Draconic bloodline campaign

  • skywalker123077
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2013
      I am about to start a new campaign and have toyed with allowing all players to have a back story where an ancestor was a metallic dragon of some kind.
      So, with that in mind, is it possible to allow access to the draconic bloodline abilities for classes other than sorcerer?
      Examples...
      Halfling monk with the gold dragon bloodline
      Half-Elf ranger with silver dragon bloodline
      Half-Elf bard with copper dragon bloodline

      Ideally as the characters go up in level, instead of getting bonus spells, they'd get spell-like abilities.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2013
        Well, yes. It is possible. However, you'll have to re-do the spells to be the Spell like abilities.

        On 8/30/2013 4:58 PM, skywalker123077 wrote:
        > I am about to start a new campaign and have toyed with allowing all players to have a back story where an ancestor was a metallic dragon of some kind.
        > So, with that in mind, is it possible to allow access to the draconic bloodline abilities for classes other than sorcerer?
        > Examples...
        > Halfling monk with the gold dragon bloodline
        > Half-Elf ranger with silver dragon bloodline
        > Half-Elf bard with copper dragon bloodline
        >
        > Ideally as the characters go up in level, instead of getting bonus spells, they'd get spell-like abilities.

      • Jason Pettiet
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2013
          Bit of a noob when it comes to the PCGEN script. How would I go about doing that? If it wouldn't take to much of your time that is.

          Jason Pettiet

          On Aug 30, 2013, at 7:03 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

          > Well, yes. It is possible. However, you'll have to re-do the spells to be the Spell like abilities.
          >
          > On 8/30/2013 4:58 PM, skywalker123077 wrote:
          > > I am about to start a new campaign and have toyed with allowing all players to have a back story where an ancestor was a metallic dragon of some kind.
          > > So, with that in mind, is it possible to allow access to the draconic bloodline abilities for classes other than sorcerer?
          > > Examples...
          > > Halfling monk with the gold dragon bloodline
          > > Half-Elf ranger with silver dragon bloodline
          > > Half-Elf bard with copper dragon bloodline
          > >
          > > Ideally as the characters go up in level, instead of getting bonus spells, they'd get spell-like abilities.

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 30, 2013
            Hi Jason,

            Do you envision the players have a choice of abilities? Or would they be set for each progression?

            Having a choice would mean creating the ability that grants the spell like ability using the SPELLS tag. (See the Tag Docs for Global:Other:SPELLS)

            Why don't you pop over to the PCGenListFileHelp group and we'll see if we can get you started on creating the LST files you'll need?

            Maredudd