add spellcaster +1

  • James Blakeney
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2001
      Well I played around with it and found out one thing. IT dont work
      with when a prestige class add one to another prestige class which
      does the same. Case in point, alienist and loremaster. Yes I know I
      should say wizard. :) Now it does work with those prestige class that
      define spell cast and known. Just one of those oddity.
    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., "James Blakeney" <james.blakeney@g...> wrote:
        > Well I played around with it and found out one thing. IT dont work
        > with when a prestige class add one to another prestige class which
        > does the same. Case in point, alienist and loremaster. Yes I know I
        > should say wizard. :) Now it does work with those prestige class
        that
        > define spell cast and known. Just one of those oddity.

        Just to be clear - you're saying that ADD:SPELLCASTER(ANY) doesn't
        work if two classes that use this both pick the same class to add the
        bonus to?

        -Bryan
      • James Blakeney
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6, 2001
          > --- In pcgen@y..., "James Blakeney" <james.blakeney@g...> wrote:
          > > Well I played around with it and found out one thing. IT dont work
          > > with when a prestige class add one to another prestige class which
          > > does the same. Case in point, alienist and loremaster. Yes I know I
          > > should say wizard. :) Now it does work with those prestige class
          > that
          > > define spell cast and known. Just one of those oddity.
          >
          > Just to be clear - you're saying that ADD:SPELLCASTER(ANY) doesn't
          > work if two classes that use this both pick the same class to add the
          > bonus to?
          >
          > -Bryan
          I meant I used a prestige class to add a spellcaster to a prestige
          class instead of a core class or a prestige class with defined spells.
          Guess the program do not handle recursive lookup. :)
          Add:Spellcaster(Alienist) certainly wouldnt add to Wizard level.
        • brentab@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6, 2001
            I don't think that D&D allows +1 spellcaster level for anything BUT
            classes with spells.

            In other words.. hmmm. I suppose you could use it to add +1
            spellcaster level to Templars (they have their own spell list), but
            you couldn't add to Contemplative (they're +1 to caster level also!)

            The +1 only counts for spells... it doesn't apply to powers, etc, so
            applying it to anything BUT classes with a spell list is rather
            pointless anyway.