Re: [pcgen] Incorrect/inconsistent double weapon output

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2013

      On Sep 6, 2013 5:44 AM, <adventure@...> wrote:

      > I got this from the Paizo discussion boards:
      > Elf wizard, stats 7, 15, 13, 18, 10, 9 (after race), equipped with quarterstaff.
      >
      > Most character sheets give -10/-10 as the attack modifier.
      > Fantasy_Character_Sheet gives -6/-10, which I believe is correct.
      >  Statblocks give -2.
      >
      > What's up with that?  :-)

      Well, the statblocks and some of the sheets depend upon how the weapon is equipped (carried, two handed, double) to generate their numbers... My guess would be this is the difference you are seeing.

      Barak

    • Doug Limmer
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2013
        On 9/6/2013 8:06 AM, Barak wrote:

        On Sep 6, 2013 5:44 AM, <adventure@...> wrote:

        > I got this from the Paizo discussion boards:
        > Elf wizard, stats 7, 15, 13, 18, 10, 9 (after race), equipped with quarterstaff.
        >
        > Most character sheets give -10/-10 as the attack modifier.
        > Fantasy_Character_Sheet gives -6/-10, which I believe is correct.
        >  Statblocks give -2.
        >
        > What's up with that?  :-)

        Well, the statblocks and some of the sheets depend upon how the weapon is equipped (carried, two handed, double) to generate their numbers... My guess would be this is the difference you are seeing.

        Barak

        But, why do they give inconsistent numbers?  The character isn't wielding the weapon any differently.

        Shouldn't this be fixed?  And shouldn't the sheets give the correct values?

        DS/DL

      • nylanfs
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2013

          Actually it look like it might be only outputing the 2W-OH values.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 7, 2013
            Open a bug please.

            I know the sheet you select will determine what output you see.

            Simple - Always defaults to a Single View - which is determined by the primary method the weapon is
            being equipped.

            Standard - Displays all the options.

            When I'm not playing catch up from sleep and honey do list I'll take a look.