craft skill (pathfinder)

  • billybrpwned
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 6, 2013
      In creating a character in PCgen under Pathfinder rules I can't figure out how to treat a weapon or other gear as if you had crafted it. I can reduce the price, but that doesn't reflect what I would get for it if I sold it.
    • Andrew Wilson
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 6, 2013
        Change the buy/sell percentage to zero "buy" the item, then remove
        half its price from whatever you were using to pay for it. Now put
        the buy/sell percentage back to 100/100.

        On 6 August 2013 22:06, billybrpwned <billybusbrown@...> wrote:
        > In creating a character in PCgen under Pathfinder rules I can't figure out how to treat a weapon or other gear as if you had crafted it. I can reduce the price, but that doesn't reflect what I would get for it if I sold it.

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 6, 2013

          Also, in the current alpha we now have a new buy/sell rate called crafted
          which is 50% buy, 50% sell.

          Cheers,
          James

          On 7 August 2013 15:57, Andrew Wilson <andrew@...> wrote:

          > Change the buy/sell percentage to zero "buy" the item, then remove
          > half its price from whatever you were using to pay for it. Now put
          > the buy/sell percentage back to 100/100.
          >
          > On 6 August 2013 22:06, billybrpwned <billybusbrown@...> wrote:
          > > In creating a character in PCgen under Pathfinder rules I can't figure
          > out how to treat a weapon or other gear as if you had crafted it. I can
          > reduce the price, but that doesn't reflect what I would get for it if I
          > sold it.

        • Billy Brown
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 7, 2013
            Crafting mundane items is at 1/3 not 1/2
            On Aug 7, 2013 1:57 AM, "Andrew Wilson" <andrew@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Change the buy/sell percentage to zero "buy" the item, then remove
            > half its price from whatever you were using to pay for it. Now put
            > the buy/sell percentage back to 100/100.
            >
            > On 6 August 2013 22:06, billybrpwned <billybusbrown@...> wrote:
            > > In creating a character in PCgen under Pathfinder rules I can't figure
            > out how to treat a weapon or other gear as if you had crafted it. I can
            > reduce the price, but that doesn't reflect what I would get for it if I
            > sold it.

            > > PCGen List File Help:
            > >
            > > PCGen Experimental:
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Billy Brown
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 7, 2013
              is there a reason it has to be a dropdown and not a pair of sliders or text
              fields?

              On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 6:02 AM, Billy Brown <billybusbrown@...> wrote:

              > Crafting mundane items is at 1/3 not 1/2
              > On Aug 7, 2013 1:57 AM, "Andrew Wilson" <andrew@...> wrote:
              >
              >> **
              >>

              >> Change the buy/sell percentage to zero "buy" the item, then remove
              >> half its price from whatever you were using to pay for it. Now put
              >> the buy/sell percentage back to 100/100.
              >>
              >> On 6 August 2013 22:06, billybrpwned <billybusbrown@...> wrote:
              >> > In creating a character in PCgen under Pathfinder rules I can't figure
              >> out how to treat a weapon or other gear as if you had crafted it. I can
              >> reduce the price, but that doesn't reflect what I would get for it if I
              >> sold it.

              >> > PCGen's alpha build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
              >> > PCGen's JIRA Tracker: http://jira.pcgen.org
              >> >

              >> > PCGen List File Help:
              >> > (for assistance in creating new homebrew or official list files)
              >> >
              >> > PCGen Experimental:
              >> > (for new official data source development)
              >> > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 7, 2013
                Hi Billy,

                Yes the aim was to make it simple - many people had trouble with the old
                system which used text fields.

                Cheers,
                James.

                On 7/08/2013 8:28 PM Billy Brown wrote
                > is there a reason it has to be a dropdown and not a pair of sliders or text
                > fields?
                >

                > On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 6:02 AM, Billy Brown <billybusbrown@...> wrote:
                >
                >> Crafting mundane items is at 1/3 not 1/2
                >> On Aug 7, 2013 1:57 AM, "Andrew Wilson" <andrew@...> wrote:
                >>
                >>> **
                >>>

                >>> Change the buy/sell percentage to zero "buy" the item, then remove
                >>> half its price from whatever you were using to pay for it. Now put
                >>> the buy/sell percentage back to 100/100.

                >>> out how to treat a weapon or other gear as if you had crafted it. I can
                >>> reduce the price, but that doesn't reflect what I would get for it if I
                >>> sold it.

              • Billy Brown
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 7, 2013
                  To make the craft process automated would then require a source code
                  rework? you couldn't do with equipmentmods the way they are set up, because
                  a crafted weapon would be 1/3 price, where as the enchantments would be
                  1/2, and since each equipment mod simply stacks on top of the previous one,
                  there is no way discount just the enchantments, or just the weapon, or
                  discount the weapon and the enchantments at separate rates?

                  Am I correct?