Mithral armor problem

  • John Kantner
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2013
      My human Brb1/Ftr12 (D&D 3.5) just upgraded from a mithral breastplate to mithral full-plate. PCGen is saying that my new speed is 30'. I am puzzled by this.

      With the Barbarian's Fast Movement trait my base speed should be 40' when not wearing armor. With her boots of Striding and Leaping it should be 50' with no armor. When wearing the breastplate the program correctly made her speed the 50'.

      Now with the mithral full-plate it says my movement is 20' without the boots, 30' with them. But that doesn't make sense. Why is the Fast Movement feature being removed? The RSRD states that Fast Movement works with light or medium armor. The full-plate, being mithral, should be considered medium.

      Am I missing something here? I'm running 5.17.20, by the way, and using the RSRD sources + some homebrew stuff. The homebrew stuff is for some feats and such, nothing that should affect my character's speed.
    • Barak

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 1, 2013
                  >Also, why are you running such an old version?

                  I fear change. The last time I upgraded PCGen I had to re-write most of my custom files because everything got screwed up. :(

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 1, 2013
                    Okay:

                    Barbarian Medium Sized has movement of 40 - with Light Armor (no change), with Medium or heavier Movement is now 30.
                    Still a Net +10 faster than another "bloke".

                    Your issue is using an outdated version of pcgen. I can't fix outdated. The issue was fixed March 2013 (
                    http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-959), and the only advice I have is to update your version.

                    Cheers,

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 1, 2013
                        According to the table here: