Re: [pcgen] RE: Quick question. Does PCGen support fractional BAB?

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 24, 2013
      You hit the nail on the head. Use vars. Though it would require a lot of work.

      On 9/24/2013 4:04 AM, arjan@... wrote:

      > How do I go about doing that?
      >

      > What pops to mind is making some VARs from which to calculate a BAB or save bonus. Which in turn can
      > be added via an abilty or hidden feat. Hmmmmmm.
      >

      > ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <darth.borehd@...> wrote:
      >
      > I don't think the 3.5 or Pathfinder rules use fractional base attack or saves. I remember several
      > people making joke builds of 20th level characters with +0 base attack.
      >
      > Yes, you can calculate the formula for it, but by default, the game drops all fractions.
      >
      > On 23 September 2013 07:48, Andrew <drew0500@... <mailto:drew0500@...>> wrote:
      >
      > __
      >

      > By default, no.
      >
      > You could implement it though.
      >
      > You're welcome,
      >
      > Andrew
      >

      > On 9/23/2013 2:59 AM, arjan@... <mailto:arjan@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > What is says on the tin. Does PCGen support fractional BAB and saves? It came up when making a
      > > character with various classes and prestige classes with the same save/BAB progression.
      > >

      > > Thanx,
      > >
      > > Arjan

    • arjan_van_ginneken
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 26, 2013

        Right. Well, lets get to work then. The workload should be low since I'd just add the vars to the classes I'm using ATM. Homebrew you know ;)

        ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <drew0500@...> wrote:

        You hit the nail on the head. Use vars. Though it would require a lot of work.

        On 9/24/2013 4:04 AM, arjan@... wrote:

        > How do I go about doing that?
        >

        > What pops to mind is making some VARs from which to calculate a BAB or save bonus. Which in turn can
        > be added via an abilty or hidden feat. Hmmmmmm.
        >

        > ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <darth.borehd@...> wrote:
        >
        > I don't think the 3.5 or Pathfinder rules use fractional base attack or saves. I remember several
        > people making joke builds of 20th level characters with +0 base attack.
        >
        > Yes, you can calculate the formula for it, but by default, the game drops all fractions.
        >
        > On 23 September 2013 07:48, Andrew <drew0500@... <mailto:drew0500@...>> wrote:
        >
        > __
        >

        > By default, no.
        >
        > You could implement it though.
        >
        > You're welcome,
        >
        > Andrew
        >

        > On 9/23/2013 2:59 AM, arjan@... <mailto:arjan@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > What is says on the tin. Does PCGen support fractional BAB and saves? It came up when making a
        > > character with various classes and prestige classes with the same save/BAB progression.
        > >

        > > Thanx,
        > >
        > > Arjan

      • Jason D
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 26, 2013
          I did the fractional bonuses a while ago and recently updated them for version 6, so I uploaded them to the files section. Admins, I apologize if that's not allowed, but since it's all SRD stuff I figured it shouldn't be a problem, and there's no point in everyone reinventing the wheel. If you have any questions about how it works, let me know.

          Jason

          Right. Well, lets get to work then. The workload should be low since I'd just add the vars to the classes I'm using ATM. Homebrew you know ;)

          ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <drew0500@...> wrote:

          You hit the nail on the head. Use vars. Though it would require a lot of work.

          On 9/24/2013 4:04 AM, arjan@... wrote:

          > How do I go about doing that?
          >

          > What pops to mind is making some VARs from which to calculate a BAB or save bonus. Which in turn can
          > be added via an abilty or hidden feat. Hmmmmmm.
          >

          > ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <darth.borehd@...> wrote:
          >
          > I don't think the 3.5 or Pathfinder rules use fractional base attack or saves. I remember several
          > people making joke builds of 20th level characters with +0 base attack.
          >
          > Yes, you can calculate the formula for it, but by default, the game drops all fractions.
          >
          > On 23 September 2013 07:48, Andrew <drew0500@... <mailto:drew0500@...>> wrote:
          >
          > __
          >

          > By default, no.
          >
          > You could implement it though.
          >
          > You're welcome,
          >
          > Andrew
          >

          > On 9/23/2013 2:59 AM, arjan@... <mailto:arjan@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > What is says on the tin. Does PCGen support fractional BAB and saves? It came up when making a
          > > character with various classes and prestige classes with the same save/BAB progression.
          > >

          > > Thanx,
          > >
          > > Arjan

        • Jason D
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 26, 2013
            Oh, forgot to mention I put them under the PCGenLstFile group's files, not the PCGen group's files (seemed more appropriate).

            Jason

            I did the fractional bonuses a while ago and recently updated them for version 6, so I uploaded them to the files section. Admins, I apologize if that's not allowed, but since it's all SRD stuff I figured it shouldn't be a problem, and there's no point in everyone reinventing the wheel. If you have any questions about how it works, let me know.

            Jason

            Right. Well, lets get to work then. The workload should be low since I'd just add the vars to the classes I'm using ATM. Homebrew you know ;)

            ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <drew0500@...> wrote:

            You hit the nail on the head. Use vars. Though it would require a lot of work.

            On 9/24/2013 4:04 AM, arjan@... wrote:

            > How do I go about doing that?
            >

            > What pops to mind is making some VARs from which to calculate a BAB or save bonus. Which in turn can
            > be added via an abilty or hidden feat. Hmmmmmm.
            >

            > ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <darth.borehd@...> wrote:
            >
            > I don't think the 3.5 or Pathfinder rules use fractional base attack or saves. I remember several
            > people making joke builds of 20th level characters with +0 base attack.
            >
            > Yes, you can calculate the formula for it, but by default, the game drops all fractions.
            >
            > On 23 September 2013 07:48, Andrew <drew0500@... <mailto:drew0500@...>> wrote:
            >
            > __
            >

            > By default, no.
            >
            > You could implement it though.
            >
            > You're welcome,
            >
            > Andrew
            >

            > On 9/23/2013 2:59 AM, arjan@... <mailto:arjan@...> wrote:
            > >

            > > What is says on the tin. Does PCGen support fractional BAB and saves? It came up when making a
            > > character with various classes and prestige classes with the same save/BAB progression.
            > >

            > > Thanx,
            > >
            > > Arjan

          • Matthew Thompson
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 27, 2013

              Ok,
                So I am trying to put in prepared spells for a Wizard, and the wizard has 4-5 Metamagic feats.  I want to add it in with a metamagic feat, but when I click the 'Add with metamagic' button, nothing happens.  Is this not implemented?

              Matt
            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 27, 2013
                Hi Matt,

                Yep that one is implemented and should be working. However I just tried it locally and it failed!

                I'll patch it now and it will be available in tonight's autobuild or in 6.01.07.  I've raised issue CODE-2286 - "Add Spell With Metamagic Fails" to track the fix.

                If you don't want to wait you can dodge the issue by updating the data files for the metamagic feats your character has and adding VISIBLE:YES to them. This should not be required, but the code was expecting it - bad code. :)

                Out of interest what version of PCGen are you using?

                Cheers,
                James.

                On 28/09/2013 9:43 AM Matthew Thompson wrote

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 27, 2013
                  6.10.06, I usually use the Alpha builds, to help find issues like this. :)