Can anyone see the Caves Subdomain in PCGen 6?

  • firepoet78
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 10 9:19 AM
      Hey guys,

      I'm making a new Druid who I'd like to be able to take the Caves Subdomain. However, it doesn't seem to be listed in the Domains list.

      Also, can anyone tell me why none of the elemental Subdomains are marked as allowable for a Druid? This very strange message shows up when I click on "Wind Subdomain":

       var: DruidWindAllowed exactly 1

      Thanks in advance for any help!

      Stephen.
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 10 9:26 AM
        Which book is it in?

        Maredudd

        On Aug 10, 2013, at 12:19 PM, firepoet78 wrote:

        > Hey guys,
        >
        > I'm making a new Druid who I'd like to be able to take the Caves Subdomain. However, it doesn't seem to be listed in the Domains list.
        >
        > Also, can anyone tell me why none of the elemental Subdomains are marked as allowable for a Druid? This very strange message shows up when I click on "Wind Subdomain":
        >
        > var: DruidWindAllowed exactly 1
        >
        > Thanks in advance for any help!
        >
        > Stephen.

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 10 9:28 AM
          And what sources do you have loaded?

          Maredudd

          On Aug 10, 2013, at 12:19 PM, firepoet78 wrote:

          > Hey guys,
          >
          > I'm making a new Druid who I'd like to be able to take the Caves Subdomain. However, it doesn't seem to be listed in the Domains list.
          >
          > Also, can anyone tell me why none of the elemental Subdomains are marked as allowable for a Druid? This very strange message shows up when I click on "Wind Subdomain":
          >
          > var: DruidWindAllowed exactly 1
          >
          > Thanks in advance for any help!
          >
          > Stephen.

        • Matthew Thompson
          Message 4 of 22 , Aug 10 11:24 AM
            I can't seem to find this on the export pop-up.  I can find the statblock 1 to 5 when the popup comes up, but not the statblock_pathfinder.  So I can preview in this statblock (which looks exactly like I want), but not export it so I can then print it off.

            Message 5 of 22 , Aug 10 2:00 PM
              When you say you can "Preview" I assume you are able to view it as part of the Character Tab, correct?

              Message 6 of 22 , Aug 10 5:18 PM
                On the Character Sheet tab yes.

                Drop down selection is :

                AbilitiesTest1.htm
                AbilitiesTest2.htm
                Compact.htm
                Fantasy_Character_Sheet.htm
                preview.htm
                Spellbook.htm
                Standard.htm
                StatBlock1.htm
                StatBlock2.htm
                StatBlock3.htm
                StatBlock4.htm
                StatBlock4a.htm
                StatBlock5.htm
                StatBlock_Pathfinder.htm
                Statblock_SRD.htm
                troubleshooting.htm

                I can find all the exports except StatBlock_Pathfinder when exporting to HTML.

                Matt

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 22 , Aug 10 8:16 PM
                  Thanks for the quick response!!

                  It's in the PFAPG (pg 87-88)

                  Sources loaded:

                  Paizo - Dwarves of Golarion
                  Paizo - Gnomes of Golarion
                  Paizo - Guide to the River Kingdoms
                  Paizo - Heart of the Jungle
                  Paizo - Inner Sea Primer
                  Paizo - Inner Sea World Guide
                  Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Advanced Player's Guide
                  Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary
                  Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
                  Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Combat
                  Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Magic
                  Paizo - Pirates of the Inner Sea
                  Paizo - Sargava, the Lost Colony
                  Paizo - Serpent's Skull Player's Guide

                  > And what sources do you have loaded?
                  >
                  > Maredudd
                  >
                  > On Aug 10, 2013, at 12:19 PM, firepoet78 wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hey guys,
                  > >
                  > > I'm making a new Druid who I'd like to be able to take the Caves Subdomain. However, it doesn't seem to be listed in the Domains list.
                  > >
                  > > Also, can anyone tell me why none of the elemental Subdomains are marked as allowable for a Druid? This very strange message shows up when I click on "Wind Subdomain":
                  > >
                  > > var: DruidWindAllowed exactly 1
                  > >
                  > > Thanks in advance for any help!
                  > >
                  > > Stephen.

                • firepoet78
                  Message 8 of 22 , Aug 11 9:26 AM
                    It looks like the bug is in the interaction between the following two sources:

                    Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Advanced Player's Guide
                    Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Magic

                    If I remove the Ultimate Magic source, then the Caves Subdomain shows up.

                    Should I open a bug report? Or is this expected behavior?

