RE: Wayfinder Magazine

  • b4d4skiddlybee
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 9, 2013

      In terms of adding the wayfinder magazine as a source, that doesn't have to happen immediately, all I was specifically wanting to do was add the Magus Extempresario archetype from wayfinder #7. I watched some of Andrew's tutorial vids on youtube and that helped me enough to make it a separate, homebrew class entry.

      If anyone wants I can post the code. Everything seems to be working as planned. The Extempresario class is basically a spontaneous, CHA based Magus (a la sorceror) instead of the normal Magus being prepared and INT-based.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, <leewdowd@...> wrote:

      Since none of the authorities have addressed this yet (or at least there posts haven't showed up in my email list yet) I'll attempt to address this.

      It's very possible for you to add it.  However I doubt the codeing is trivial.  As far as adding it as a source you can request that and they will check with the copyright holders to make sure that it is ok with them to proceed.  If it is ok then it's added to the list of sources they can work on but since pcgen is a volenteer effort it will depend on someone deciding to do it.  I've seen them enter things very quickly in the past of vary slowly.  If you learn to code you can join the team and help code it up and that will likely see things progress faster.

      If you decide to do it they are very helpful on the email list dedicated to helping with such things.  Responses are ussually very quick and to the point.  It helps if the question is fairly precise and detailed.  Initial question should state what version of PcGen you are using and what data sets.  OS and java version can also be useful.

      Hope that helps.
      Lee

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013
        Hi,

        I'm hoping Paul will look into this.

        Here is the problem as I see it from past discussions:
        1) Fan based materials fall under the header of "It's not an official Publisher", so we can't get
        proper permission.
        2) It's against our policy to include homebrew/fan-based content -
        2a) Reason 1: We don't know if it's a knock off of closed content materials
        2b) Reason 2: Without proper permission you can run into legal issues - Star Wars, Kingdom Hearts,
        and any other popular franchise that has a fan base, require not only author permission but license
        holder permission to include their materials.

        Now, if #1 is circumvented cause Paizo has permission from the fans to use the material as they see
        fit, then we might have more leeway.

        Like I said, that is for the PR monkey team to look into, if they give the green light, then I have
        no problem including such materials in PCGen.

        If you want to share your materials, I'll toss it up along with my personal fan material on my own
        github. Cause, I enjoy materials that inspire me. My Kingdom Hearts Fan set has been a regular part
        of my campaigns for several years now. I use Heartless and Keyblades for my tabletop.

        On 9/6/2013 1:04 PM, b4d4skiddlybee@... wrote:

        > I have searched through the messages on this yahoo groups but was unable to find anything
        > referencing the wayfinder magazines, and as far as I know, those are not available sources for
        > pathfinder in PCGen.
        >
        > These are "created for the fans by the fans," basically an expansion pack for your pathfinder
        > campaign setting. They are all free to download here at http://paizo.com/companies/paizoFansUnited
        >
        > What I'm wondering is if there are any future plans to maybe integrate these into PCGen, or if there
        > is a way I could add them myself.
        >
        > What I'm specifically looking to is add the "Extempresario," a Magus archetype from wayfinder #7 (of
        > magic and mettle) http://paizo.com/products/btpy8yph?Wayfinder-7
        >
        > It turns the Magus from a prepared spellcaster into a spontaneous spellcaster. And I would love to
        > put this archetype into PCGen.
        >
        > So if there is any way to help me out on getting this to happen, that would be awesome!If the only
        > way to do this is through the text editor and making it homebrew, that's okay. I just need a step in
        > the right direction. I was able to figure out how to add a custom oracle curse, so I'm not a total
        > noob :)

      • Stefan Radermacher
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013
          Well, Wayfinder is more that your standard fan material, and is fully
          endorsed by Paizo. Wayfinder material typically even uses IP material by
          Paizo and is allowed to do so by conforming to the Paizo Community Use
          Policy. Various authors that write for Paizo have also contributed to
          Wayfinder.

          So, altogether I think there should be no real barriers to including
          Wayfinder material. Of course we should make it clear that it is not
          Paizo material. Wayfinder is listed on the Paizo website under the
          publisher name of "Paizo Fans United", and the magazines are mostly
          organized by Paizo employee Liz Courts.

          Regards
          Stefan

          On 09/10/13 15:48, Andrew wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I'm hoping Paul will look into this.
          >
          > Here is the problem as I see it from past discussions:
          > 1) Fan based materials fall under the header of "It's not an official Publisher", so we can't get
          > proper permission.
          > 2) It's against our policy to include homebrew/fan-based content -
          > 2a) Reason 1: We don't know if it's a knock off of closed content materials
          > 2b) Reason 2: Without proper permission you can run into legal issues - Star Wars, Kingdom Hearts,
          > and any other popular franchise that has a fan base, require not only author permission but license
          > holder permission to include their materials.
          >
          > Now, if #1 is circumvented cause Paizo has permission from the fans to use the material as they see
          > fit, then we might have more leeway.
          >
          > Like I said, that is for the PR monkey team to look into, if they give the green light, then I have
          > no problem including such materials in PCGen.
          >
          > If you want to share your materials, I'll toss it up along with my personal fan material on my own
          > github. Cause, I enjoy materials that inspire me. My Kingdom Hearts Fan set has been a regular part
          > of my campaigns for several years now. I use Heartless and Keyblades for my tabletop.
          >
          > On 9/6/2013 1:04 PM, b4d4skiddlybee@... wrote:
          >>

          >> I have searched through the messages on this yahoo groups but was unable to find anything
          >> referencing the wayfinder magazines, and as far as I know, those are not available sources for
          >> pathfinder in PCGen.
          >>
          >> These are "created for the fans by the fans," basically an expansion pack for your pathfinder
          >> campaign setting. They are all free to download here at http://paizo.com/companies/paizoFansUnited
          >>
          >> What I'm wondering is if there are any future plans to maybe integrate these into PCGen, or if there
          >> is a way I could add them myself.
          >>
          >> What I'm specifically looking to is add the "Extempresario," a Magus archetype from wayfinder #7 (of
          >> magic and mettle) http://paizo.com/products/btpy8yph?Wayfinder-7
          >>
          >> It turns the Magus from a prepared spellcaster into a spontaneous spellcaster. And I would love to
          >> put this archetype into PCGen.
          >>
          >> So if there is any way to help me out on getting this to happen, that would be awesome!If the only
          >> way to do this is through the text editor and making it homebrew, that's okay. I just need a step in
          >> the right direction. I was able to figure out how to add a custom oracle curse, so I'm not a total
          >> noob :)

        • Maredudd
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013
            Hi Folks!

