[Bug?] Summary Pane not Updating

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2013
      Hi Folks!

      I'm running PCGen 6.1.6 on a Mac w/OSx 10.6.8 and Java 1.6.

      I've got a developmental gameMode and data set loaded, so my problem might be related to that.

      Problem: The Summary Pane does not update when data within it has been bonused.

      Specifically I have modified the PF summary sheet and customized it for my dev gamemode. I display a user-defined variable in the pane and when I use an ability to bonus that variable I have to save and reload the character before the summary pane will display the correct data. When I check the value of the variable in the debug window it shows the correct value.

      When looking at the standard summary sheets it looks like the sheets use hardcoded variables in the display. Does the code that supports the summary pane treat user variables differently?

      Any thoughts?

      Maredudd
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18, 2013
        Hi Eric,

        It is likely that the action you have taken simply has not triggered an update of the sheet. We don't have any restrictions on what is in the sheet, but as there is some expense to refreshing the sheet we have a list of actions which will trigger an update. I'd have to check the code to be sure.

        Cheers,
        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB

        On 19 September 2013 12:30, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
[...]