Re: [pcgen] Re: Bonded Witch (Half-Elf Archetype)

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2013
      Hi Darth,

      The Bonded Object mechanism works differently for the Wizard than it does for the Witch, both within the rules and within PCGen.

      In the case of the Witch, the choice of Bonded Object effects the Spell castable, as a bonus spell, on a daily bases through the object. This means we need to drive and track the choice of Object so that the spells available are, well, available.

      For the Wizard, the choice of bonded object does not effect the outcome. The effect seen in the Witch is not relevant here as the wizard can select ANY spell in his spellbook. Because of this when a Wizard chooses the Arcane Bond/Bonded Object, we do not enforce object type selection. In this case, you will simply purchase the appropriate piece of equipment on the Inventory tab and customize it with the Bonded Object eqmod in the Equipment Customizer.

      On the Witches Bonded Item issue, I have a fix for the Items appearing but am now working on an issue with the DESC not showing the spells allowed. I'll work that this evening and try to get something committed. I understand a new DEV release is due out soon so when it does come out this fix will be included.

      Maredudd