            I agree with Stefan. It looks like Wayfinder Magazine has a higher level of pedigree than your average run-of-mill fan material.

            I think we should take a closer look at this one.

            Eric

            On Sep 10, 2013, at 9:48 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

            Hi,

            I'm hoping Paul will look into this.

            Here is the problem as I see it from past discussions:
            1) Fan based materials fall under the header of "It's not an official Publisher", so we can't get
            proper permission.
            2) It's against our policy to include homebrew/fan-based content -
            2a) Reason 1: We don't know if it's a knock off of closed content materials
            2b) Reason 2: Without proper permission you can run into legal issues - Star Wars, Kingdom Hearts,
            and any other popular franchise that has a fan base, require not only author permission but license
            holder permission to include their materials.

            Now, if #1 is circumvented cause Paizo has permission from the fans to use the material as they see
            fit, then we might have more leeway.

            Like I said, that is for the PR monkey team to look into, if they give the green light, then I have
            no problem including such materials in PCGen.

            If you want to share your materials, I'll toss it up along with my personal fan material on my own
            github. Cause, I enjoy materials that inspire me. My Kingdom Hearts Fan set has been a regular part
            of my campaigns for several years now. I use Heartless and Keyblades for my tabletop.

            On 9/6/2013 1:04 PM, b4d4skiddlybee@... wrote:

            > I have searched through the messages on this yahoo groups but was unable to find anything
            > referencing the wayfinder magazines, and as far as I know, those are not available sources for
            > pathfinder in PCGen.
            >
            > These are "created for the fans by the fans," basically an expansion pack for your pathfinder
            > campaign setting. They are all free to download here at http://paizo.com/companies/paizoFansUnited
            >
            > What I'm wondering is if there are any future plans to maybe integrate these into PCGen, or if there
            > is a way I could add them myself.
            >
            > What I'm specifically looking to is add the "Extempresario," a Magus archetype from wayfinder #7 (of
            > magic and mettle) http://paizo.com/products/btpy8yph?Wayfinder-7
            >
            > It turns the Magus from a prepared spellcaster into a spontaneous spellcaster. And I would love to
            > put this archetype into PCGen.
            >
            > So if there is any way to help me out on getting this to happen, that would be awesome!If the only
            > way to do this is through the text editor and making it homebrew, that's okay. I just need a step in
            > the right direction. I was able to figure out how to add a custom oracle curse, so I'm not a total
            > noob :)

          • b4d4skiddlybee
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013

              I'm hoping Paul will look into this.<br>
              Here is the problem as I see it from past discussions:<br>
              1) Fan based materials fall under the header of "It's not an official Publisher", so we can't get<br>
              proper permission.<br>
              2) It's against our policy to include homebrew/fan-based content -<br>
              2a) Reason 1: We don't know if it's a knock off of closed content materials<br>
              2b) Reason 2: Without proper permission you can run into legal issues - Star Wars, Kingdom Hearts,<br>
              and any other popular franchise that has a fan base, require not only author permission but license<br>
              holder permission to include their materials.<br>
              Now, if #1 is circumvented cause Paizo has permission from the fans to use the material as they see<br>
              fit, then we might have more leeway.<br>
              Like I said, that is for the PR monkey team to look into, if they give the green light, then I have<br>
              no problem including such materials in PCGen.<br>
              If you want to share your materials, I'll toss it up along with my personal fan material on my own<br>
              github. Cause, I enjoy materials that inspire me. My Kingdom Hearts Fan set has been a regular part<br>
              of my campaigns for several years now. I use Heartless and Keyblades for my tabletop.<br>
              > I have searched through the messages on this yahoo groups but was unable to find anything<br>
              > referencing the wayfinder magazines, and as far as I know, those are not available sources for<br>
              > pathfinder in PCGen.<br>
              > These are "created for the fans by the fans," basically an expansion pack for your pathfinder<br>
              > campaign setting. They are all free to download here at <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://paizo.com/companies/paizoFansUnited">http://paizo.com/companies/paizoFansUnited</a><br>
              > What I'm wondering is if there are any future plans to maybe integrate these into PCGen, or if there<br>
              > is a way I could add them myself.<br>
              > What I'm specifically looking to is add the "Extempresario," a Magus archetype from wayfinder #7 (of<br>
              > magic and mettle) <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://paizo.com/products/btpy8yph?Wayfinder-7">http://paizo.com/products/btpy8yph?Wayfinder-7</a><br>
              > It turns the Magus from a prepared spellcaster into a spontaneous spellcaster. And I would love to<br>
              > put this archetype into PCGen.<br>
              > So if there is any way to help me out on getting this to happen, that would be awesome!If the only<br>
              > way to do this is through the text editor and making it homebrew, that's okay. I just need a step in<br>
              > the right direction. I was able to figure out how to add a custom oracle curse, so I'm not a total<br>
              > noob :)<br>

              ----------

              #Favored Classes
              # Ability Name Category of Ability Type Visible Stackable? Multiple? Bonus to Ability Pool
              Extempresario CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:FavoredClass VISIBLE:DISPLAY STACK:NO MULT:NO BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Favored Class Bonus|var("CL=Extempresario")

              CATEGORY=Internal|Archetype Display.MOD ABILITY:Extempresario Archetype|AUTOMATIC|Archetype Extempresario|PRECLASS:1,Extempresario=1
              Archetype Extempresario CATEGORY:Archetype TYPE:ExtempresarioArchetype VISIBLE:NO

