status effects

  • billybrpwned
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 21, 2013
      is there a way to make custom status effects, for example I want to make up the tags such as grappled pinned sickened ect. I think I can just use spells as a workaround, but I was wondering if there was a proper way to do it
    • Maredudd
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 21, 2013
        Hi Billy!

        What GameMode are you working in?

        It sounds like you're looking for something like the "condition" concept. I don't remember if we have this implanted or not anywhere but if you look at the "Afflictions" in our PF gameMode you can get an idea of how to set conditions up".

        Maredudd

        On Sep 21, 2013, at 11:29 AM, "billybrpwned" <billybusbrown@...> wrote:

        is there a way to make custom status effects, for example I want to make up the tags such as grappled pinned sickened ect. I think I can just use spells as a workaround, but I was wondering if there was a proper way to do it

      • Billy Brown

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 21, 2013

            There are several status effects already set up as templates. If what you're looking for isn't there, that's what I'd focus on.

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 21, 2013
              Yea, look under Temporary Bonuses tab. Then Conditions. Many of the
              conditions are there.

              -- david
              Papa.DRB

              My better half and me (jpg)

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 21, 2013
                  Did you put them in a separate file? If yes, did you update the .pcc
                  file to point to the new file?

                  -- david
                  Papa.DRB

                  My better half and me (jpg)

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 21, 2013
                      You want it to appear under conditionals?

                      Place it in a template file.

                      Cheers,

                      Andrew

                      On 9/21/2013 3:11 PM, Billy Brown wrote:

                      > new file, and the .pcc points to it. It shows up under templates instead of conditionals, if I make
                      > it visible, I just don't see a tag to make it show up under a conditions tab.
                      >

                      > On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@... <mailto:Papa.DRB@...>> wrote:
                      >
                      > __
                      >

                      > Did you put them in a separate file? If yes, did you update the .pcc
                      > file to point to the new file?
                      >

                      > -- david
                      > Papa.DRB
                      >
                      > My better half and me (jpg)

                      > Word of the Day (gif) <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38647997/Exhaustipated.gif>

                      > On 2013-09-21 Sat 03:37 PM, Billy Brown wrote:
                      > >

                      > > I began "programming" up the lst file for additional conditions using
                      > > the template format following the conventions and tags listed under
                      > > conditional templates lst file in pathfinder core, but they don't show
                      > > up under the temporary tab, is there anyway I can get them to show up
                      > > there or do i just have to suck it up?
                      > >

                      > > On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 2:22 PM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@... <mailto:Papa.DRB@...>
                      > > <mailto:Papa.DRB@... <mailto:Papa.DRB@...>>> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Yea, look under Temporary Bonuses tab. Then Conditions. Many of the
                      > > conditions are there.
                      > >
                      > > -- david
                      > > Papa.DRB
                      > >
                      > > My better half and me (jpg)
                      > > <https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610>
                      > >

                      > > Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith (video)
                      > > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhcfFekSbHQ&ob=av3e>
                      > > Word of the Day (gif)
                      > > <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38647997/Exhaustipated.gif>

                      > > For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't
                      > > believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)
                      > >

                      > > On 2013-09-21 Sat 02:11 PM, Scott Meyer wrote:
                      > > >

                      > > > There are several status effects already set up as templates. If
                      > > what
                      > > > you're looking for isn't there, that's what I'd focus on.
                      > > >
                      > > > Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                      > > > *From: * Billy Brown <billybusbrown@... <mailto:billybusbrown@...>
                      > > <mailto:billybusbrown@... <mailto:billybusbrown@...>>>;

                    • James Dempsey
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 21, 2013
                        Hi Billy,

                        You might have already got this, but to have something show up in the
                        temporary modifiers tab it needs to provide bonuses which use PREAPPLY
                        (up to 6.2.x) or TEMPBONUS (6.1.x or later only)

                        e.g. BONUS:CHECKS|ALL|1|TYPE=Insight|PREAPPLY:PC or
                        TEMPBONUS:PC|CHECKS|ALL|1|TYPE=Insight

                        Cheers,
                        James.

                        On 22/09/2013 8:24 AM Andrew wrote