Looking for a Mac User to Run a Test

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 23, 2013
      Hi Folks!

      In my role as Mac Release monkey for PCGen I am looking for any user that runs PCGen on Mac OSX 10.4 with JAVA 1.6. If this describes you, and if you are interested in helping me with some testing please contact me off-list.

      ---
      Eric C Smith, PCGen Doc 2nd
      PR/PL/Adv/Lic Chimp, Data/Doc Chimp
      Release/Tracker Gibbon, Web Tamarin
      aka. Maredudd, Tenacious Monkey
    • Henk Slaaf
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 23, 2013
        Hey Eric,

        Maybe you can run it in Parallels yourself?

        Henk

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 24, 2013
          Hi Folks!

          Henk Slaaf wrote:

          > Hey Eric,
          >
          > Maybe you can run it in Parallels yourself?

          Nope. Can't do it. Don't have Parallels and don't have a copy of OSX 10.4.

          As I said, I need a user that runs Mac OSX 10.4.x and running JAVA 1.6.

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 26, 2013
            <bump>

            On Aug 23, 2013, at 6:45 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:

            > Hi Folks!
            >
            > In my role as Mac Release monkey for PCGen I am looking for any user that runs PCGen on Mac OSX 10.4 with JAVA 1.6. If this describes you, and if you are interested in helping me with some testing please contact me off-list.
            >
            > ---
            > Eric C Smith, PCGen Doc 2nd
            > PR/PL/Adv/Lic Chimp, Data/Doc Chimp
            > Release/Tracker Gibbon, Web Tamarin
            > aka. Maredudd, Tenacious Monkey
          • Jami Lowery
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 27, 2013
              Hi Eric,

              Looking for some clarification on this. You are looking for someone still
              running OS X 10.4 (Tiger, released in 2005), because that's quite old? I am
              running OS X 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion, released in 2012) with Java version
              1.6.0_51 and would be willing to run some tests if that helps.

              Thanks!
              Jami

              --
              Jami Lowery
              jami.lowery@...

            • Tom Parker
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 27, 2013
                Welcome to the world of software testing. According to the last numbers I saw, Tiger still accounts for about 2% of OS X installations. So not big, but not insignificant.

                Eric, does it matter whether it�s Intel or PowerPC? When I have some time (and if I can find the disks) I can probably install Tiger on an old PowerPC Mac mini or G5 tower I have here.

                cheers,
                tom

                On Aug 27, 2013, at 7:05 AM, Jami Lowery <jami.lowery@...> wrote:

                > Hi Eric,
                >
                > Looking for some clarification on this. You are looking for someone still
                > running OS X 10.4 (Tiger, released in 2005), because that's quite old? I am
                > running OS X 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion, released in 2012) with Java version
                > 1.6.0_51 and would be willing to run some tests if that helps.
                >
                > Thanks!
                > Jami

              • Maredudd
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 27, 2013
                  Hi Tom!

                  Intel vs PPC? I don't think it does as long as its running JAVA 1.6.

                  Eric