              #Extempresario class features
              # Ability Name Unique Key Category of Ability Type Visible Define Description Ability Bonus to Ability Pool Modify VAR Source Page Aspects
              Armor Proficiency KEY:Armor Proficiency ~ Extempresario CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Extraordinary DEFINE:ExtempresarioArmorProficiencyLVL|0 DESC:You can cast Extempresario spells while wearing light armor without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance. Like any other arcane spellcaster, a Extempresario wearing medium armor, heavy armor, or a shield incurs a chance of arcane spell failure if the spell in question has a somatic component. A multiclass Extempresario still incurs the normal arcane spell failure chance for arcane spells received from other classes.|PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArmorProficiencyLVL,1|PREVARLT:ExtempresarioArmorProficiencyLVL,7 DESC:You can cast Extempresario spells while wearing light or medium armor without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance. Like any other arcane spellcaster, a Extempresario wearing heavy armor or using a shield incurs a chance of arcane spell failure if the spell in question has a somatic component.|PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArmorProficiencyLVL,7|PREVARLT:ExtempresarioArmorProficiencyLVL,13 DESC:You can cast Extempresario spells while wearing light, medium, or heavy armor without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance. Like any other arcane spellcaster, a Extempresario using a shield incurs a chance of arcane spell failure if the spell in question has a somatic component.|PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArmorProficiencyLVL,13
              Arcane Pool KEY:Arcane Pool ~ Extempresario CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Supernatural DEFINE:ExtempresarioArcanePoolLVL|0 DEFINE:ExtempresarioArcanePool|0 DEFINE:ExtempresarioArcanePoolBonus|0 DESC:You have a reservoir of mystical arcane energy that you draw upon to fuel your powers and enhance your weapon. This arcane pool has %1 points. The pool refreshes once per day when you prepare your spells. You can expend 1 point from your arcane pool as a swift action to grant any weapon you are holding a +%2 enhancement bonus for 1 minute. These bonuses can be added to the weapon, stacking with existing weapon enhancement to a maximum of +5. Multiple uses of this ability do not stack with themselves.|ExtempresarioArcanePool|ExtempresarioArcanePoolBonus DESC:These bonuses can be also used to add any of the following weapon properties: Dancing, Flaming, Flaming Burst, Frost, Icy Burst, Keen, Shock, Shocking Burst, Speed, or Vorpal. Adding these properties consumes an amount of bonus equal to the property's base price modifier. These properties are added to any the weapon already has, but duplicates do not stack. If the weapon is not magical, at least a +1 enhancement bonus must be added before any other properties can be added. These bonuses and properties are decided when the arcane pool point is spent and cannot be changed until the next time you use this ability. These bonuses do not function if the weapon is wielded by anyone other than you. You can only enhance one weapon in this way at one time. If you use this ability again, the first use immediately ends.|PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanePoolLVL,5 BONUS:VAR|ExtempresarioArcanePool|max(floor(ExtempresarioArcanePoolLVL/2),1)+CHA BONUS:VAR|ExtempresarioArcanePoolBonus|min(1+((ExtempresarioArcanePoolLVL-1)/4),5) SOURCEPAGE:p.9 ASPECT:CheckCount|%1|ExtempresarioArcanePool ASPECT:CheckType|Uses per Day ASPECT:Ability Benefit|(%1/day)|ExtempresarioArcanePool
              Cantrips KEY:Cantrips ~ Extempresario CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality DESC:Like a standard magus, an extempresario learns a number of cantrips, or 0-level spells. These spells are cast like any other extempresario spell, but they do not consume any slots and may be used again. This replaces the standard magus cantrips ability.
              Spell Combat KEY:Spell Combat ~ Extempresario CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Internal.ClassAbility VISIBLE:NO ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Spell Combat Output|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Improved Spell Combat ~ Extempresario,Greater Spell Combat ~ Extempresario,True Extempresario ~ Extempresario
              Spell Combat KEY:Spell Combat Output CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary DESC:You can cast spells and wield your weapons at the same time. This functions much like two-weapon fighting, but the offhand weapon is a spell that is being cast. To use this ability, you must have one hand free (even if the spell being cast does not have somatic components), while wielding a light or one-handed melee weapon in the other hand. As a full-round action, you can make all of your attacks with your melee weapon at a -2 penalty and can also cast any spell from the Extempresario spell list with a casting time of 1 standard action (any attack roll made as part of this spell also takes this penalty). If you cast this spell defensively, you can decide to take an additional penalty on your attack rolls, up to your Charisma bonus, and add the same amount as a circumstance bonus on your concentration check. If the check fails, the spell is wasted, but the attacks still take the penalty. You can choose to cast the spell first or make the weapon attacks first, but if you have more than one attack, you cannot cast the spell between weapon attacks.
              Spellstrike KEY:Spellstrike ~ Extempresario CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary DESC:Whenever you cast a spell with a range of "touch" from the Extempresario spell list, you can deliver the spell through any weapon you are wielding as part of a melee attack. Instead of the free melee touch attack normally allowed to deliver the spell, a Extempresario can make one free melee attack with his weapon (at his highest base attack bonus) as part of casting this spell. If successful, this melee attack deals its normal damage as well as the effects of the spell. If you make this attack in concert with spell combat, this melee attack takes all the penalties accrued by spell combat melee attacks. This attack uses the weapon's critical range (20, 19-20, or 18-20 and modified by the keen weapon property or similar effects), but the spell effect only deals x2 damage on a successful critical hit, while the weapon damage uses its own critical modifier.
              Extempresario Arcana KEY:Extempresario Arcana ~ Extempresario CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Internal.ClassAbility VISIBLE:NO DEFINE:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL|0 BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Extempresario Arcana|ExtempresarioArcanaLVL/3
              Spell Reserves KEY:Spell Reserves ~ Extempresario CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Internal.ClassAbility VISIBLE:NO ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Spell Reserves Output|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Improved Spell Reserves ~ Extempresario
              Spell Reserves KEY:Spell Reserves Output CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Supernatural DESC:At 4th level, the extempresario may use a swift action to prepare an extempresario spell that she knows as a reserve spell by expending a number of points from her arcane pool equal to the spell�s level (minimum 1). Casting a reserve spell does not count against the extempresario�s spells per day. The extempresario may also apply any applicable metamagic or similar arcana that duplicates the effect of a metamagic feat that she knows to this spell by expending an additional number points from her of arcane pool equal to the sum of the spell�s modified spell level from each metamagic arcana plus 1 point per metamagic arcana added. She cannot spend more additional points from her arcane pool on spell reserves than � her extempresario level. She may retain any prepared reserve spells indefinitely, but the arcane pool points spent count against her daily limit until either the reserve spell is cast or the extempresario next rests. This replaces spell recall.
