PCGen, Advanced Race guide, and Making own race within PCGen

  • tseter79_2000
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013
      Greetings,

      My roommate and I are getting ready to go elbows deep into a new campaign and start a really long and extending campaign.  I have Created a race that is based off the Fanali's From Magi: the Labyrinth of Magic, and he wishes to have a wolfen race. Both was made with the Race points from the Book. I was abel to get mine into PCGen as it was only 28 RP, however it was hard to code and well from what i have tired to do with the 2nd one some of the racial abilities that he picked i have NO clue how to code into the Lst files. I did download both the 60105 and 60106 alpha builds and found out that the Race builder part was not made just yet. The code to load it is there but commented out and only one was truly there.

      Is there an ETA as to when this is going to be released? So it will be much easyer for me to code these new higher race point races that we are going to be making. Most of what we are making are looking to be 30 point plus races.

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013
        The files exist, it's just a matter of taking the time to debug and make sure they work correctly.
        Time which seems to be stuck in a timesink debugging OS files. If you want to test them out, I'll
        send them to you.

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013

          Will they work with the current stable version Or would i need to use the latest alpha build that i got? I am willing to help try to debug em. But i am really new still to pcgen. I'm trying to remember what i learned back when i made the Pikachu race, and also looking at the guides that explain stuffs on pcgen sites.

          I am willing to try and help debug the dataset, just let me find my Raid.  Feel free to contact me over YIM when you are able too, If i'm not able to respond right away I'll respond once I see your message,

          Tseter

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013
            Considering the Stable release doesn't have Advanced Race Guide, or several sources for that matter,
            I'd say use the Alpha. Plus, I don't use the stable, so if you begin reporting bugs, chances are
            they've already been fixed.

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013

              Ah, ok so I'll need to use the alpha build, I think i can do that.

              Also is there a checkbox that will show all the skills on the character sheet even ones that are not class skill or have ranks in? And We have a house rules that will allow us to have toughness more than once, how would i get that house rule into PCGen?

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013
                There used to be something on the skill tab to toggle what was displayed. Are you sure you want to
                see *ALL* the skills?

                Add a mult:yes with a choose:nochoice on the toughness by a mod and that'll do the trick.

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013
                  Ok, Got the mod stuff to work, but i ran into something interesting.  The race itself had toughness in it, Picking it at first level only one bonus would work as in the automatic feat from race was not being counted.  At level one my race with the class monk and a con of 15 would get 8(class) + 2(con) + 3 (toughness) + 1 (fav class bonus) for a total of 14 hitpoints. Then taking the feat toughness at level one would increase it another 3 making it 17 hit-points.  With the first feat picked and the included race toughness it was only giving me 14 hit-points.

                  I simply used the following in the "house rules" data-set i made:
                  Toughness.MOD -TAB- MULT:YES -TAB- CHOOSE:NOCHOICE

                  Did i mess up somewhere along the way? Also before adding in this rule set it would not allow me to pick it again proving it was reading the race feat.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013
                    Which version of pcgen are you using?

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 8, 2013

                      This is in the stable 6001 program would the alpha release have addressed it already?

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 8, 2013
                        Most likely. I'm not going to look at all the bug fixes since the last stable, but I think the
                        chances of that being fixed in the latest alpha is a strong possibility.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 8, 2013

                          Ok, Should I try to reproduce that in the latest alpha build? I am pretty sure that i can do that with relative ease. Or have you been able to confirm it?

                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 8, 2013

                            yes i was able to reproduce it in v6.01.06, do i need to add a stack tag into it?  I only have the following:

                            Toughness.MOD    MULT:YES    CHOOSE:NOCHOICE