[Pathfinder] Cannot select single simple weapon for Commoner

  • Joe Wells
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2014
      ***Issue Necromancy***

      Creating a Commoner in Pathfinder does not allow a single simple weapon to be selected for proficiency. This appears to be the same issue that was fixed in JIRA DATA-532 for 3.5.

      I can open a JIRA for it. I can probably also fix the files. I have it fixed locally. I'm not sure you folks want me mucking about in core files like these.

      Thanks everyone,
      -Joe

      On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      Here is the tracker -

      * DATA-532 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-532>

      NPC Commoner no longer has access to obtain a single Simple Weapon Proficiency by BONUSWEAPON
      <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-532>

      And it's fixed, it'll be present in the new version.

      Also, prior to 5.17.11, you would access the single choice via the SA, Languages and Weapon profs
      Button on the Summary Page (Or Tab if you had the advanced mode selected in preferences).

      But due to the New UI, this button no longer exists, and the functionality that was part of the
      commoner is no longer present. As you weren't aware of it's existence, I think this tag and the set
      up was a poor design as it required the USER to know they needed to add it by another button. The
      current set up will now point you in the correct direction - A much nicer method in my opinion.

      So, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Again, it's been fixed, so you won't need to fix it,
      unless you want to have practice doing it yourself. I had to alter three files -
      Class, Abilities, and Abilitycategories.

      Cheers,

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2014
        Hi Joe,

        Thanks for the report, JIRA and fix. I used the fix almost verbatim, and actually wouldn't have minded the fix being implemented by you. However, the commoner had an ability that needed to be attached, and till February, each bug has to be evaluated to see if it'll go into the 6.2.1 release come Feb.

        Cheers,
        Andrew