PCGen 6.01.06 (Alpha) Released!

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2013
      The PCGen team is pleased to announce the release of PCGen 6.01.06 Alpha.

      In this release the PCGen Team has added a number of new data sets to our distribution, including Paizo's Goblins of Golarion, Skulls & Shackles AP Player's Guide, Super Genius Games' Adventurer's Handbook, and WotC's Monster Manual II OGC. In addition to new data sets, a number of data and code bugs have been fixed as well as a number of "under-the-hood" changes made that improve the user experience. For the full detail on these and all other changes made in this alpha release check out the the full release notes here:

      http://softlayer-dal.dl.sourceforge.net/project/pcgen/PCGen%20Unstable/6.01.06%20Alpha/pcgen-release-notes-60106.html

      This release is an alpha release from the PCGen development branch to allow experimentation and testing of our latest work. Please give it a shot and let us know how it works for you. Bug reports are welcome and can be submitted at on this list.

      PCGen is a RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20 systems). All datafiles are ASCII so they can be modified by users for their own campaigns. Please join us at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/ or visit our website here, http://pcgen.sourceforge.net, and our wiki here, http://wiki.pcgen.org/Main_Page.

      PCGen Public Relations Team
    • Haymar Dur Taur
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2013
        Hi, i tried to make a new template for a werecreature and met with a
        strange thing.
        The Hybrid form i need is a large creature so i set the animalsize
        variable to 5.

        All seems to be ok when i apply it but, if i save the character and the
        reopen it it's size is changed to fine.
        I checked the vairable out with the debug console and the animalsize
        variable is rightly set to 5.0 but the Size variable is 0.0.

        I tried to make the same change to existing templates (the werebear for
        example) and again whe i apply the Lycanthrope (hybrid form) the
        werebear become large, but whe i reopen the file after saving (i always
        close everithing before reopening the character) the size is set to 0.0

        This happen both in the 6.1.0.5 and the 6.1.0.6 of pcgen.
        Can someone look in to this and tell me if it's normal behaviour or not?

        Thank you

        Ernesto Pantaleoni
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2013
          Hi Ernesto,

          That was a bug we fixed a few versions ago. If you grab the latest alpha it will work correctly. It is possible you will need to remove the template from the character and reapply it though.

          Cheers,
          James