pathfinder - crimson throne traits

  • knefas666
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 9, 2013
      hi guys, first of all I would want to thank you everyone is updating and working on this amazing tool.
      I'm writing here because I'm trying to load the traits (equipment and feats equip etc don't work as well) related to the crimson throne adventure path but I'm not able to see them in the PC traits; I know that I'm doing something wrong maybe I need to add something in the homebrew folder (mine is empty except for the "my_..." files).
      I'm loading the pathfinder rpg including all the supplements and the crimson throne player's guide in the sources but nothing happens.
      Glad if you can help me
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 9, 2013

        What items or traits are you looking for?

        On 12/9/2013 4:36 PM, knefas666 wrote:
        hi guys, first of all I would want to thank you everyone is updating and working on this amazing tool.
        I'm writing here because I'm trying to load the traits (equipment and feats equip etc don't work as well) related to the crimson throne adventure path but I'm not able to see them in the PC traits; I know that I'm doing something wrong maybe I need to add something in the homebrew folder (mine is empty except for the "my_..." files).
        I'm loading the pathfinder rpg including all the supplements and the crimson throne player's guide in the sources but nothing happens.
        Glad if you can help me

        Yahoo Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            pcgen-digest@yahoogroups.com
            pcgen-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 9, 2013

          There are 5 traits in the players guide (on pages 15 and 16) but we do not have them in the set we have for crimson throne.

          Most of the gear has been superseded by ultimate equipment now, but it does look to be present.

          Cheers,
          James.

          On 10/12/2013 3:08 PM Andrew wrote
          Hi,

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 10, 2013
            does it mean that I cannot put the crimson throne traits (the traits are 10 in total)?

            I need almost half of the traits because I'm going to be a DM with 5-6 characters...thank you for your answers now I know that I have to add these traits by hand :)
            have a nice day

            > There are 5 traits in the players guide (on pages 15 and 16) but we do
            > not have them in the set we have for crimson throne.
            >
            > Most of the gear has been superseded by ultimate equipment now, but it
            > does look to be present.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > James.
            >
            > On 10/12/2013 3:08 PM Andrew wrote
            > >

            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > What items or traits are you looking for?
            > >
            > > On 12/9/2013 4:36 PM, knefas666 wrote:
            > >> hi guys, first of all I would want to thank you everyone is updating and working on this amazing tool.
            > >> I'm writing here because I'm trying to load the traits (equipment and feats equip etc don't work as well) related to the crimson throne adventure path but I'm not able to see them in the PC traits; I know that I'm doing something wrong maybe I need to add something in the homebrew folder (mine is empty except for the "my_..." files).
            > >> I'm loading the pathfinder rpg including all the supplements and the crimson throne player's guide in the sources but nothing happens.
            > >> Glad if you can help me

            > >> Yahoo Groups Links

          • Stefan Radermacher
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 10, 2013
              On 12/10/13 07:44, James Dempsey wrote:
              > There are 5 traits in the players guide (on pages 15 and 16) but we do
              > not have them in the set we have for crimson throne.

              Since I had these traits coded up for my CotCT Campaign, I've added them
              to the Pathfinder RPG version data set in Subversion revision 22584 in
              the trunk. You can get the updated version from the repository or wait
              for a nightly build.

              They work fine as standard campaign traits with the usual traits rule
              from the APG, but you might take into consideration that the traits
              rules as such did not yet exist when this AP was published. That was
              still before the publication of the Pathfinder RPG.

              Short history lesson: the traits rules were only spelled out as
              such--for the D&D 3.5 system--with the next AP, Second Darkness. From
              there they went to a Web Enhancement PDF for D&D 3.5, which was later
              adapted for the Pathfinder RPG. The rules were then incorporated into
              the Advanced Player's Guide. An even more recent makeover of these rules
              is found in Ultimate Campaign.

              Stefan.
            • Rob
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 10, 2013
                These traits are in the advanced player's guide, so load that and you'll
                have the traits you need. :)

                W. Robert Reed III
                Mynex

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 10, 2013
                  On 12/10/13 11:54, Rob wrote:
                  > These traits are in the advanced player's guide, so load that and you'll
                  > have the traits you need. :)

                  He was talking about the Campaign traits specific to the Curse of the
                  Crimson Throne Adventure Path. These are not in the APG.

                  Stefan
                • knefas666
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 10, 2013
                    thank you Stefan,

                    I tried the subversion (I'm a noob) but it seems that it doesn't work for some of the traits (ex: I cannot receive the will bonus by the missing son trait)...I tried to add the bonus but I only got an error (category not found...) anyway thank you at least I can put a part of the traits
                    Giorgio

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <stefan@...> wrote:

                    > On 12/10/13 07:44, James Dempsey wrote:
                    > > There are 5 traits in the players guide (on pages 15 and 16) but we do
                    > > not have them in the set we have for crimson throne.
                    >
                    > Since I had these traits coded up for my CotCT Campaign, I've added them
                    > to the Pathfinder RPG version data set in Subversion revision 22584 in
                    > the trunk. You can get the updated version from the repository or wait
                    > for a nightly build.
                    >
                    > They work fine as standard campaign traits with the usual traits rule
                    > from the APG, but you might take into consideration that the traits
                    > rules as such did not yet exist when this AP was published. That was
                    > still before the publication of the Pathfinder RPG.
                    >
                    > Short history lesson: the traits rules were only spelled out as
                    > such--for the D&D 3.5 system--with the next AP, Second Darkness. From
                    > there they went to a Web Enhancement PDF for D&D 3.5, which was later
                    > adapted for the Pathfinder RPG. The rules were then incorporated into
                    > the Advanced Player's Guide. An even more recent makeover of these rules
                    > is found in Ultimate Campaign.
                    >
                    > Stefan.

                  • Stefan Radermacher
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 11, 2013
                      On 12/11/13 01:44, knefas666 wrote:
                      > thank you Stefan,
                      >
                      > I tried the subversion (I'm a noob) but it seems that it doesn't work
                      > for some of the traits (ex: I cannot receive the will bonus by the
                      > missing son trait)...I tried to add the bonus but I only got an error
                      > (category not found...) anyway thank you at least I can put a part of
                      > the traits

                      I see now that when I originally coded that for my campaign I put in all
                      the traits but only implemented the effects and descriptions for those
                      needed for my PCs. I have now implemented all the remaining traits in
                      Subversion revision 22591. You should be able to see the Will save bonus
                      now. I'm not sure about the "category not found" problem. If that
                      persists, please describe where that error is reported.

                      Regards
                      Stefan
                    • knefas666
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 12, 2013
                        thank you Stefan I was able to add the other traits by myself (I tried and it worked) now I'm having problems with the paladin creation (level 1 with 1 spell of each level till the 4th and a general class level 0 spell for detect evil..) but I'm off topic.
                        Thanks again
                        Regards