PCGen 60200 RC2, Pathfinder, and Bastard Swords

  • Jon Catron
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 30, 2013
      I seem to be having problems getting a Bastard Sword to be wielded one-handed in PCGen.  I was working on a Magus concept character that was a Bladebound, Spirit Bladed Kensai.  Chosen Kensai weapon is Bastard Sword. When trying to equip the purchased Bastard Sword the only option is Both-Hands.  Not that it's relevant in PF but Str was higher than 13.  To further test, I made a Fighter, with all 18s for stats to eliminate any potentials for not enough Str, selected Exotic Weapon Prof - Bastard Sword as a feat, and still can't wield it one handed.  I confirmed in the cr_equip_arms_armor.lst that there was a bonus entry for Exotic Weapons, which reads BONUS:WEAPON|WIELDCATEGORY|-1|PREMULT:1,[PREVARGTEQ:BastardSwordExoticUse,1],[PREWEAPONPROF:1,Bastard Sword (Exotic)].  I also confirmed there's nothing conflicting (that I can see anyway) in the lst under Ultimate Equipment. To test, I removed this entry (After backing up the LST), PREVARGTEQ:BastardSwordExoticUse,1 and this still didn't resolve it.  Any advice?
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 30, 2013

        Open a JIRA please - Data Bug, place the character that is having the issue, I'll take a look at it.

        http://jira.pcgen.org

        Cheers,
        Andrew

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 30, 2013

          The var wasn't being triggered, looks like it was completely missing.

          Fixed.

          If you want the fix for yourself, add this to cr_abilities.lst

          ###Block: Exotic Proficiencies
          CATEGORY=Internal|Default.MOD    DEFINE:BastardSwordExoticUse|0    DEFINE:DwarvenWaraxeExoticUse|0    BONUS:VAR|BastardSwordExoticUse|1|PREFEAT:1,Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Sword (Bastard))    BONUS:VAR|DwarvenWaraxeExoticUse|1|PREFEAT:1,Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Waraxe (Dwarven))

          ###Block: Curses

          Cheers,

          Hi,

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 30, 2013
            Jira DATA-1516 has been created for this.

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 30, 2013
              Wow.  Guess you can ignore the Jira I just mailed :)

              Thanks for the fast fix!

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 30, 2013
                Andrew,
                Just to be sure, this should be all one line, correct?

                Thanks
                Jon