Re: [pcgen] Star Wars Edge of the Empire

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12, 2013
      Hi dravinclaw,

      Sorry, not at this time. Star Wars materials have two license holders we'd have to get permission
      from, whomever handles the Star Wars license for George Lucas and Wizards of the Coast.

      We do offer homebrew support, where you can make what you need. Though, it will mean having to make
      a core rule book to build off of.

      Cheers,

      Andrew (Admin SB)

      On 8/12/2013 12:24 PM, dravinclaw wrote:
      > I was wondering is you had plans to add Star Wars Edge of the Empire to the creation list?

    • dravinclaw
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12, 2013
        Ok, Wizards of the coast do not have the rights anymore since this is a new system from Fantasy Flight Games I do have a core rule book (if you need it) I know some of my group really like PCgen to make characters just to get into game quicker. A few fans of the game on the forums of FFG have made excel creators (I hate excel).

        > Hi dravinclaw,
        >
        > Sorry, not at this time. Star Wars materials have two license holders we'd have to get permission
        > from, whomever handles the Star Wars license for George Lucas and Wizards of the Coast.
        >
        > We do offer homebrew support, where you can make what you need. Though, it will mean having to make
        > a core rule book to build off of.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Andrew (Admin SB)
        >
        > On 8/12/2013 12:24 PM, dravinclaw wrote:
        > > I was wondering is you had plans to add Star Wars Edge of the Empire to the creation list?

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 12, 2013
          I don't think anyone on the team has looked at the new system yet. I don't even know if it uses the old d20 system. If not it might be a bit of a shohorn to get it to work with the current code.

          But either way the licensing would have to talk to both FFG and Lucas (and possibly Disney now).

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 12, 2013
            Yeah they use a customized dice set(D6,D8 and D12) but have a conversion for regular dice in the core rulebook. I know this would help a lot of people.