Quick question. Does PCGen support fractional BAB?

  • arjan_van_ginneken
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 23, 2013

      What is says on the tin. Does PCGen support fractional BAB and saves? It came up when making a character with various classes and prestige classes with the same save/BAB progression.

      Thanx,

      Arjan

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 23, 2013
        By default, no.

        You could implement it though.

        You're welcome,

        Andrew

        On 9/23/2013 2:59 AM, arjan@... wrote:

        > What is says on the tin. Does PCGen support fractional BAB and saves? It came up when making a
        > character with various classes and prestige classes with the same save/BAB progression.
        >

        > Thanx,
        >
        > Arjan

      • Darth Borehd
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 23, 2013
          I don't think the 3.5 or Pathfinder rules use fractional base attack or saves.  I remember several people making joke builds of 20th level characters with +0 base attack.

          Yes, you can calculate the formula for it, but by default, the game drops all fractions.

          On 23 September 2013 07:48, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

          By default, no.

          You could implement it though.

          You're welcome,

          Andrew

          On 9/23/2013 2:59 AM, arjan@... wrote:

          > What is says on the tin. Does PCGen support fractional BAB and saves? It came up when making a
          > character with various classes and prestige classes with the same save/BAB progression.
          >

          > Thanx,
          >
          > Arjan

        • arjan_van_ginneken
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 24, 2013

            How do I go about doing that?

            What pops to mind is making some VARs from which to calculate a BAB or save bonus. Which in turn can be added via an abilty or hidden feat. Hmmmmmm.

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 24, 2013
              You hit the nail on the head. Use vars. Though it would require a lot of work.

              On 9/24/2013 4:04 AM, arjan@... wrote:

              > How do I go about doing that?
              >

              > What pops to mind is making some VARs from which to calculate a BAB or save bonus. Which in turn can
              > be added via an abilty or hidden feat. Hmmmmmm.
              >

              > ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <darth.borehd@...> wrote:
              >
              > I don't think the 3.5 or Pathfinder rules use fractional base attack or saves. I remember several
              > people making joke builds of 20th level characters with +0 base attack.
              >
              > Yes, you can calculate the formula for it, but by default, the game drops all fractions.
              >
              > On 23 September 2013 07:48, Andrew <drew0500@... <mailto:drew0500@...>> wrote:
              >
              > __
              >

              > By default, no.
              >
              > You could implement it though.
              >
              > You're welcome,
              >
              > Andrew
              >

              > On 9/23/2013 2:59 AM, arjan@... <mailto:arjan@...> wrote:
              > >

              > > What is says on the tin. Does PCGen support fractional BAB and saves? It came up when making a
              > > character with various classes and prestige classes with the same save/BAB progression.
              > >

              > > Thanx,
              > >
              > > Arjan

            • arjan_van_ginneken
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 26, 2013

                Right. Well, lets get to work then. The workload should be low since I'd just add the vars to the classes I'm using ATM. Homebrew you know ;)

                ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <drew0500@...> wrote:

                You hit the nail on the head. Use vars. Though it would require a lot of work.

                On 9/24/2013 4:04 AM, arjan@... wrote:

                > How do I go about doing that?
                >

                > What pops to mind is making some VARs from which to calculate a BAB or save bonus. Which in turn can
                > be added via an abilty or hidden feat. Hmmmmmm.
                >

                > ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <darth.borehd@...> wrote:
                >
                > I don't think the 3.5 or Pathfinder rules use fractional base attack or saves. I remember several
                > people making joke builds of 20th level characters with +0 base attack.
                >
                > Yes, you can calculate the formula for it, but by default, the game drops all fractions.
                >
                > On 23 September 2013 07:48, Andrew <drew0500@... <mailto:drew0500@...>> wrote:
                >
                > __
                >

                > By default, no.
                >
                > You could implement it though.
                >
                > You're welcome,
                >
                > Andrew
                >

                > On 9/23/2013 2:59 AM, arjan@... <mailto:arjan@...> wrote:
                > >

                > > What is says on the tin. Does PCGen support fractional BAB and saves? It came up when making a
                > > character with various classes and prestige classes with the same save/BAB progression.
                > >

                > > Thanx,
                > >
                > > Arjan

              • Jason D
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 26, 2013
                  I did the fractional bonuses a while ago and recently updated them for version 6, so I uploaded them to the files section. Admins, I apologize if that's not allowed, but since it's all SRD stuff I figured it shouldn't be a problem, and there's no point in everyone reinventing the wheel. If you have any questions about how it works, let me know.

