. my main issue is i have one of the players playing as a (human shade Warblade/Samurai/Iajutsu master) and im going insane with his character. i also focus on playing on forgotten realms and right now i have them going trough all the major events. if you could help me id really appreciate it =). i also have some decent understanding of pcgen and  was looking into adding the template + the classes myself.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 13, 2014
              Hi Jayson,

              Thats great! Head over to the PCGenListFileHelp group and they can get you started!

              Maredudd