Armored Casting

  • nealsmith1205
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2013
      In PCGen v6.00.1 why does a 3.5 SRD Bard show a non zero Arcane Failure when wearing light armor.

      Bards should have no Arcane Failure when wearing light armor.

      Cheers,

      Neal

    • nylanfs
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2013
        Encumbrance maybe?
      • nealsmith1205
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2013

          Afraid not.

          Character STR 14 = 58 lb for light load. Character carrying 47.44 lb.

          Cheers,

          Neal

        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2013
            What race is the character?

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2013

              Armored Casting doesn't change the character sheet - I've looked at both Bards - 3.5e and PF, neither ability has any code to alter the Arcane Spell Failure displayed. The assumption is the ability says what it does and the end user will know when to apply it, however, I as a coder, won't know if you take a level of Bard and a Level of Wizard. If I remove the Arcane Spell Failure, how would you know when to apply the spell failure or what it is for the wizard if it's missing?

              Could we code it up? Certainly, but it's not a bug, but a feature request, and it's not simple of easy to accomplish.

              Cheers,
              Andrew

              On 12/4/2013 4:50 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
              What race is the character?

              On Dec 4, 2013, at 7:21 PM, <neal.smith@...> wrote:

              Afraid not.

              Character STR 14 = 58 lb for light load. Character carrying 47.44 lb.

              Cheers,

              Neal

              Yahoo Groups Links

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  pcgen-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  pcgen-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            • gjorbjond
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 5, 2013
                On the character sheet, I'd put it on the spell page where it lists spells known and spells per day, next to concentration.  That way if you're multiclassed, you'll only see it for the classes to which it applies.
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 5, 2013
                  Yes, but the code doesn't support class specific Spell Failures, that would have to be a new tag request.

                  Cheers,