Ghost touch armor +3

  • Joseph Dobransky
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2013
      I am trying to add this piece of of equipment to pcgen and learn how to
      add "custom items" or at least modify existing ones. Can someone get me
      started so I can wrap my head around the concepts? Thanks.

      --
      ******************************
      * Captain Joseph Dobransky
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 28, 2013
        On 28.08.2013 15:44, Joseph Dobransky wrote:
        > I am trying to add this piece of of equipment to pcgen and learn how to
        > add "custom items" or at least modify existing ones. Can someone get me
        > started so I can wrap my head around the concepts? Thanks.

        On the Inventory/Purchase tab, find the armor item you want to customize
        in the left hand pane. Right click the entry and choose "Add Custom".
        You will get a new dialog named "Item Customizer". In the list shown on
        the left hand, first double click on the enhancement bonus entry you
        want, "+3 (Enhancement to Armor)" in this case. Not that the right hand
        pane now contains "PLUS3A" which is the internal identifier for this
        bonus. Then choose other improvements, here you want "Ghost touch"
        (scroll down to find it). This adds "GHOST_A" on the right.
        If you like, you can then change the name (use the "Name") button.
        Finally, press "Buy", or "OK", to create the item.

        Hope that helps,
        Stefan
      • John Bauldree
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 28, 2013
          Joseph,
          You would go to the inventory tab and search for the base armor you want to modify, chain shirt for example. Then right click the item and select add custom. A window pops up with all the modifications you can do to the item. Select what you want on the item then click Buy or Ok.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Aug 28, 2013, at 9:44 AM, Joseph Dobransky <nightowl@...> wrote:

          > I am trying to add this piece of of equipment to pcgen and learn how to
          > add "custom items" or at least modify existing ones. Can someone get me
          > started so I can wrap my head around the concepts? Thanks.
          >
          > --
          > ******************************
          > * Captain Joseph Dobransky
          > * Nightowls Webspace
          > * 1.727.657.2778
          > * http://www.nightowlswebspace.com
          > * AIM: CrankyCronos
          > * Yahoo: skeeter1jd
          > * MSN: skeeter1jd@...
          > * ICQ: 21228143
        • Jon Catron
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 28, 2013
            Don't forget to adjust your pricing appropriately if it's an item you have made with creation feats.  If you're running the latest PCGen there is a 'crafting' buy rate option at the main inventory screen that buys and sells @ 50%. If you're running an older version, in the custom item dialog that Stefan described is a price button near the name button that lets you change the cost.