RE: Re: [pcgen] Wayfinder Magazine

  • nylanfs
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013

      I agree with both Eric and Stefan. In my opinion this would qualify as a publisher.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <pcgen@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi Folks!

      I agree with Stefan. It looks like Wayfinder Magazine has a higher level of pedigree than your average run-of-mill fan material.

      I think we should take a closer look at this one.

      Eric

      On Sep 10, 2013, at 9:48 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      I'm hoping Paul will look into this.

      Here is the problem as I see it from past discussions:
      1) Fan based materials fall under the header of "It's not an official Publisher", so we can't get
      proper permission.
      2) It's against our policy to include homebrew/fan-based content -
      2a) Reason 1: We don't know if it's a knock off of closed content materials
      2b) Reason 2: Without proper permission you can run into legal issues - Star Wars, Kingdom Hearts,
      and any other popular franchise that has a fan base, require not only author permission but license
      holder permission to include their materials.

      Now, if #1 is circumvented cause Paizo has permission from the fans to use the material as they see
      fit, then we might have more leeway.

      Like I said, that is for the PR monkey team to look into, if they give the green light, then I have
      no problem including such materials in PCGen.

      If you want to share your materials, I'll toss it up along with my personal fan material on my own
      github. Cause, I enjoy materials that inspire me. My Kingdom Hearts Fan set has been a regular part
      of my campaigns for several years now. I use Heartless and Keyblades for my tabletop.