              Knowledge Pool KEY:Knowledge Pool ~ Extempresario CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Supernatural DESC:At 7th level, when an extempresario rests, she can expend a number of points from her arcane pool up to her Charisma bonus to temporarily add additional spells known, chosen from the standard magus spell list. Adding a spell to the extempresario�s spells known for the day costs a number of points from her arcane pool equal to the spell level. For each point expended, she gains 1 spell level worth of spells. For example, if she spends 4 points, she may chose two 2nd level spells, or one 1st level and one 3rd level spell. She cannot use knowledge pool to gain a higher level spell than she can cast. A cantrip is treated as 1 spell level. She treats these temporary spells as if they were spells she normally knows, retaining them until she next rests, when they are forgotten. She casts these temporary spells as any other spell known, including casting them using her spell reserves ability. However, she may not expend addition points to add metamagic arcana effects to these temporarily known spells. This replaces the standard knowledge pool.
              Improved Spell Combat KEY:Improved Spell Combat ~ Extempresario CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Internal.ClassAbility VISIBLE:NO ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Improved Spell Combat Output|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Greater Spell Combat ~ Extempresario,True Extempresario ~ Extempresario
              Improved Spell Combat KEY:Improved Spell Combat Output CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary DESC:You can cast spells and wield your weapons at the same time. This functions much like two-weapon fighting, but the offhand weapon is a spell that is being cast. To use this ability, you must have one hand free, while wielding a light or one-handed melee weapon in the other hand. As a full-round action, you can make all of your attacks with your melee weapon at a -2 penalty. You can also cast any spell from the Extempresario spell list with a casting time of 1 standard action. When using the spell combat ability, you receive a +2 circumstance bonus on concentration check. If you cast this spell defensively, you can decide to take an additional penalty on your attack rolls, up to your Charisma bonus, and add the same amount as an additional circumstance bonus to your concentration check. If the check fails, the spell is wasted, but the attacks still take the penalty. You can choose to cast the spell first or make the weapon attacks first, but if you have more than one attack, you cannot cast the spell between weapon attacks. You must have one hand free to use this ability, even if the spell being cast does not contain somatic components.
              Fighter Training KEY:Fighter Training ~ Extempresario CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Extraordinary DEFINE:ExtempresarioFighterTrainingLVL|0 DESC:You count 1/2 your total Extempresario level as your fighter level for the purpose of qualifying for feats. If you have levels in fighter, these levels stack. ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Critical Mastery Qualify|Fighter Level Advanced Feat Tracker|Greater Penetrating Strike Qualify|Greater Shield Focus Qualify|Greater Weapon Focus Qualify|Greater Weapon Specialization Qualify|Penetrating Strike Qualify|Spellbreaker Qualify|Weapon Specialization Qualify BONUS:VAR|FighterLVL|ExtempresarioFighterTrainingLVL/2 SOURCEPAGE:p.13
              Improved Spell Reserves KEY:Improved Spell Reserves ~ Extempresario CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Internal.ClassAbility VISIBLE:NO ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Improved Spell Reserves Output
              Improved Spell Reserves KEY:Improved Spell Reserves Output CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Supernatural DESC:At 11th level, the extempresario�s ability to recall spells using her arcane pool becomes more efficient. Whenever she prepares a spell with spell reserves, she expends a number of points from her arcane pool equal to � the spell�s total level (minimum 1), including any extra effective spell levels added by each metamagic arcana. The extempresario still adds 1 additional arcane point per every metamagic arcana added. This replaces improved spell recall.
              #NEEDS CODE/DATA WORK: Not implemented
              Greater Spell Combat KEY:Greater Spell Combat ~ Extempresario CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Internal.ClassAbility VISIBLE:NO ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Greater Spell Combat Output|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,True Extempresario ~ Extempresario
              Greater Spell Combat KEY:Greater Spell Combat Output CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary DESC:You can seamlessly cast spells and wield your weapons effectively at the same time. This functions much like two-weapon fighting, but the offhand weapon is a spell that is being cast. To use this ability, you must have one hand free, while wielding a light or one-handed melee weapon in the other hand. As a full-round action, you can make all of your attacks with your melee weapon at a -2 penalty. You can also cast any spell from the Extempresario spell list with a casting time of 1 standard action. When using the spell combat ability, you receive a +2 circumstance bonus on concentration check. If you cast this spell defensively, you can decide to take an additional penalty on your attack rolls, up to your Charisma bonus, and add double the same amount as an additional circumstance bonus to your concentration check. If the check fails, the spell is wasted, but the attacks still take the penalty. You can choose to cast the spell first or make the weapon attacks first, but if you have more than one attack, you cannot cast the spell between weapon attacks. You must have one hand free to use this ability, even if the spell being cast does not contain somatic components.
              Counterstrike KEY:Counterstrike ~ Extempresario CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary DESC:Whenever an enemy within your reach successfully casts a spell defensively, that enemy provokes an attack of opportunity from you after the spell is complete. This attack of opportunity cannot disrupt the spell.
              Greater Spell Access KEY:Greater Spell Access ~ Extempresario CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Supernatural DESC:You gain access to an expanded spell list. You learn and place 14 spells from the wizard's spell list into your spellbook as Extempresario spells of their wizard level. You gain two of each of the following wizard spells not on the Extempresario spell list: 0-level, 1st-level, 2nd-level, 3rd-level, 4th-level, 5th-level, and 6th-level. You can ignore the somatic component of these spells, casting them without the normal chance of spell failure.
              True Extempresario KEY:True Extempresario ~ Extempresario CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary DESC:You are a master of spells and combat. You can cast spells and wield your weapons effectively at the same time. This functions much like two-weapon fighting, but the offhand weapon is a spell that is being cast. To use this ability, you must have one hand free, while wielding a light or one-handed melee weapon in the other hand. As a full-round action, you can make all of your attacks with your melee weapon without penalty. You can also cast any spell with a casting time of 1 standard action from the Extempresario spell list. You can choose to cast the spell first or make the weapon attacks first, but you cannot cast the spell between weapon attacks if you have more than one attack. You don not need to make a concentration check to cast the spell defensively. You must have one hand free to use this ability, even if the spell being cast does not contain somatic components. Whenever you use spell combat and your spell targets the same creature as your melee attacks, you can choose to either increase the DC to resist the spell by +2, grant yourself a +2 circumstance bonus on any checks made to overcome spell resistance, or grant yourself a +2 circumstance bonus on all attack rolls made against the target during your turn.

