Question about GMgen character sheet sharing

  • Ethan Roberts
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2013
      Hello,

      I recently started using PCGen for my player to create their characters. Thanks to all the hard work people have put into this software- I really appreciate it and enjoy using it!

      On to business- I was curious on GMGen's ability to share character sheets among clients using the Network tab.

      When a player connects to my network, they can upload their character into the initiative tracker with some fiddling (haven't quite figured out how that one works yet). I can see the basic outline of their character sheet. I tried to figure out/research a way to see/upload their character sheet in the Character Sheet Tab, but I have not found anything.

      Questions:

      Is it possible to have a player upload their character sheet to GMGen and it be fully viewable in the Character Sheet tab in GMgen?

      Is the statblock displayed in the Initiative tracker all that is viewable?

      Can the GM make any other changes to the sheet besides Experience?

      How exactly does a player submit their character sheet to the initiative tracker?

      Thank you for your time everyone.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2013
        Hi Ethan!

        This is one part of PCGen I don't normally use, which means I can't really give much information on it.

        I'd say play with it a bit and see what you can manage, otherwise, if you have some free time later
        this week, I can give it a go around and see what it can do or not. Hopefully we have someone with
        some experience of using GMGen that can chime in and answer some of your questions.

        Cheers,