soulbolt archetype not appearing when source is loaded

  • tomwof
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 16 12:07 AM
      I've started using the DreamScarred Press psionics content for the Pathfinder RPG (using latest stable release PCgen 6.00.1 for Windows). I load in the Pathfinder Core Rulebook and Advanced Players Guide, and all the DSP content. One of the DSP books is Psionics Expanded -- Find the Mark, whose description says it includes the soulbolt archetype for the soulknife class. But when I add a level of soulknife to the character and check the available archetypes, that archetype does not appear. Is the data set incomplete? Does this need to be submitted as a FREQ? (In case it matters, I was using the elan race.)
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 16 12:16 AM

        I did a quick search and I see the archetype in question in the data set you mentioned. On that
        front everything looks good.

        Just to help make sure this isn't something that was fixed between 6.0.1 and today's 6.1.5, would
        you mind grabbing that version (Yes, I know it says UNSTABLE Alpha, but to be honest, I use the
        latest version and it's usually superior to the production release - more bug fixes, better features).

        If you are still having an issue, please do submit a data bug report in our JIRA system. I know Doug
        will be thrilled to know someone is using his sets and giving them a good testing. :)

        On 8/16/2013 12:07 AM, tomwof wrote:
        > I've started using the DreamScarred Press psionics content for the Pathfinder RPG (using latest stable release PCgen 6.00.1 for Windows). I load in the Pathfinder Core Rulebook and Advanced Players Guide, and all the DSP content. One of the DSP books is Psionics Expanded -- Find the Mark, whose description says it includes the soulbolt archetype for the soulknife class. But when I add a level of soulknife to the character and check the available archetypes, that archetype does not appear. Is the data set incomplete? Does this need to be submitted as a FREQ? (In case it matters, I was using the elan race.)

      • Doug Limmer
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 16 4:34 PM
          On 8/16/2013 3:16 AM, Andrew wrote:

          > If you are still having an issue, please do submit a data bug report
          > in our JIRA system. I know Doug
          > will be thrilled to know someone is using his sets and giving them a
          > good testing. :)

          Even if I grouse about it, this is true. :-)

          > On 8/16/2013 12:07 AM, tomwof wrote:
          > > I've started using the DreamScarred Press psionics content for the
          > Pathfinder RPG (using latest stable release PCgen 6.00.1 for Windows).
          > I load in the Pathfinder Core Rulebook and Advanced Players Guide, and
          > all the DSP content. One of the DSP books is Psionics Expanded -- Find
          > the Mark, whose description says it includes the soulbolt archetype
          > for the soulknife class. But when I add a level of soulknife to the
          > character and check the available archetypes, that archetype does not
          > appear. Is the data set incomplete? Does this need to be submitted as
          > a FREQ? (In case it matters, I was using the elan race.)

          I re-tried it myself (Pathfinder for Players - Advanced, PsiUn, PE-Find
          the Mark loaded) and the soulbolt shows for me (using 6.1.3).

          If you're loading multiple PE serial releases, the new all-in-one PE
          might work better for you. Although, I can't think of any reason why
          [I could imagine other things, but not that.]

          DS/DL

        • tomwof
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 21 6:35 PM
            The alpha release fixed the problem. Thanks! Now to wallow in psionic madness...