              #Archetype Support
              # Ability Name Define Bonus to Ability Pool Modify VAR
              CATEGORY=Special Ability|Extempresario Arcana ~ Extempresario.MOD DEFINE:MagnusArcanaCount|0 BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Extempresario Arcana|-1|PREVARGTEQ:MagnusArcanaCount,1|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,MagnusArcana3 BONUS:VAR|MagnusArcanaCount|ExtempresarioArcanaLVL/3
              CATEGORY=Special Ability|Extempresario Arcana ~ Extempresario.MOD BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Extempresario Arcana|-1|PREVARGTEQ:MagnusArcanaCount,2|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,MagnusArcana6
              CATEGORY=Special Ability|Extempresario Arcana ~ Extempresario.MOD BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Extempresario Arcana|-1|PREVARGTEQ:MagnusArcanaCount,3|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,MagnusArcana9
              CATEGORY=Special Ability|Extempresario Arcana ~ Extempresario.MOD BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Extempresario Arcana|-1|PREVARGTEQ:MagnusArcanaCount,4|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,MagnusArcana12
              CATEGORY=Special Ability|Extempresario Arcana ~ Extempresario.MOD BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Extempresario Arcana|-1|PREVARGTEQ:MagnusArcanaCount,5|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,MagnusArcana15
              CATEGORY=Special Ability|Extempresario Arcana ~ Extempresario.MOD BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Extempresario Arcana|-1|PREVARGTEQ:MagnusArcanaCount,6|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,MagnusArcana18

