Glad to join you all

  • punctumdesign
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2013

      Sent from Windows Mail
      New member , old user -
      Kurt

    • nylanfs
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 17, 2013

        Welcome to the group! :)

        Paul Grosse

        PR Silverback

        ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <pcgen@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Sent from Windows Mail
        New member , old user -
        Kurt

      • Bahamut Dragon
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 17, 2013
          Welcome Mate!

          ~BD
          https://github.com/BahamutDragon/pcgen

          On 9/2/2013 9:59 AM, punctumdesign@... wrote:

          > Sent from Windows Mail
          > New member , old user -
          > Kurt

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 17, 2013
            Make yourself comfortable here.

            Is there anything you need assistance with?

            -Andrew

            On 10/17/2013 5:14 AM, nylanfs@... wrote:

            Welcome to the group! :)

            Paul Grosse

            PR Silverback

            ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <pcgen@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Sent from Windows Mail
            New member , old user -
            Kurt

          • ryansharper1

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 17, 2013
                Hi Ryan,

                RE: More Books - The official PCGen supported ones are all suppled with the program. If you want one in particular there are a few options:
                1) Ask nicely if anyone is currently working on it - this should only be about official books by 3rd parties for the D&D series - (3rd Edition, 3.5 Edition, and even Paizo's Pathfinder) - Wizards of the Coast books can't be officially supported beyond the SRD books they sent out (R/M/SRD).
                2) Learn how to code up the book in our custom language .LST - we have a support group for homebrewers and people who'd like to contribute.
                3) If you think a book is available but not officially supported, you know how to use a search feature online. Though officially we do not support anything hosted off our own site. There are some books that due to maturity rating or that never were submitted, exist outside our purview. I know a Book of Exotic Fantasy is out there, supposedly Dark Sun is hosted elsewhere and I know there is a growing community of Homebrewers that exist in their own space.

                One thing to keep us good and legit is we ask you not to ask for Closed Content sources on our lists. However, what you do off our lists is your business and we won't even worry about it.

                If you wish to learn to make your own books, I have several HOW TO videos - pcgen.org has a link to my videos. We have the PCgenListFileHelp Yahoo Group as well, where we answer any question about coding in LST. Yes, you can ask how to make the Complete Mage, or any closed source book there, just don't ask us to make it for you.

                Other resources are linked on our main website 'pcgen.org' including our wiki. The program contains 'classes' and our tag index. If you want a specific answer, just ask. Myself or many others are always around to answer questions.

                Cheers,

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 17, 2013
                    As one of those Homebrew types, I'd give this coding advice mate; Look at the existing books, and
                    see how they are coded up by the guys who know what they are doing. Once you see the tags, reference
                    back to the docs. I think the videos are quite wizard, Andrew does a fair job of not only explaining
                    the method to do things, but explains the reasoning behind it.

                    If you need a tip on building your own books, I have a few. If you want Pathfinder, give them puppy
                    dog eyes with cute whimpers, monkeys seem to be weak against puppies. If it's Wizards stuff, then
                    you'd best be ready to make what you need for your gaming group. That was how I started, making odd
                    ball things on the side for my mates as we progressed through our campaigns. I finally got tired of
                    the partial sets clumped into one big set of "everything' I had and decided to flesh them out and
                    finish them. If it helps out some fellow gamer down the road, even better. I've found github an
                    excellent resource for making collaboration easy.

                    Welcome to the homebrew community club.