Re: [pcgen] RE: PCGen, Advanced Race guide, and Making own race within PCGen

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013
      Which version of pcgen are you using?

      On 10/7/2013 7:56 PM, tseter79_2000@... wrote:

      > Ok, Got the mod stuff to work, but i ran into something interesting. The race itself had toughness
      > in it, Picking it at first level only one bonus would work as in the automatic feat from race was
      > not being counted. At level one my race with the class monk and a con of 15 would get 8(class) +
      > 2(con) + 3 (toughness) + 1 (fav class bonus) for a total of 14 hitpoints. Then taking the feat
      > toughness at level one would increase it another 3 making it 17 hit-points. With the first feat
      > picked and the included race toughness it was only giving me 14 hit-points.
      >
      > I simply used the following in the "house rules" data-set i made:
      > Toughness.MOD -TAB- MULT:YES -TAB- CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
      >
      > Did i mess up somewhere along the way? Also before adding in this rule set it would not allow me to
      > pick it again proving it was reading the race feat.
      >

      > ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <drew0500@...> wrote:
      >
      > There used to be something on the skill tab to toggle what was displayed. Are you sure you want to
      > see *ALL* the skills?
      >
      > Add a mult:yes with a choose:nochoice on the toughness by a mod and that'll do the trick.
      >
      > On 10/7/2013 3:03 PM, tseter79_2000@... <mailto:tseter79_2000@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Ah, ok so I'll need to use the alpha build, I think i can do that.
      > >

      > > Also is there a checkbox that will show all the skills on the character sheet even ones that are not
      > > class skill or have ranks in? And We have a house rules that will allow us to have toughness more
      > > than once, how would i get that house rule into PCGen?
      > >

      > > ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen@yahoogroups.com>, <drew0500@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Considering the Stable release doesn't have Advanced Race Guide, or several sources for that matter,
      > > I'd say use the Alpha. Plus, I don't use the stable, so if you begin reporting bugs, chances are
      > > they've already been fixed.
      > >
      > > On 10/7/2013 10:28 AM, tseter79_2000@... <mailto:tseter79_2000@...> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Will they work with the current stable version Or would i need to use the latest alpha build that i
      > > > got? I am willing to help try to debug em. But i am really new still to pcgen. I'm trying to
      > > > remember what i learned back when i made the Pikachu race, and also looking at the guides that
      > > > explain stuffs on pcgen sites.
      > > >

      > > > I am willing to try and help debug the dataset, just let me find my Raid. Feel free to contact me
      > > > over YIM when you are able too, If i'm not able to respond right away I'll respond once I see your
      > > > message,
      > > >

      > > > Tseter
      > > >

      > > > ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen@yahoogroups.com> <mailto:pcgen@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:pcgen@yahoogroups.com>>, <drew0500@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > The files exist, it's just a matter of taking the time to debug and make sure they work correctly.
      > > > Time which seems to be stuck in a timesink debugging OS files. If you want to test them out, I'll
      > > > send them to you.

    • tseter79_2000
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 8, 2013

        This is in the stable 6001 program would the alpha release have addressed it already?

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 8, 2013
          Most likely. I'm not going to look at all the bug fixes since the last stable, but I think the
          chances of that being fixed in the latest alpha is a strong possibility.

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 8, 2013

            Ok, Should I try to reproduce that in the latest alpha build? I am pretty sure that i can do that with relative ease. Or have you been able to confirm it?

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 8, 2013

              yes i was able to reproduce it in v6.01.06, do i need to add a stack tag into it?  I only have the following:

              Toughness.MOD    MULT:YES    CHOOSE:NOCHOICE