              #Extempresario Arcana
              # Ability Name Unique Key Category of Ability Type Restricted Ability Var. Min. Value Var. Must Be Lower Define Description Stackable? Multiple? Choose Combat bonus Modify VAR Allow Follower Allowed Companions
              Arcane Accuracy KEY:Arcane Accuracy ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana DEFINE:ArcaneAccuracyMod|0 DESC:You can expend 1 point from your arcane pool as a swift action to grant yourself a +%1 insight bonus on all attack rolls until the end of your turn.|ArcaneAccuracyMod BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|ArcaneAccuracyMod|TYPE=Insight|PREAPPLY:PC BONUS:VAR|ArcaneAccuracyMod|CHA
              Broad Study KEY:Broad Study ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana !PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Broad Study ~ Extempresario Arcana PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,6 DESC:You can use your spellstrike and spell combat abilities while casting or using spells from the spell list of another class. This does not allow you to cast arcane spells from that class's spell list without suffering the normal chances of arcane spell failure, unless the spell lacks somatic components. STACK:NO MULT:YES CHOOSE:CLASS|SPELLCASTER
              Close Range KEY:Close Range ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:You can deliver ray spells that feature a ranged touch attack as melee touch spells. You can use a ranged touch attack spell that targets more than one creature (such as Scorching Ray), but you make only one melee touch attack to deliver one of these ranged touch effects; additional ranged touch attacks from that spell are wasted and have no effect. These spells can be used with the spellstrike class feature.
              Concentrate KEY:Concentrate ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:You can reroll any concentration check you have just made with a +4 bonus. You must use this ability after the roll is made, but before the roll's outcome is determined. You must take the second roll, even if it is worse. You can use this ability once per day.
              Critical Strike KEY:Critical Strike ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,12 DESC:Whenever you score a critical hit with a melee weapon, you may cast a spell with a range of touch as a swift action, then make a touch with that spell attack against the target of the critical hit as a free action. You can use this ability once per day.
              Dispelling Strike KEY:Dispelling Strike ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,9 DESC:You can spend 1 or more points from your arcane pool as a swift action to imbue your weapon with a special power. If the weapon strikes a creature within the next minute, that creature is the subject of a targeted Dispel Magic using your level as the caster level, except that this effect cannot dispel a spell of a level higher than the number of arcane pool points expended to activate this ability (treat higher-level spells as if they do not exist and apply the dispel attempt to the remaining spells with the highest caster level). Once the strike is made, the power dissipates, even if the dispel attempt is unsuccessful.
              Empowered Magic KEY:Empowered Magic ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,6 DESC:You can cast one spell per day as if it were modified by the Empower Spell feat. This does not increase the casting time or the level of the spell.
              Familiar KEY:Familiar ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana PREVARLT:FamiliarNotAllowed,1 DEFINE:FamiliarLVL|ExtempresarioArcanaLVL DESC:You gain a familiar, using your Extempresario level as your effective wizard level. This familiar follows the rules for familiars presented in the arcane bond wizard class feature. FOLLOWERS:Familiar|1 COMPANIONLIST:Familiar|Familiar (Bat),Familiar (Cat),Familiar (Hawk),Familiar (Lizard),Familiar (Monkey),Familiar (Owl),Familiar (Rat),Familiar (Raven),Familiar (Toad),Familiar (Viper),Familiar (Weasel)
              Hasted Assault KEY:Hasted Assault ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,9 DEFINE:HastedAssaultDuration|0 DESC:You can expend 1 point from your arcane pool as a swift action to move more quickly. This functions as Haste, but it only targets you and lasts for %1 rounds.|HastedAssaultDuration BONUS:VAR|HastedAssaultDuration|CHA
              Maneuver Mastery (Bull Rush) KEY:Maneuver Mastery Bull Rush ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:You have mastered the bull rush combat maneuver. Whenever you attempt a bull rush maneuver, you use your Extempresario level in place of your base attack bonus (in addition to any base attack bonus gained from other classes). BONUS:VAR|CMB_BullRush|ExtempresarioArcanaLVL-floor(var("CL=Extempresario")*3/4)
              Maneuver Mastery (Disarm) KEY:Maneuver Mastery Disarm ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:You have mastered the disarm combat maneuver. Whenever you attempt a disarm maneuver, you use your Extempresario level in place of your base attack bonus (in addition to any base attack bonus gained from other classes). BONUS:VAR|CMB_Disarm|ExtempresarioArcanaLVL-floor(var("CL=Extempresario")*3/4)
              Maneuver Mastery (Grapple) KEY:Maneuver Mastery Grapple ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:You have mastered the grapple combat maneuver. Whenever you attempt a grapple maneuver, you use your Extempresario level in place of your base attack bonus (in addition to any base attack bonus gained from other classes). BONUS:VAR|CMB_Grapple|ExtempresarioArcanaLVL-floor(var("CL=Extempresario")*3/4)
              Maneuver Mastery (Overrun) KEY:Maneuver Mastery Overrun ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:You have mastered the overrun combat maneuver. Whenever you attempt a overrun maneuver, you use your Extempresario level in place of your base attack bonus (in addition to any base attack bonus gained from other classes). BONUS:VAR|CMB_Overrun|ExtempresarioArcanaLVL-floor(var("CL=Extempresario")*3/4)
              Maneuver Mastery (Sunder) KEY:Maneuver Mastery Sunder ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:You have mastered the sunder combat maneuver. Whenever you attempt a sunder maneuver, you use your Extempresario level in place of your base attack bonus (in addition to any base attack bonus gained from other classes). BONUS:VAR|CMB_Sunder|ExtempresarioArcanaLVL-floor(var("CL=Extempresario")*3/4)
              Maneuver Mastery (Trip) KEY:Maneuver Mastery Trip ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:You have mastered the trip combat maneuver. Whenever you attempt a trip combat maneuver, you use your Extempresario level in place of your base attack bonus (in addition to any base attack bonus gained from other classes). BONUS:VAR|CMB_Trip|ExtempresarioArcanaLVL-floor(var("CL=Extempresario")*3/4)
              Maneuver Mastery (Dirty Trick) KEY:Maneuver Mastery Dirty Trick ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:You have mastered the dirty trick combat maneuver. Whenever you attempt a dirty trick combat maneuver, you use your Extempresario level in place of your base attack bonus (in addition to any base attack bonus gained from other classes). BONUS:VAR|CMB_DirtyTrick|ExtempresarioArcanaLVL-floor(var("CL=Extempresario")*3/4)
              Maneuver Mastery (Drag) KEY:Maneuver Mastery Drag ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:You have mastered the drag combat maneuver. Whenever you attempt a drag combat maneuver, you use your Extempresario level in place of your base attack bonus (in addition to any base attack bonus gained from other classes). BONUS:VAR|CMB_Drag|ExtempresarioArcanaLVL-floor(var("CL=Extempresario")*3/4)
              Maneuver Mastery (Reposition) KEY:Maneuver Mastery Reposition ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:You have mastered the reposition combat maneuver. Whenever you attempt a reposition combat maneuver, you use your Extempresario level in place of your base attack bonus (in addition to any base attack bonus gained from other classes). BONUS:VAR|CMB_Reposition|ExtempresarioArcanaLVL-floor(var("CL=Extempresario")*3/4)
              Maneuver Mastery (Steal) KEY:Maneuver Mastery Steal ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:You have mastered the steal combat maneuver. Whenever you attempt a steal combat maneuver, you use your Extempresario level in place of your base attack bonus (in addition to any base attack bonus gained from other classes). BONUS:VAR|CMB_Steal|ExtempresarioArcanaLVL-floor(var("CL=Extempresario")*3/4)
              Maximized Magic KEY:Maximized Magic ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,12 DESC:You can cast one spell per day as if it were modified by the Maximize Spell feat. This does not increase the casting time or the level of the spell.
              Pool Strike KEY:Pool Strike ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana DEFINE:ExtempresarioPoolStrikeDamageDice|0 DESC:You can expend 1 point from your arcane pool as a standard action to charge your free hand with energy. You can make a melee touch attack with that hand as a free action as part of activating this ability. If the touch attack hits, it releases the charge and deals %1d6 points of energy damage (acid, cold, electricity, or fire, chosen when he spends the arcane pool point to activate this ability). You can use this ability with the spellstrike class feature. If you miss with this attack, you can hold the charge for up to 1 minute before it dissipates.|ExtempresarioPoolStrikeDamageDice BONUS:VAR|ExtempresarioPoolStrikeDamageDice|floor(ExtempresarioArcanaLVL/3)+1
              Quickened Magic KEY:Quickened Magic ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,15 DESC:You can cast one spell per day as if it were modified by the Quicken Spell feat. This does not increase the level of the spell.
              Reflection KEY:Reflection ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,15 DESC:You can sacrifice 1 or more points from your arcane pool as an immediate action to reflect a spell back at its caster. This functions as Spell Turning, but only if the targeted spell is of a level equal to or lower than the number of points expended. If insufficient points are expended, they instead grant an insight bonus on any saving throws allowed by the spell, equal to the number of points spent.
              Silent Magic KEY:Silent Magic ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:You can cast one spell per day as if it were modified by the Silent Spell feat. This does not increase the casting time or the level of the spell.
              #NEEDS CODE/DATA WORK: Not implemented
              Spell Blending KEY:Spell Blending ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:You select one spell from the wizard spell list that is of a Extempresario spell level you can cast. You add this spell to your spellbook and list of Extempresario spells known as a Extempresario spell of its wizard spell level. You can instead select two spells to add in this way, but both must be at least one level lower than the highest-level Extempresario spell you can cast. You can select this Extempresario arcana more than once.
              Spell Shield KEY:Spell Shield ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana DEFINE:SpellShieldBonus|0 DESC:You can expend a points from your arcane pool as an immediate action to grant yourself a +%1 shield bonus to AC until the end of your next turn.|SpellShieldBonus BONUS:COMBAT|AC|SpellShieldBonus|TYPE=Shield BONUS:VAR|SpellShieldBonus|CHA
              Still Magic KEY:Still Magic ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:You can cast one spell per day as if it were modified by the Still Spell feat. This does not increase the casting time or the level of the spell.
              Wand Mastery KEY:Wand Mastery ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialQuality.Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:When you use a wand, you calculates the DC for any spell it contains using your Charisma modifier, instead of the minimum modifier needed to cast a spell of that level.
              Wand Wielder KEY:Wand Wielder ~ Extempresario Arcana CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:SpecialAttack.Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana DESC:You can activate a wand or staff in place of casting a spell when using spell combat.