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "firepoet78" <firepoet78@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks for the quick response!!
                    >
                    > It's in the PFAPG (pg 87-88)
                    >
                    > Sources loaded:
                    >
                    > Paizo - Dwarves of Golarion
                    > Paizo - Gnomes of Golarion
                    > Paizo - Guide to the River Kingdoms
                    > Paizo - Heart of the Jungle
                    > Paizo - Inner Sea Primer
                    > Paizo - Inner Sea World Guide
                    > Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Advanced Player's Guide
                    > Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary
                    > Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
                    > Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Combat
                    > Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Ultimate Magic
                    > Paizo - Pirates of the Inner Sea
                    > Paizo - Sargava, the Lost Colony
                    > Paizo - Serpent's Skull Player's Guide
                    >
                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > And what sources do you have loaded?
                    > >
                    > > Maredudd
                    > >
                    > > On Aug 10, 2013, at 12:19 PM, firepoet78 wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > Hey guys,
                    > > >
                    > > > I'm making a new Druid who I'd like to be able to take the Caves Subdomain. However, it doesn't seem to be listed in the Domains list.
                    > > >
                    > > > Also, can anyone tell me why none of the elemental Subdomains are marked as allowable for a Druid? This very strange message shows up when I click on "Wind Subdomain":
                    > > >
                    > > > var: DruidWindAllowed exactly 1
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks in advance for any help!
                    > > >
                    > > > Stephen.

                  • Bahamut Dragon
                    Message 9 of 22 , Aug 11 3:33 PM
                      I'd open a bug report mate. It doesn't sound right to me.

                      --
                      ~BD
                      https://github.com/BahamutDragon/pcgen
                      Message 10 of 22 , Aug 11 5:32 PM
                        The issue appears fixed. Either pull the latest autobuild, or grab 6.01.5 when it get's released
                        tomorrow.

                        Cheers,

                        Message 11 of 22 , Aug 12 7:16 AM
                          Anyone?

                          ________________________________
                          I can find all the exports except StatBlock_Pathfinder when exporting to HTML.

                          Matt

                          ________________________________
                          When you say you can "Preview" I assume you are able to view it as part of the Character Tab, correct?

                          On 8/10/2013 11:24 AM, Matthew Thompson wrote:
                          > I can't seem to find this on the export pop-up. I can find the statblock 1 to 5 when the popup comes up, but not the statblock_pathfinder. So I can preview in this statblock (which looks exactly like I want), but not export it so I can then print it off.

                        • Stefan Radermacher
                          Message 12 of 22 , Aug 12 9:27 AM
                            On 12.08.2013 16:16, Matthew Thompson wrote:
                            > Anyone?

                            I've been working on that statblock template, and it is not yet
                            finished, but I'll see to it that it gets into the export listing later
                            tonight or tomorrow.

                            Stefan.
                          • Paul
                            Message 13 of 22 , Aug 12 9:27 AM
                              Okay it's because the preview sheets aren't quite the output sheets. The previews are in the preview folder and the output sheets are in the output sheet folder.

                              Copy "statblock_pathfinder.htm" from
                              @\preview\d20\fantasy\statblock_pathfinder.htm

                              @\outputsheets\d20\fantasy\htmlxml

                              and rename it to "csheet_fantasy_pathfinder.htm"

                              The prog is hardcoded to see only "csheet_something"

                              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Thompson <mattdt0@...> wrote:

                              > Anyone?
                              >

                              > ________________________________

                            • Stefan Radermacher
                              Message 14 of 22 , Aug 12 9:30 AM
                                On 12.08.2013 18:27, Paul wrote:
                                > and rename it to "csheet_fantasy_pathfinder.htm"

                                This will work, but you lose the formatting which is in a separate CSS
                                called statblock.pathfinder.css. It might work simply copying this to
                                the outputsheets folder, though.

                                Stefan
                              • Matthew Thompson
                                Message 15 of 22 , Aug 12 9:47 AM
                                  Nope,
                                    just copying the css doesn't work unfortunately.

                                    I wish there was a way to print from the preview. :)

                                  Matt

                                  ________________________________

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Aug 13 2:44 AM
                                    On 12.08.2013 18:47, Matthew Thompson wrote:
                                    > Nope,
                                    > just copying the css doesn't work unfortunately.

                                    Yeah I've noticed that. I have now committed a change that integrates
                                    the CSS definition into the HTML file, and I have created a copy of the
                                    preview sheet in the outputsheet folder, named
                                    csheet_fantasy_statblock_pathfinder.htm. Just note that this is not
                                    finished yet.