                  Jason

                  Right. Well, lets get to work then. The workload should be low since I'd just add the vars to the classes I'm using ATM. Homebrew you know ;)

                  ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <drew0500@...> wrote:

                  You hit the nail on the head. Use vars. Though it would require a lot of work.

                  On 9/24/2013 4:04 AM, arjan@... wrote:

                  > How do I go about doing that?
                  >

                  > What pops to mind is making some VARs from which to calculate a BAB or save bonus. Which in turn can
                  > be added via an abilty or hidden feat. Hmmmmmm.
                  >

                  > ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <darth.borehd@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > I don't think the 3.5 or Pathfinder rules use fractional base attack or saves. I remember several
                  > people making joke builds of 20th level characters with +0 base attack.
                  >
                  > Yes, you can calculate the formula for it, but by default, the game drops all fractions.
                  >
                  > On 23 September 2013 07:48, Andrew <drew0500@... <mailto:drew0500@...>> wrote:
                  >
                  > __
                  >

                  > By default, no.
                  >
                  > You could implement it though.
                  >
                  > You're welcome,
                  >
                  > Andrew
                  >

                  > On 9/23/2013 2:59 AM, arjan@... <mailto:arjan@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > What is says on the tin. Does PCGen support fractional BAB and saves? It came up when making a
                  > > character with various classes and prestige classes with the same save/BAB progression.
                  > >

                  > > Thanx,
                  > >
                  > > Arjan

                • Jason D
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 26, 2013
                    Oh, forgot to mention I put them under the PCGenLstFile group's files, not the PCGen group's files (seemed more appropriate).

                    Jason

                    I did the fractional bonuses a while ago and recently updated them for version 6, so I uploaded them to the files section. Admins, I apologize if that's not allowed, but since it's all SRD stuff I figured it shouldn't be a problem, and there's no point in everyone reinventing the wheel. If you have any questions about how it works, let me know.

                    Jason

                    Right. Well, lets get to work then. The workload should be low since I'd just add the vars to the classes I'm using ATM. Homebrew you know ;)

                    ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <drew0500@...> wrote:

                    You hit the nail on the head. Use vars. Though it would require a lot of work.

                    On 9/24/2013 4:04 AM, arjan@... wrote:

                    > How do I go about doing that?
                    >

                    > What pops to mind is making some VARs from which to calculate a BAB or save bonus. Which in turn can
                    > be added via an abilty or hidden feat. Hmmmmmm.
                    >

                    > ---In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <darth.borehd@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > I don't think the 3.5 or Pathfinder rules use fractional base attack or saves. I remember several
                    > people making joke builds of 20th level characters with +0 base attack.
                    >
                    > Yes, you can calculate the formula for it, but by default, the game drops all fractions.
                    >
                    > On 23 September 2013 07:48, Andrew <drew0500@... <mailto:drew0500@...>> wrote:
                    >
                    > __
                    >

                    > By default, no.
                    >
                    > You could implement it though.
                    >
                    > You're welcome,
                    >
                    > Andrew
                    >

                    > On 9/23/2013 2:59 AM, arjan@... <mailto:arjan@...> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > What is says on the tin. Does PCGen support fractional BAB and saves? It came up when making a
                    > > character with various classes and prestige classes with the same save/BAB progression.
                    > >

                    > > Thanx,
                    > >
                    > > Arjan

                  • Matthew Thompson
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 27, 2013

                      Ok,
                        So I am trying to put in prepared spells for a Wizard, and the wizard has 4-5 Metamagic feats.  I want to add it in with a metamagic feat, but when I click the 'Add with metamagic' button, nothing happens.  Is this not implemented?

                      Matt
                    • James Dempsey
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 27, 2013
                        Hi Matt,

                        Yep that one is implemented and should be working. However I just tried it locally and it failed!

                        I'll patch it now and it will be available in tonight's autobuild or in 6.01.07.  I've raised issue CODE-2286 - "Add Spell With Metamagic Fails" to track the fix.

                        If you don't want to wait you can dodge the issue by updating the data files for the metamagic feats your character has and adding VISIBLE:YES to them. This should not be required, but the code was expecting it - bad code. :)

                        Out of interest what version of PCGen are you using?

                        Cheers,
                        James.

                        On 28/09/2013 9:43 AM Matthew Thompson wrote