              #Extempresario (Ultimate Combat)
              #Extempresario ARCANA DESC:As he gains levels, an Extempresario masters arcane secrets that supplement his magical and martial attacks. Any Extempresario who meets the prerequisites listed in a Extempresario arcana's description can select that arcana. Unless specifically noted in a Extempresario arcana's description, a Extempresario cannot select a particular Extempresario arcana more than once. Extempresario arcana that affect spells can only be used to modify spells from the Extempresario spell list unless otherwise noted in their descriptions.
              # Ability Name Unique Key Category of Ability Type Required Ability Var. Min. Value Description
              Accurate Strike KEY:Accurate Strike ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,9 DESC:The Extempresario can expend 2 points from his arcane pool as a swift action to resolve all of his melee weapon attacks until the end of his turn as melee touch attacks. The Extempresario must be at least 9th level before selecting this arcana.
              Arcane Cloak KEY:Arcane Cloak ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,9 DESC:The Extempresario can expend 1 point from his arcane pool to add his Charisma bonus to Stealth checks and Bluff checks to create a diversion in order to hide. This bonus lasts for 1 minute.
              Arcane Edge KEY:Arcane Edge ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,9 DESC:The Extempresario can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as an immediate action after hitting a target with a slashing or piercing weapon in order to deal an amount of bleed damage equal to his Charisma modifier (minimum 0). The Extempresario must be at least 9th level before he selects this arcana.
              Arcane Redoubt KEY:Arcane Redoubt ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality DESC:As a swift action, the Extempresario can expend 1 point from his arcane pool to treat his shield bonus to AC (including any enhancement bonus) as a bonus to touch AC until the beginning of his next turn.
              Arcane Redoubt, Greater KEY:Arcane Redoubt - Greater ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Arcane Redoubt ~ Extempresario Arcana PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,12 DESC:Whenever the Extempresario uses his arcane redoubt Extempresario arcana, he may spend an additional point from his arcane pool in order to apply his shield bonus to AC (including any enhancement bonus) as a bonus on Reflex saves until the beginning of his next turn. If he is targeted with an effect requiring a Reflex save while using this power, he may spend 2 points from his arcane pool as an immediate action to grant himself evasion, or 4 points to grant himself improved evasion. The Extempresario must have the arcane redoubt Extempresario arcana and be at least 12th level to select this Extempresario arcana.
              Bane Blade KEY:Bane Blade ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,15 DESC:Whenever the Extempresario enhances his weapon using his arcane pool, he may spend 1 additional point from his arcane pool to add the bane special ability to the weapon. The Extempresario must be at least 15th level before selecting this arcana.
              Devoted Blade KEY:Devoted Blade ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,15 DESC:Whenever the Extempresario enhances his weapon using his arcane pool, he may spend 1 additional point from his arcane pool to add either the anarchic, axiomatic, holy, or unholy special ability to the list of available options. A Extempresario may only add one of these abilities if it matches his own alignment. The Extempresario must be at least 12th level before selecting this arcana.
              Disruptive KEY:Disruptive ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,6 DESC:The Extempresario gains Disruptive as a bonus feat. The Extempresario must be at least 6th level before selecting this arcana.
              Enduring Blade KEY:Enduring Blade ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,6 DESC:Whenever the Extempresario enchants his weapon using his arcane pool, he may spend 1 additional point from his arcane pool to increase the duration to 1 minute per Extempresario level. The Extempresario must be at least 6th level before selecting this arcana.
              Ghost Blade KEY:Ghost Blade ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,9 DESC:Whenever the Extempresario enchants his weapon using his arcane pool, he may spend 1 additional point from his arcane pool to add the brilliant energy and ghost touch special abilities to the list of available options. The Extempresario must be at least 9th level before selecting this arcana.
              Lingering Pain KEY:Lingering Pain ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality DESC:The Extempresario can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as an immediate action after hitting a target with a weapon attack. All damage from that attack (including damage from a spell cast using the spellstrike ability) is considered continuous damage for the purposes of any concentration checks made by the target prior to the beginning of the Extempresario's next turn.
              Pool Strike, Arcing KEY:Pool Strike - Arcing ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Pool Strike ~ Extempresario Arcana PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,11 DESC:The Extempresario can expend 1 additional point from his arcane pool when using the pool strike arcana. If his attack hits, the Extempresario can target a number of enemies within 15 feet equal to his Charisma modifier (minimum 0) with a ranged touch attack as a free action. Those struck take the same energy damage as the primary target of the pool strike, including increased damage on a critical hit. The Extempresario must be at least 12th level and must have the pool strike Extempresario arcana before selecting this Extempresario arcana.
              Pool Strike, Clinging KEY:Pool Strike - Clinging ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Pool Strike ~ Extempresario Arcana PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,9 DESC:The Extempresario can expend 1 additional point from his arcane pool when making a pool strike. A single target of his pool strike takes energy damage as normal from the pool strike and also takes half this amount of damage at the beginning of its turn on the following round. The Extempresario must be at least 9th level and must have the pool strike Extempresario arcana before selecting this Extempresario arcana.
              Pool Strike, Thunderous KEY:Pool Strike - Thunderous ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Pool Strike ~ Extempresario Arcana PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,6 DESC:The Extempresario can expend 1 additional point from his arcane pool when making a pool strike. His pool strike deals sonic damage and deafens a single target for 1 round (DC 10 + 1/2 Extempresario level + Charisma modifier). The Extempresario must be at least 6th level and must have the pool strike Extempresario arcana before selecting this Extempresario arcana.
              Prescient Attack KEY:Prescient Attack ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,6 DESC:The Extempresario can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as an immediate action after hitting a target with a weapon attack, allowing him to anticipate his opponent's defenses. The target is denied its Dexterity bonus against the Extempresario's attacks until the end of the Extempresario's next turn. The Extempresario must be at least 6th level before selecting this arcana.
              Prescient Defense KEY:Prescient Defense ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,9 DESC:The Extempresario can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as an immediate action after hitting a target with a weapon attack, granting him a premonition of his enemy's intentions. The Extempresario gains a bonus to his AC and on Reflex saves equal to his Charisma modifier (minimum 0) against attacks by that opponent until the beginning of his next turn. The Extempresario must be at least 9th level before selecting this arcana.
              Rod Mastery KEY:Rod Mastery ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality DESC:Whenever the Extempresario uses a rod, he calculates the DC for any spell it contains using his Charisma modifier (minimum 0) instead of the minimum modifier needed to cast a spell of that level.
              Rod Wielder KEY:Rod Wielder ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Supernatural.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality DESC:The Extempresario adds his Charisma bonus (minimum 0) on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance when using a spell contained within a rod or when making a spellstrike attack channeled through a rod.
              Spellbreaker KEY:Spellbreaker ~ Extempresario ARCANA CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Extraordinary.ExtempresarioArcana.SpecialQuality PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArcanaLVL,9 DESC:The Extempresario gains Spellbreaker as a bonus feat. The Extempresario must be at least 9th level before selecting this arcana.