                                    Unfortunately this is not yet in the new release, but you can get the
                                    individual files from our repository or get a nightly build tomorrow.

                                    If you want to get the csheet right now, download it from
                                    http://sourceforge.net/p/pcgen/code/21136/tree//Trunk/pcgen/outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml/csheet_fantasy_statblock_pathfinder.htm?format=raw
                                    and put it into outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml. It should then appear
                                    in the export list the next time you start PCGen.

                                    Regards,
                                    Stefan.
                                  • Stefan Radermacher
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Aug 13 2:45 AM
                                      On 13.08.2013 11:44, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
                                      > If you want to get the csheet right now, download it from
                                      > http://sourceforge.net/p/pcgen/code/21136/tree//Trunk/pcgen/outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml/csheet_fantasy_statblock_pathfinder.htm?format=raw
                                      > and put it into outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml. It should then appear
                                      > in the export list the next time you start PCGen.

                                      If you want the best effect, you might want to install the free web font
                                      Gandhi Sans, available here: http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/gandhi-sans.

                                      Regards
                                      Stefan
                                    • Matthew Thompson
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Aug 13 6:01 AM
                                        Thanks,
                                          I'll dload it tonight and let you know how it works.

                                        ________________________________
                                        On 12.08.2013 18:47, Matthew Thompson wrote:
                                        > Nope,
                                        > just copying the css doesn't work unfortunately.

                                        Yeah I've noticed that. I have now committed a change that integrates
                                        the CSS definition into the HTML file, and I have created a copy of the
                                        preview sheet in the outputsheet folder, named
                                        csheet_fantasy_statblock_pathfinder.htm. Just note that this is not
                                        finished yet.

                                        Unfortunately this is not yet in the new release, but you can get the
                                        individual files from our repository or get a nightly build tomorrow.

                                        If you want to get the csheet right now, download it from
                                        http://sourceforge.net/p/pcgen/code/21136/tree//Trunk/pcgen/outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml/csheet_fantasy_statblock_pathfinder.htm?format=raw
                                        and put it into outputsheets/d20/fantasy/htmlxml. It should then appear
                                        in the export list the next time you start PCGen.

                                        Regards,
                                        Stefan.

                                      • masaru20100
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Aug 13 2:48 PM
                                          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
                                          > If you want the best effect, you might want to install the free web font
                                          > Gandhi Sans, available here: http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/gandhi-sans.
                                          >
                                          > Regards
                                          > Stefan

                                          I'm curious, why this font in particular? It doesn't look like the one used by Paizo.

                                          Regards.
                                        • Stefan Radermacher
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Aug 13 3:33 PM
                                            On 13.08.2013 23:48, masaru20100 wrote:
                                            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
                                            >> If you want the best effect, you might want to install the free web font
                                            >> Gandhi Sans, available here: http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/gandhi-sans.

                                            I've found that if you use it in a statblock, or together with Gandhi
                                            Serif for normal text, these fonts are a suitable impression of what the
                                            Nexus fonts that Paizo used look like. However, in newer books, they
                                            have taken to using a new font, called Dax, for statblocks and
                                            sans-serif text is bigger and looks quite different. I prefer the older
                                            look though, and the Gandhi Sans font is a free font that come close
                                            enough. It's my personal choice, though, not a PCGen decision.

                                            Stefan.
                                          • David R. Bender
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Aug 28 6:22 AM
                                              Love this sheet!

                                              One thing to improve it would be adding a MELEE: attack line that
                                              contains the Primary & Secondary attacks for two weapon fighters, rather
                                              than the old ugly everything stat block for that.

                                              -- david
                                              Papa.DRB

                                              My better half and me (jpg)

                                              On 2013-08-13 Tue 06:33 PM, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
                                              > On 13.08.2013 23:48, masaru20100 wrote:
                                              >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
                                              >>> If you want the best effect, you might want to install the free web font
                                              >>> Gandhi Sans, available here: http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/gandhi-sans.
                                              > I've found that if you use it in a statblock, or together with Gandhi
                                              > Serif for normal text, these fonts are a suitable impression of what the
                                              > Nexus fonts that Paizo used look like. However, in newer books, they
                                              > have taken to using a new font, called Dax, for statblocks and
                                              > sans-serif text is bigger and looks quite different. I prefer the older
                                              > look though, and the Gandhi Sans font is a free font that come close
                                              > enough. It's my personal choice, though, not a PCGen decision.
                                              >
                                              > Stefan.

                                            • Stefan Radermacher
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Aug 28 6:29 AM
                                                Thanks! I'm working on getting what you like to see there.

                                                Stefan