Gnome -> RacialTreat: Gift of Tongues -> selectable Languages

  • Sandra W
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2013
      Perhaps i missread the rule...
      Gift of Tongues: Gnomes love languages and learning about those they meet. Gnomes with this racial trait gain a +1 bonus on Bluff and Diplomacy checks, and they learn one additional language every time they put a rank in the Linguistics skill. This racial trait replaces defensive training and hatred.

      There is nothing stated, that the additional language is from the bonus list only (heck there would be way to few)

      But with version 6.0.0.1, when i spend one point, the following happens:
      1 language can be selected via button "add language via skillpoint"...which is the complete list
      1 additional language can be selected via button "add bonus language"...which is only the reduced bonus list

      If i´m correct and the additional language can be any - as by the rule above - i would ask you if you could recode that part. (or give me a hint how to bypass that)

      Thanks

    • Monele
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2013
        Hello,

        I checked the data and it looks okay. I also checked Jira and indeed,
        this issue had been reported:

        http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-1124

        It has status "fixed" so upgrading PCGen should do the trick. This
        does mean you will have to get one of the "unstable" versions, but
        don't worry, the latest 6.01.10 Beta is anything but "unstable".

        - Moni

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2013

          Var wasn't attached, so technically it was still broken. Then tested after I did a change and it was still broken, so changed how it works. Anyways, this is now fixed for RC1.

          Cheers,
          Andrew

          On 12/4/2013 5:56 AM, Monele wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              pcgen-digest@yahoogroups.com
              pcgen-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        • Sandra W

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 7, 2013

                Ok, after reading the jira and got an idea...

                Its still like i wrote, BUT..
                ..saving the char and reloading it, brings suddenly a new "additional languages remain to be selected"
                So one could say its partialy fixed, as a save/reload is still necessary (which will not be "logical" to anybody)

                Btw...would be great if only the still unchoosen languages are visible (means subtract the chosen ones, racials etc)