              ----------

              #Archetype Buckets
              # Ability Category Visible Editable or Static? Change Pool? Fractional values? Category of Object Type of Object Plural description for UI Display Location
              ABILITYCATEGORY:Extempresario Archetype VISIBLE:QUALIFY EDITABLE:YES EDITPOOL:NO FRACTIONALPOOL:NO CATEGORY:Archetype TYPE:MagusArchetype PLURAL:Magus Archetypes DISPLAYLOCATION:Archetype

              #Extempresario ability categories
              # Ability Category Visible Editable or Static? Change Pool? Fractional values? Category of Object Type of Object Plural description for UI Display Location
              ABILITYCATEGORY:Extempresario Arcana VISIBLE:QUALIFY EDITABLE:YES EDITPOOL:YES FRACTIONALPOOL:NO CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:ExtempresarioArcana PLURAL:Extempresario Arcana DISPLAYLOCATION:Class Abilities
              ABILITYCATEGORY:Extempresario Bonus Feat VISIBLE:QUALIFY EDITABLE:YES EDITPOOL:YES FRACTIONALPOOL:NO CATEGORY:FEAT TYPE:Combat.ItemCreation.Metamagic PLURAL:Extempresario Bonus Feats DISPLAYLOCATION:Feats

              ----------

              #Extempresario
              # Class Name Hit Dice Type Abbreviation Max Level Source Page Define Save checks bonus Combat bonus
              CLASS:Extempresario HD:8 TYPE:Base.PC CLASSTYPE:PC ABB:Extmp MAXLEVEL:20 SOURCEPAGE:Homebrew DEFINE:ExtempresarioLvl|CL BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Fortitude,BASE.Will|CL/2+2 BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Reflex|CL/3 BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|CL*3/4|TYPE=Base.REPLACE ROLE:Combat
              # Class Name Skill Pts/Lvl Class Skill
              CLASS:Extempresario STARTSKILLPTS:2 CSKILL:Climb|TYPE=Craft|Fly|Intimidate|Knowledge (Arcana)|Knowledge (Dungeoneering)|Knowledge (Planes)|TYPE=Profession|Ride|Spellcraft|Swim|Use Magic Device
              # Class Name Spell Stat Spell Type Memorize Spell List Caster level
              CLASS:Extempresario SPELLSTAT:CHA SPELLTYPE:Arcane MEMORIZE:NO SPELLLIST:1|Magus BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|Extempresario|CL
              ###Block:Proficiencies
              1 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|All Automatic Proficiencies
              1 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|All Martial Weapon Proficiencies|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioWeaponProficiency
              1 ABILITY:FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Armor Proficiency (Light)|PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArmorProficiencyLVL,1|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioArmorProficiency,TYPE.ExtempresarioLightArmorProficiency
              1 ABILITY:FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Armor Proficiency (Medium)|PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArmorProficiencyLVL,7|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioArmorProficiency,TYPE.ExtempresarioMediumArmorProficiency
              1 ABILITY:FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Armor Proficiency (Heavy)|PREVARGTEQ:ExtempresarioArmorProficiencyLVL,13|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioArmorProficiency,TYPE.ExtempresarioHeavyArmorProficiency
              ###Block:
              1 AUTO:FEAT|Martial Weapon Proficiency Output|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioWeaponProficiency
              1 AUTO:FEAT|Simple Weapon Proficiency|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioWeaponProficiency
              ###Block: Class features
              1 BONUS:VAR|ExtempresarioArmorProficiencyLVL|CL
              1 BONUS:VAR|ExtempresarioArcanePoolLVL|CL
              3 BONUS:VAR|ExtempresarioArcanaLVL|CL
              10 BONUS:VAR|ExtempresarioFighterTrainingLVL|CL
              ###Block:
              5 BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Extempresario Bonus Feat|(CL+1)/6
              ###Block:
              1 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Armor Proficiency ~ Extempresario|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioArmorProficiency
              1 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Arcane Pool ~ Extempresario|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioArcanePool
              1 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Spell Combat ~ Extempresario|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioSpellCombat
              1 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Cantrips ~ Extempresario|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioCantrips
              2 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Spellstrike ~ Extempresario|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioSpellstrike
              3 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Extempresario Arcana ~ Extempresario|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioArcana
              4 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Spell Reserves ~ Extempresario|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioSpellReserves
              7 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Knowledge Pool ~ Extempresario|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioKnowledgePool
              8 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Improved Spell Combat ~ Extempresario|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioImprovedSpellCombat
              10 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Fighter Training ~ Extempresario|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioFighterTraining
              11 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Improved Spell Reserves ~ Extempresario|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioImprovedSpellReserves
              14 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Greater Spell Combat ~ Extempresario|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioGreaterSpellCombat
              16 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Counterstrike ~ Extempresario|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioCounterstrike
              19 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Greater Spell Access ~ Extempresario|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioGreaterSpellAccess
              20 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|True Extempresario ~ Extempresario|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.ExtempresarioTrueExtempresario
              ###Block: Spell progression
              1 CAST:3,1 KNOWN:4,2
              2 CAST:4,2 KNOWN:5,3
              3 CAST:4,3 KNOWN:6,4
              4 CAST:4,3,1 KNOWN:6,4,2
              5 CAST:4,4,2 KNOWN:6,4,3
              6 CAST:5,4,3 KNOWN:6,4,4
              7 CAST:5,4,3,1 KNOWN:6,5,4,2
              8 CAST:5,4,4,2 KNOWN:6,5,4,3
              9 CAST:5,5,4,3 KNOWN:6,5,4,4
              10 CAST:5,5,4,3,1 KNOWN:6,5,5,4,2
              11 CAST:5,5,4,4,2 KNOWN:6,6,5,4,3
              12 CAST:5,5,5,4,3 KNOWN:6,6,5,4,4
              13 CAST:5,5,5,4,3,1 KNOWN:6,6,5,5,4,2
              14 CAST:5,5,5,4,4,2 KNOWN:6,6,6,5,4,3
              15 CAST:5,5,5,5,4,3 KNOWN:6,6,6,5,4,4
              16 CAST:5,5,5,5,4,3,1 KNOWN:6,6,6,5,5,4,2
              17 CAST:5,5,5,5,4,4,2 KNOWN:6,6,6,6,5,4,3
              18 CAST:5,5,5,5,5,4,3 KNOWN:6,6,6,6,5,4,4
              19 CAST:5,5,5,5,5,5,4 KNOWN:6,6,6,6,5,5,4
              20 CAST:5,5,5,5,5,5,5 KNOWN:6,6,6,6,6,5,5

            • Eric C Smith
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013
                Hi b4d4skiddlybee!

                This list does not take attachments. Normally we would have you upload files to the Files Section of this list but in this case it might be better if you send it direct to one of us.

                Maredudd
                maredudd@...

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013

                  oh crap i see what just happened. uh... whoops. don't know how to fix that, if a mod could delete my previous post or something go ahead. ill just email andrew instead

                • nylanfs
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013

                    I agree with both Eric and Stefan. In my opinion this would qualify as a publisher.