PCGen and Linux Mint

  • redavis1701
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30 4:34 PM
      Hello, I am having trouble installing PCGen on my Linux Mint machine. I downloaded the files for it, but don't know where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rick Davis
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30 10:35 PM
        I haven't used PCGen on Linux in a good long time.

        Do you have JAVA installed? OpenJDK is one of the options out there that is popular on Linux Distros.

        You need JAVA 1.6 or equivalent to make PCGen work. Run the pcgen.jar file and the program should work.

        I'll see if I can't get one of our Linux users to answer with more specific answers.

        On 8/30/2013 4:34 PM, redavis1701@... wrote:
        > Hello, I am having trouble installing PCGen on my Linux Mint machine. I downloaded the files for it, but don't know where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rick Davis

      • Darth Borehd
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31 10:55 AM
          Unzip the files to any place you want. I put mine in the home folder.

          Browse to the new folder and find the pcgen.sh file. Right click on it and
          go to Permissions. Check the box for "Allow executing file as program".
          Click on close. When you double click the pcgen.sh file, it will launch
          PcGen.

          On 30 August 2013 22:35, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I haven't used PCGen on Linux in a good long time.
          >
          > Do you have JAVA installed? OpenJDK is one of the options out there that
          > is popular on Linux Distros.
          >
          > You need JAVA 1.6 or equivalent to make PCGen work. Run the pcgen.jar file
          > and the program should work.
          >
          > I'll see if I can't get one of our Linux users to answer with more
          > specific answers.
          >

          > On 8/30/2013 4:34 PM, redavis1701@... wrote:
          > > Hello, I am having trouble installing PCGen on my Linux Mint machine. I
          > downloaded the files for it, but don't know where to go from here. Any help
          > would be appreciated. Thanks, Rick Davis

          > > PCGen List File Help:
          > >
          > > PCGen Experimental:
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • redavis1701